Fate

Eternity

Chapter 8

 

 

We're all sitting in the library silently enjoy the peace. Abrielle is curled up on the love seat her head resting  on Leo's lap while he reads a book, and she snores softly. Ravi has his head phones on making some type of new beat. Hongbin, and Hyuk are quietly arguing over two games, and which is better. And Ken sits reading a manga. I turn back to Leo, and Abrielle then stand so I can go prepare dinner. 

 

"N hyung do you need an help?" Hyukie ask.

 

"If you guys want to. If not I'll be fine."

 

"I think we can help since the little princess is out"

 

Leo looks up from his book, and nods. He slides from under Abrielle laying her head gently on a nearby pillow before placing a blanket on her. We all seem to turning checking on her one more time before leaving the room. 

 

As soon as we're in the kitchen I assign everyone a job. Leo is helping me do the actual cooking, while Hyukie, and Ken are on cutting duty. And Ravi, and Hongbin are making the salad for dinner. Laughter, and happiness flow through the room, as Ken, and Ravi both goof off occasionly causing us all to bust out in fits of laughter. We're halfway through dinner when I feel somethings off. Leo feels it too, because he looks towards me with furrowed brows. 

 

"Go get Abrielle now."

 

He drops everything, and runs to the library. The others are now tensed as well picking up on the feeling. Heavy footsteps come back towards the kitchen, and Leo enters with Abrielle in his arms. She looks pale, and frightened as if she saw a ghost.

 

"Abrielle what's wrong?"

 

"He's here I can feel it. He's come to take me away….don't let him take me…" She cries.

 

Leo allows her to stand, but places her in front of him one arm securely wrapped around her. We all wait, wait for the slightest sound. A twig snaps outside, and our attention turns towards the double glass doors. A familiar set of wolves emerge from the bushes, and we all relax ever so slightly. Suho morphs to his human form.

 

"We felt it too. Something's about to happen so we rushed over." He says as he, and the others enter the kitchen.

 

"Well isn't this a great welcome." A booming voice resounds through the room.

 

All eyes turn to the entrance as loud heavy footsteps echo from that direction. Minho enters a smirk on his face. Abrielle wraps herself around Leo's waste burying her face into his chest.

 

"Awww my puppet why do you hide from me look at me."

 

With a wave of his fingers Abrielle is spun around. Everyone in the room growls.

 

"Whoa tough crowd. Well I hope you don't mind because I brought a few friends as well." 

 

Multiple sets of footsteps enter the room. Sungkyu waves at all of us a wicked grin on his face. Key waves as well his eyes glued on Abrielle. Along with All of Infinite Changmin, an Yunho enter as well. Leo takes a couple steps back arm still tightly wrapped around Abrielle.

 

"So you brought the Devils out to play?" Suho hisses.

 

"Aww are you scared of us little wolf." Dongwoo taunts.

 

"Yeah we're really scared of Heavens rejects." Kai snorts.

 

Suddenly Kai is sent flying through the glass doors. Abrielle screams breaking free of Leo, and running over to Kai.

 

"ABRIELLE LOOK OUT!!!!"

 

Kai grabs her quickly, and they disappear for a split second before ending up next to Leo. He hands Abrielle back to Leo who looked like he was going to murder someone.

 

"You're no fun Kai I was only going to injury her not kill her." Hoya whines.

 

Fire shines in Leo's eyes. 

 

"Oh did I make the big bad Vampire mad. Is he mad because I said I was going to hurt his….."

 

Before Hoya can finish Leo had him on the ground outside pounding his face in. The rest of them decide to make their moves as the leap at us. Kai disappears with Abrielle again. While Sung-jong claws at my throat. I dodge effortlessly. Before punching him straight in the stomach at full force. He crumples to the ground howling in pain. 

 

"N HYUNG WATCH OU…." 

 

A body slams into mine sending me backwards into the stove. Leo lays on top of me slightly disorientated. Hoya is now standing with a bloodied face looking furious. Leo quickly scrambles off of me preparing to fight. 

 

"KAI!!!!" A high pitched scream rings out. 

 

Suddenly Abrielle is in Hoya's arms. Whole Kai lays sprawled out on the ground bleeding. Baekhyun looks over, and then looks at me noding.

 

"COVER TOUR EYES!!!"

 

The light can still be seen through my shielded eyes. When it dies down Lay is standing with both Kai, and Abrielle next to me. The demons are really pissed now. 

 

"Lay can you get Abrielle out of here? Take her to Yongguk, and wait until with her until we come to retrieve her. Take Kai as well."

 

He nods morphing. Leo sits Abrielle on his back kissing her before laying Kai across Lay's back. The look at each other one last time.

 

"Keep your promise."

 

"I will."

 

Then their off. Changmin tries to follow, but Baekhyun puts up a wall of light. The demons cringe which makes opportunity for us. I take out Sung-yeol will Leo deals with Dongwoo. Suho is fighting Yunho.  Key is bust trying to kill Tao, and Onew is fighting Kris. As I survey everyone one person is missing. Minho.

 

"LEO GO AFTER LAY NOW MINHO IS FOLLOWING THEM!!!"

 

He turns on his heel, and sprints out the house. Please be safe Abrielle.

 

 

Abrielle 

 

I lean over Kai's body, and grip Lay's fur tightly praying I don't  fall off. The wind whips at my faces, as we sprint through the dusk towards our destination. In the corner of my eye I see a shadow. Then it disappears next thing I know I'm flung off Lay's back onto the hard dirt. I look up to see Minho stand with his foot on Lay's neck. At this point he's morph back to his human for bruises already beginning to form on his pale skin. He looks to me wave me to run.

 

"RUN NOW ABRIELLE!!!"

 

I get up, and listen trying to run in the direction that Lay was heading. I scared, no terrified, and most definitely lost. I hear a horrible screech as a sickening crack reverberates in the air. I stop turning back towards the direction I just came. My feet begin to carry me back slowly, until I arrive at the large clearing we were at. Kai, and Lay both are on the ground unmoving. I can't hear their breathing either. 

 

"Lay oppa?…"

 

"Kai…."

 

Neither of them respond. I walk closer to them falling to my knees. 

 

"Lay….Kai….why….."

 

I can feel hot tears running down my face. I bury my face into Kai's chest while sobbing loudly. Why them? Why my friends? I'm so sick of people dying for me. Why can't I do anything to save them? 

 

"Please someone, something help me…..I don't want them too die….."

 

"Belle what are you…." 

 

I look up, and there are bright lights, and colors swirling around me. I can see Leo standing off to the side staring in amazement. A figure begins to form, it's a women. She lifts me chin up gently, while brushing my tears away.

 

"My poor child you are blessed, and cursed. Great power lies within you, but you are unable to use it yet. Stay strong my child. You Chile of both light, and darkness will change the world."

 

Then she begins to fade away. Until all of what she was is gone. I hear a sharp intakes of breath. My eyes, and Leo's turn back to the two people on the ground. They begin coughing hard, and their eyes fly open. 

 

LAY OPPA, KAI OPPA!!!!!!!"

 

I hug them both tightly as, slow clapping, and chuckles ring through the air. 

 

"Well well well that was quite a show puppet. It appears your lineage does you good." 

 

Leo crouches in front of me arm out in a very protective manner. 

 

"Oh Leo now you should know by now that you can't keep me from her."

 

He growls at Minho making sure I'm behind him. Lay, and Kai have now gotten up as well their injuries appearing healed. The form a small circle around me. I peak out from around Leo, and regret it. Minho's eyes feel like their pulling me to him. 

 

"Come here puppet. I won't hurt you."

 

I reach my hand out for him, but Leo keeps me restrained.

 

"Let her go Minho." He says dangerously. 

 

"Think you should listen Minho because you're quite outnumbered." The rest of the boys now including Yongguk, and his groupmates.

 

"What have you done?" Minho growls.

 

"We simply took care of them. We didn't kill them if that's what you asking, but they may not wake up for a few days. So now you should take your leave."

 

He looks all around appearing very anger. He turns back to me his eyes burrowing into mine. My throat tightens. I start clawing at it for air. Leo turns around panicking. Then he's thrown aside.

 

"ABRIELLE!!!!!!"

 

I'm roughly grabbed, and then there's is a sharp pain. I can't move, and everything is extremely unfocused. The world around is moving in a circle. 

 

"Leo…" I call out, but at this point I'm not sure if he even heard me. 

 

Slowly everything starts to darken until I'm in pitch blackness. Then that familiar light from earlier begins to shine. The women is back. She smiles at me softly.

 

"You poor child. My heart aches that you must suffer like I did years ago, but know this. Unlike me you can change your fate from mine. You already have in some ways. Keeping fighting my child, and surely you will win."

 

"abrielle….abrielle wake up……Abrielle come on you need to wake up…..ABRIELLE!!!!"

 

My eyes fly open, and I sit up immediately causing my lips to crash into Leo's. I pull away slightly embarrassed, but he pulls me back kissing me a little roughly. When we finally break apart he cradles my head in his hands.

 

"Don't you ever scare me like that again." He whispers.

 

"What happened. Everything was a blur after you all came. Then I met that women who was glowing, and surrounded by lights. She said our fate's were the same, but that I could change mine."

 

"Abrielle this women did she long wave hair, green eyes, and did she look Italian?"

 

"Yes. How did you?"

 

"It makes sense she's one of your mother's ancestors."

 

"Who?"

 

"Her name was Isabella. She lived long ago, and like you she was a Dhampir. She died though, we'll was murdered actually. She was a women of your mother's family. She may be acting as a sort of guardian since she knows the dangers you face."

 

"But how long ago was she alive."

 

"2,000 years ago."

 

"Then how could she have possibly know that Abrielle would be born."

 

"In the city she lived was a witch. Most likely the witch told her of Abrielle so she ask the witch to seal her soul away, and somehow plant it into Abrielle when she was born."

 

"But who could have…."

 

"That would be me."

 

We all turn to the window, and see a familiar face."

 

"You have to be ting me right now." Ravi says in shock.

 

"This is no joke. I'm the witch from all those years ago, and now that she has begun to awaken her powers she has to be trained."

 

"Guys who is she?"

 

"My stage name is IU, but please call me Ji Eun noona, and for you Abrielle Unni your auntie used to call me that when we were friends." 

 

"My auntie?"

 

"Bella would have been one of your aunts if she was still alive. How she wanted to meet you, but that man had other plans."

 

"What happened to my aunt?"

 

"One of Minho's ancestors actually killed her for the power of her blood."

 

"So it was fate that Minho was come after her?"

 

"Yes. And it was fate that she is Leo mate as well. Seeing as Bella fell in love with one of your ancestors Leo."

 

"But if all this is true then won't Abrielle follow the same fate?" Suho ask.

 

"No she has a chance. Isabella had no no, but her lover. It was also a more dangerous time. But Abrielle has all of you as well as Bella. She ask me all those years ago to plant her soul into Abrielle. When she was born I visited her father. He for some reason already knew who I was, and why I was there. I place Bella's soul in Abrielle so that Bella may help guide Abrielle from her fate."

 

"So you're like a guardian?"

 

"Yes I will help protect Abrielle as well, but in the end Abrielle has to change her own fate. No one can do it for her."

 

She turns to me with very serious eyes.

 

"Your going to have to fight. Fight for all of this, all of them. It won't be easy, but you unlike your aunt aren't alone. Do you think you can fight for what you love?"

 

I look around the room at all the faces, all my friends, all my family then I turn back to Ji Eun.

 

"I'm ready. If I have to fight I will. Papa gave up his life for me, so did Mama, and many others are risking their lives for me. I'm not just gonna sit back, and wait to die."

 

"You really are like Bella in so many ways." Ji Eun smiles.

 

"We'll keep fighting as well Abrielle. We can't let out sister-in-law fight alone." Ravi smiles.

 

"We will as." Suho nods.

 

"And us." Yongguk adds.

 

"I will always fight for you. You are my reason to live." Leo says softly before placing a gentle peck on my lips.

 

"Good then tomorrow all of you we will be training. You all need to get stronger, because now that Minho realizes she's like Bella he'll use all his resources to get her. See you all tomorrow."

 

She turns to leave, but stops turns back around towards me.

 

"I almost forgot. I was told to give you this."

 

It's your aunties necklace. She wore this all her life. She gave it to me shortly before she died. This is a very special enchanted crystal. It should bring you luck, and help protect you."

 

"Thank you Ji Eun noona!!!"

 

"You're welcome dear. Not get some rest we have much to work on."

 

 

She leaves out the window. All eyes turn to my new pendant. I can feel some sort of power pulsing through it. It feels warm, and safe. I grip the crystal tightly in my hand looking to the sky. 

 

"Thank you auntie Bella." I think as I stare at the stars.

 

 

NPV

 

Minho hisses throwing another piece of furniture. Key watches from afar shaking his head.

 

"Calm down Minho we will have her soon enough."

 

"But she's like that women. I need to have her before she's 20, or this won't work. She can't make it to her 20th birthday."

 

"Minho I know all of this, so don't worry. You will have her." Key smiles then leaves.

 

"Yes don't worry we'll get her, but I will be the one to take her blood. Your family will not take this chance away from mine a second time."