Promises

Eternity

Chapter 5

Promises

NPV

Leo sits next to Abrielle's bed watching her whimper, and cry. He feels so powerless seeing as no one can seemingly get her to wake up. Leo knows she's trapped in some nightmare, but he can't stop it or make it better. Even with this he refuses to move from his spot. 

 

"Leo you need to eat something just come downstairs, and I'll  watch her while your gone."

 

He shakes his head no again for the umpteenth time. N groans in frustration.

 

"Leo she's not gonna wake up any faster if you sit here. "

 

"I won't no…I can't leave."

 

"Why? I mean she's John's daughter yes, but there must be something more for you to be so attached like this."

 

"Just know she's special, and that's all I'll tell you for now."

 

"Special how Leo?"

 

"HakYeon! Please just drop it." Leo barks, and N backs down.

 

You can always tell things are serious when Leo uses your real name.

 

N decides to walk off frustrated while Leo sits watching Abrielle closely. She has stopped twisting, and turning finally. He places a hand on hers, and gives it a squeeze. To his surprise she squeezes back. He can see she appears to be waking up. Her eyes flutter open, and she looks around confused until her eyes land on Leo. She immediately hugs him tightly to his shock.

 

"Leo oppa I was so scared."

 

"It's okay Abrielle Minho can't hurt you here."

 

"He was there with me alone what if he did something?"

 

"I'll kill him if he ever tries anything again."

 

"And then the nightmares. He was touching me, and I didn't like it, but the more I told him to stop the further he went. Please don't let him get me please." She pleads with tears in her eyes.

 

Leo pulls her head into his chest, and holds her tightly. 

 

"I would never let that monster touch. He'll have to kill me, and the rest of us if he wants that."

 

"Promise?" Abrielle asks as she holds out her pinky.

 

Leo takes it with his own pinky.

 

"Promise. Cross my heart and hope to die."

 

She smiles back at him, and he can feel his heart melting. She yawns loudly causing him to chuckle. 

 

"All that sleep, and you're still tired?"

 

"It's not like it was a peaceful sleep." She pouts.

 

"Okay go back to sleep. I'll be right here if you need me."

 

She nods, but pulls Leo onto the bed with her before suggling into his chest. Leo is shocked to say the least, but he doesn't move from the spot. Instead he places an arm around her hugging her to his body. They both nod off exhausted from the long day. 

 

The window blows open gently. Two feet land on the carpet in perfect silence. He walks around the room examining it's contents. He stops at a picture. A young girl, and her father stand together smiling. He smirks at the picture before placing it back down. He then walks towards the bed, but has to contain a growl. He looks at how peaceful, and how happy the two look together sleeping, and wishes nothing more than to rip them apart. He can't wait until she is in his hand, because she will never know this happiness again. He smirks down at her thinking about tomorrow's plan. How one of VIXX's own is going to bring her to him. He takes one last glance at her before leaving through the window. The two are still asleep unaware of the uninvited guest. Leo shifts slightly then his eyes open. He surveys the room silently before returning to what he was doing. No one was there. It was just his imagination right?"

 

N walks into Abrielle's room, and has to do a double take. He sees Abrielle, and Leo curled up together on the bed. He almost coos loudly, but stops himself.

He instead smirks to himself now realizing what Leo meant by her being special. Abrielle shifts cuddling closer to Leo. N walks over to the side Leo is one, and taps him. Leo shoos his hand away. N taps him again, and this time Leo opens his eyes. His eyes go wide, as N stares down at him while tapping his foot impatiently.

 

"Now care to explain Leo?"

 

Leo slowly unwraps his arms from around Abrielle then drags N out of the room.

 

"Look N it's…."

 

"Leo just admit it. Your in love with her. She's your mate. From the day she step in the door you were overly kind to her compared to any stranger you've met before. Your constantly worried about her wellbeing, and yesterday you knew something was wrong with her before Hyuk even called. She is your mate."

 

"Fine she is, but it will never work out."

 

"Why not she feels it to. Though she may not understand her feelings they're there."

 

"You don't know that. 

 

"Why don't you ask her, and see?"

 

"Don't want her to feel obligated to be with me. I want her to make her own choice based off how she really feels, and not how she should feel."

 

N rolls his eyes, but nods in agreement. He renters Abrielle's room to wake her for school. Leo walks off towards his room wondering if N's words are true.

 

"Abrielle wake up. You have to get ready for school."

 

She rolls over, and looks at N smiling.

 

"Good morning N oppa!"

 

She looks around looking for someone, and N knows that someone is Leo.

 

"Leo's downstairs working on breakfast, but you have to hurry, and get dressed. I transfered you to another class so I have to drop you off at it today."

 

"Why'd you transfer me?"

 

"So we can have more eyes on you. We were all really scared yesterday."

 

"Okay. But N oppa."

 

"Yes Abrielle?"

 

"Don't blame Hyuk oppa to much. It was my fault as well."

 

"Okay Abrielle."

 

1 hour later….

Abrielle 

N oppa is walking me to my new homeroom. He says that there will be three people in this class that will help me out. He has yet to tell me their names, but I'm assuming they're all guys.

 

"Okay Abrielle ready to meet them." N says turning to me.

 

I nod slowly, and glance at the door we stand in front of. He opens the door, and invites me inside. When I step in I notice it's louder than Hyuk's room. Nobody seems as interested seeing as no one looks up when we step in. 

 

"Tao, Kai, Sehun come here."

 

I follow N's line of sight to see three extremely handsome boys walk towards us. The one looks at me, and winks. I can feel my cheeks heat up, and I let my eyes fall to the ground.

 

"Ow!!! N hyung what was that for!!!!"

 

"Don't flirt with Abrielle unless you want to die Kai."

 

He grins while rubbing the back of his head. 

 

"Anyway Abrielle this is Kai, Tao, and Sehun. They're close friends of ours."

 

"Hi nice to meet you." Kai says holding out his hand.

 

I take it, and he flips it around kissing the back of my hand. The one named Sehun smacks him in his neck. He glares, but doesn't retaliate.  

 

"So you three you job is to keep her safe. As long as Minho is around her life is in danger so keep an eye on her. And Kai pull something like that again, and I have a silver bullet with your name on it."

 

"Okay okay jeez you guys need to chill." 

 

"Have a nice day Abrielle."

 

"Thanks N oppa. Tell Leo oppa I said see him later!"

 

He nods at me before turning, and leaving. I turn towards the three boys with a question.

 

"N oppa said something about silver bullets does that me your all werewolves."

 

"Your smart. Yes we're werewolves. We're the youngest in out pack." Sehun says surprised.

 

"How many are in your pack?"

 

"12 altogether. The rest of our members are in different years at the college on campus."

 

"That's so cool I've never met werewolves before."

 

"Really?" Tao speaks up finally.

 

"Yeah Papa says that the humans used to hunt them to much in Italy so there aren't many left there. It's actually kinda rare to meet a werewolf."

 

"Where is you father anyway? Why are you staying with VIXX?" Kai ask curiously.

 

"He's dead now."

 

"Oh I'm really sorry." He mumbles.

 

"It's fine."

 

"Class take your seat!"

 

"You can sit by Tao Abrielle."

 

I nod, and follow Tao to his table.

 

The classes go by fast Jaejoong seonsang-nim is still my English teacher, but all my other teachers are different. Kai, and Sehun come to Tao, and I table over the break.

 

"Abrielle would you like to meet the rest of out pack?"

 

"Really that sounds fun!!"

 

"Grab Kai's hand." Sehun says.

 

I do then Sehun, and Tao link hands. Suddenly were in a huge lawn area, and 9 others are sitting underneath a tree. 

 

"Kai what took you guys!!" I hear someone yell.

 

We walk over, well everyone, but Kai. As soon as we dropped his hand he was over with the group. So Tao, Sehun, and I walk over in silence. When we arrive I feel all eyes on me.

 

"Um hi I'm Abrielle nice to meet you all." 

 

"You’re the girl N mentioned right? I'm Suho the packs Alpha. Nice meet you." 

 

We shake hands, he smiles warmly at me calming my nerves.

 

"I'm Kris the packs other Alpha." 

 

He stands a head taller than Suho, and could be even hotter than Kai.

 

"Nice to meet you two."

 

My eyes land on another boy at least I think he's a boy.

 

"I am a boy my name is Luhan."

 

I turn away embarrassed.

 

"Your really pretty." 

 

I jump as I see a face in front of mine.

 

"Chen quit being a you scared her."

 

"Xiumin language."

 

"I'm sure she's heard worse with N."

 

"That's not the point Baek."

 

"She's a lady she shouldn't have to listen to you guys be idiots."

 

"D.O's right guys try to act a little more mature."

 

"Chanyeol like you can really talk." Kai snorts

 

"What are we talking about?"

 

All eyes turn to a sleepy looking boy. He looks around lost, and confused.

 

"Lay I have one question for you?" 

 

"Yes."

 

"How the hell did you even get out of elementary school with your attention spam, and tendency to fall asleep."

 

He shrugs usure, and everyone bust out laughing.

 

I turn to Tao.

 

"Is it always like this?"

 

"Pretty much. We're a little crazy, but I can't imagine having it any other way." 

 

"You guys really seem like a family."

 

"All we have is each other. We're brothers till the end. That's why our group motto is we are one." Suho replies.

 

"You guys are a group as well?"

 

"Yes we're EXO." Chen says while doing a stupid pose.

 

I can't help, but laugh. Soon the other join in as Chen continues his antics. He doesn't stop until we're all rolling on the ground tears in our eyes, and out of breath.

 

"Omg….Chen….hyung that….was…to much." Kai says in between deep breaths.

 

"Honestly now I won't be able to focus in class today." Lay replies.

 

Even more laughter spills out considering Lay rarely focuses in class anyway. At least from the stories the boys have told me.

 

"Okay guys we really have to go now history is getting ready to start." Sehun says.

 

They all wave to us as we latch onto Kai.

 

"See you Abrielle!" They say in unison.

 

"See you guys!!!"

 

Then we're back at our class. We all take our seats and class begins. The door opens revealing Hyuk. 

 

"Excuse seonsang-nim but I need Abrielle it's  urgent."

 

He hands the teacher a note, and he nods towards me. I get up confused wondering what could be wrong. I take one last look at Tao, Kai, and Sehun before following Hyuk out of the room. 

 

"Hyuk oppa what's…."

 

I start to feel dizzy. I fall into Hyuk, and he wraps his arms around me. 

 

"Good job my little puppet. Now pick her up, and bring her quickly. Minho wishes to see his prize."

 

"Noo…."

NPV

Kai, Sehun, and Tao all look at each other.

 

"Something's off about this situation." Kai says in their heads.

 

"I agree we need to follow them." Tao says.

 

"Kai you go  Tao, and I will go get the others."

 

They nod to each other then stand, and leave before the teacher can stop them.

 

Kai follows Abrielle's scent through various corridors until he comes to the old dorms. Something definitely doesn't feel right. He opens the door silently, and slips inside.

 

"Ah ah ah no dogs allowed."

 

Kai narrowly miss a swift kick to the face. He stares Key down a growl building up in his chest.

 

"Where is Abrielle Key?"

 

"In good hands of course Minho will take very good care of her."

 

Kai lunges for him, but his thrown into a wall. He whines as he feels something crack. 

 

"To bad you came alone. They should have known you didn't stand a chance."

 

"And you should know that wolves always hunt in packs. Key."

 

He turns smirking to the voices. 

 

"12 against one now isn't that a little unfair."

 

We know it can't be just you so where are Onew, and Jonghyun?"

 

We never miss a fight." Jonghyun says stepping out of the shadows.

 

"To bad there's only three of you." Luhan replies.

 

"To bad we never fight fair." Onew says as various figures step out of the shadows.

 

"Guys we have to get Abrielle back so let's kick some ."

 

Suho lunges for Key's throat.

 

Meanwhile…..

Abrielle 

My eyes flutter open. I try to move but m wrist are tied together above my head leaving me dangling in the air.

 

"So my lovely toy has finally awakened."

 

My blood runs cold as I feel warm breath run down the back of my neck. He walks around to face me, and I scream. He smiles before covering my mouth. Tears run down my face as he holds a finger to his lips telling me to be silent. I listen scared of the consequences. 

 

"Good girl now all I'm  going to do is have a little fun. Just like in you dreams last night."

 

My eyes grow wide as I think back to the nightmares. I start twisting away from him, but he only laughs and brings me closer.

 

"What's wrong you didn't like the dreams I gave you?" He says while running a finger up to my thigh.

 

I turn my face away and close my eyes.

 

"No my dear you have to keep your eyes open. I want you to see me take you. Just like I want little Hyukie to watch."

 

Hyuk walks into view, but I can now see it's not Hyuk. His eyes are glazed over, and empty. I was such a fool for not realizing that before.

 

"Hyuk!!! Please help me!!!" I scream, but he doesn't move a inch.

 

"The real Hyuk can't  hear you." Minho snickers.

 

"Hyuk please help. Please. Don't let him control you!!!"

 

"He can't hear you." He says then kisses my thigh.

 

"Hyuk I need you please. Please….." I cry.

 

He doesn't budge. Minho begins kissing my neck hims hand moving closer to my skirt.

 

"Look at what you've done Hyuk you've let Abrielle slip into my hands again." He mumbles against my throat.

 

"Hyuk!!! I don’t blame you!!! It wasn't your fault I got taken. I shouldn't have just wondered off. I should have stayed put. Hyuk it was never your fault. This is not your fault. Hyuk please listen to me I need your help please don't let him hurt me. You guys promised."

 

He doesn't move. Minho smirks before places his lips on mine.

 

NPV

"Hyuk!!! I don’t blame you!!! It wasn't your fault I got taken. I shouldn't have just wondered off. I should have stayed put. Hyuk it was never your fault. This is not your fault. Hyuk please listen to me I need your help please don't let him hurt me. You guys promised." Hyuk hears Abrielle say.

 

"It's not my fault? You guys promised?" Hyuk thinks.

 

(Flashback)

 

"Oppa's promise me you guys won't die. Promise me you won't leave. Please promised me."

 

 

We all promise Abrielle, and she finally seems at peace.

 

(End Flashback)

 

"I promised….I promised….I promised!!!!"

 

He finally snaps out of his trance. He sees Minho, and immediately lunges at him. Minho turns around, and grabs him out of the air by his throat. He claws at the hand around his throat, and Abrielle screams.

 

"So you broke out of the hypnosis. No matter I'll just kill you then!"

 

"No!!! Leave him alone!!! It's me you want!!! Please don't kill him…please…."

 

"And what will you give me if I don't."

 

"Anything I'll do anything just don't kill him."

 

"No Abrielle…."

 

"Hush boy I believe the lady has decided to save you. But you still can cause trouble so how bout we do this."

 

Minho waves his hand lazily, and two men grab Hyuk, and pun him to the ground. He turns back to Abrielle. She looks at Hyuk a sad smile on her face. She mouths I'm sorry before Minho slams his lips into hers. His hand slips under her skirt, and she closes her eyes.

 

"Minho I  swear to God if you don't get your ing erted hands of her i will ing destroy you." Leo growls.

 

Minho pulls away with a sigh.

 

"And how do you expect to do…."

 

"I have no ing patients right now Minho play with me again and it's your life." Leo says while hold a knife to his throat.

 

"Okay okay." Minho backs away from Abrielle, but in a quick flash Leo is on the ground bleeding, and Minho has the bloody knife at Abrielle's neck. 

 

"LEO!!!!"

 

"Nobody move unless they want this girl to die here, and now."

 

Nobody so much as blinks as they watch Minho carefully. 

 

"Good now she's coming with me."

 

He cuts the rope so that she is no longer hanging. She falls to the ground painfully. 

 

"Up now." He says while kicking her.

 

She does as she's told.

 

"Now say goodbye. Because this is the last time you will see any of them again."

 

"Hey Minho!!!"

 

"What!" He growls as Suho enters.

 

"I think this is your last time seeing her."

 

He turns, but not fast enough as a punch connects with his face. He falls to the ground in a heap, and doesn't move.

 

"Are you okay Abrielle? Sorry we're late."

 

She smiles at Kai, but them her eyes fall back to Leo. As soon as the ropes drop she runs to him. 

 

"Leo oppa why did you do that?"

 

"As long as your safe it was worth it."

 

"No what if you die? You promised."

 

"He won't die Abrielle as long as your here next to him alive he'll be fine. It's one of the perks of the blood ties. As long as your next to him he'll be fine."

 

"I don't care don't ever do anything stupid like that again. And Hyuk that goes for you to. Minho could have killed you. He could have killed both of you because of me."

 

"Abrielle we promised to protect, we promised not to die, we promised not to leave you alone. Now I can't speak for the others, but I'm keeping those promises no matter what. Nothing can stop me from keeping those promises not even God himself."

I'm really sorry for not posting as much I feel really bad for it. I've just been really busy with Senior year. Whoever said this is the most chill year is such a liar. But anyway will try to post at least one other chapter by the end of this week. Thanks for reading as always!!!!!