Warmth

Eternity

Chapter 6

 

"Leo oppa lie down."

 

"Abrielle I'm fine."

 

"No lie down."

 

N, and EXO watch in amusement as 25 year old Leo is bossed around by an 18 year old girl. They can't help, but laugh as Abrielle cutely plays as Leo's nurse. Leo being stubborn may argue, but he can't help but listen to Abrielle. She carefully rolls his shirt up at which Leo still winces slightly. Though not bleeding as profusely before you can see the spot is still tender. Abrielle puts his shirt back down seeming satisfied with the healing so far. 

 

"Promise me you won't do that ever again."

 

"Abrielle.."

 

"Promise!"

 

"I promise."

 

"Good now you stay here, and rest."

 

He smiles, and rolls his eyes playfully. Something all the boys have never seen before. 

 

She turns her attention to the group now.

 

"I guess I can't go to school anymore huh?"

 

"Well at least not for now."

 

"I understand." She says with a smile, but her eyes hold disappointment.

 

"It's just until your 20. Then you could maybe go to a University, and they're way more fun than highschool anyway." Ravi says smiling.

 

She nods before exiting the room. They can hear her close the door softly. Then there's silence. 

 

"I feel terrible, but I honestly don't know what else to do. I refuse to send her to another school where she has no one, but I can't let her stay in the way of danger." N sighs frustrated.

 

"N your doing the right thing don't be so hard on yourself." Suho replies.

 

"It's just so unfair. Abrielle has been through so much, why can't she just be allowed to enjoy her life?" Hyuk huffs.

 

"3 more months, and she'll be free. Just hold on guys." Kai says trying to cheer everyone up.

 

"Wait I have an idea!" Chen almost screams.

 

"What about instead of school she goes to the studio with you guys. That way you all have an eye on her, you know it's safe there, and she won't be stuck in the house all day."

 

"Chen that may have been the smartest thing you've said all day."

 

"Thank you…hey!!"

 

A stifled giggle comes from outside the door. The boys all look towards it.

 

"So what do you say Abrielle? Do you want to see the life of an idol?"

 

She pushes the door open slightly embarrassed she got caught easedroping.

 

"It sounds sorta cool."

 

"Good then it's all settle Leo can show you around the company, and then show you how we make our music."

 

Her faces lights up a little, and the boys are relieved to know that she feels a little better. She runs to her room her steps are much lighter than before.

 

"Wow she must really like that idea, or the person she's going to be with tomorrow."

 

Everyone turns to Leo, but his classic poker face doesn’t budge. He does catch my eye though, and I shake my head. He's  so stupid sometimes if he would just tell Abrielle already, but no he has to be a stubborn idiot. 

 

"Well thanks for today guys, and Kai thanks for going right after her. If it weren't for you we may not have found her in time."

 

"No prob. Maybe one day she'll be able to come to school in peace."

 

"Yeah we hope that too. Se ya guys!"

 

They all leave Via the side entrance. I watch them until their out of view then turn to the rest of the room. Leo is the only one who hasn't left yet. He stays laying on the couch staring at the ceiling. 

 

"So are you sure your up to work tomorrow?"

 

He nods continuing to stare at the ceiling.

 

"What has you thinking so hard?"

 

"When we first walked in, and his hands were all over her. I was just so mad, that I acted without thinking. What if she had gotten hurt? What if Kai hadn't been there? We could have lost her, I could have lost her."

 

"But Kai was there you can't dwell on the what if's. She here, and with us now. That's all that matters."

 

"I'm honestly afraid N what if I lose her. What am I going to do."

 

"That's why it's better to tell people you love them in the present. Because when their gone it's to late."

 

 

 

Abrielle 

 

The Next Day…..

 

I woke up feeling really warm. When my eyes opened I noticed arms were wrapped around me. Looking up I see it's Leo oppa. He's still asleep. I stare at his face. His sharp jawline. The way his dark hair offsets his pale skin, and his lips. Their rosy, and I reach a hand up to touch them. My heart picks up as my hand gets closer. I don't know why, but I feel the need to touch them. When my fingers finally connect I feel something. Almost like when you get shocked, but this doesn’t hurt. Instead I feel even warmer. I pull my hand away, and feel my face. What is this feeling? Leo oppa begins to stir. When his eyes open they met mine for a brief moment. He smiles at me before getting out of bed. I feel even hotter. He leaves the room, and I sit up. Maybe N oppa will know I think as I head to his room. I knock lightly. The door opens, and N looks down smiling.

 

"What's up Abrielle?"

 

"N oppa what does it mean when someone makes you feel really warm?"

 

"What do you mean Abrielle?"

 

"Well whenever it's just me, and Leo oppa, I always get this really warm feeling in my body. Like this morning u was wrapped in his arms, and then I touched his lips for some reason, and I felt this really  warm feeling."

 

He chuckles before looking back at me. He crouches down so that I have to look down at him.

 

"Abrielle have you ever felt this before for anyone?"

 

"No just Leo oppa. It's not bad is it?"

 

"Noo it's not bad. In fact a lot people search for this feeling, but don't find it."

 

"What is this feeling?"

 

"Abrielle I think your in love with Leo."

 

"In love, but Papa always said I'd know…."

 

"You do know, but you just didn’t put a word to it. That  warm feeling you get. It only happens with Leo right?"

 

"Yes."

 

"And you feel it the most when you two are alone, and close. Like when you sleep together?"

 

"Yes."

 

"That's love dear. Your in love with Leo."

 

"If that's true then do you think he's in love with me."

 

"I can't tell you that, but why not ask him today while you guys are alone."

 

"Okay N oppa."

 

I hug, and start to walk away, but then turn back.

 

"N oppa?"

 

"Yes Abrielle."

 

"What if he doesn't say he loves me?"

 

"Well then he's lying, or just really stupid. Any guy would be lucky to have you."

 

"Thanks N oppa."

 

He nods before going back into his room. I have to know if what N oppa said is true. I have to know if I love Leo oppa.

 

We arrive at the studio a couple hours later. N has to go talk with the CEO so it's just Leo, and I. I grab his hand a bit nervous about being in this new place. He squeezes it, and I instantly feel that warmth again. I look at Leo oppa's face for any signs of him feeling it to, but there's nothing. I let my hand fall from his, and walk silently by his side. We finally arrive at a room. He pushes the door open allowing me to enter first. I sigh as I sit, but he doesn't seem to notice. He sits in front of a keyboard with a microphone in front of it. He turns it on, and turns to me.

 

"Do you want to try?"

 

"Is it okay?"

 

"Your with me so you can do whatever you want."

 

He slides over allowing me to sit in the chair. I place my hands on the keys, and close my eyes. And let the first song that comes to mind flow out. 

 

 

When I was younger I saw my daddy cry

And curse at the wind.

He broke his own heart and I watched

As he tried to reassemble it.

 

And my momma swore

That she would never let herself forget.

And that was the day that I promised

I'd never sing of love if it does not exist.

 

But darling,

You are the only exception.

You are the only exception.

You are the only exception.

You are the only exception.

 

Maybe I know somewhere deep in my soul

That love never lasts.

And we've got to find other ways to make it alone.

Or keep a straight face.

 

And I've always lived like this

Keeping a comfortable distance.

And up until now I have sworn to myself

That I'm content with loneliness.

 

Because none of it was ever worth the risk.

 

Well you are the only exception.

You are the only exception.

You are the only exception.

You are the only exception.

 

I've got a tight grip on reality,

But I can't let go of what's in front of me here.

I know you're leaving in the morning when you wake up.

Leave me with some kind of proof it's not a dream.

Oh-oh-oh-ohhh.

 

You are the only exception. 

You are the only exception. 

You are the only exception. 

You are the only exception. 

 

You are the only exception. 

You are the only exception. 

You are the only exception. 

You are the only exception. 

 

And I'm on my way to believing.

Oh, and I'm on my way to believing.

 

When I open my eyes Leo's face is extremely close to mine. I can feel his breath against my lips. He leans in more until his lips are pressed against mine. That warm feeling seems to increase more than it ever has as we stay like this. He pulls away slowly his eyes never leaving mine.

 

"Abrielle I….." He breaths, but I lean in this this time reconnecting our lips. His hands cip my face as we remain like this for sometime. Leo finally breaks the kiss breathing deeply. Our eyes connect again his lips start moving.

 

"Abrielle I love you."

 

He stares at me as if trying to see I find feel the same.

 

"I love you too." I say softly.

 

He leans in again kissing me even more gently if that's possible. The kiss is sweeter than anything I've ever experienced before. A cough sounds through the room. We both turn to see N leaning against the door frame while smiling softly at us. 

 

"So you two are official now I guess?"

 

We both turn back to each other, and begin laughing.

 

"I guess we are now huh?" Leo says taking my hand, and kissing it.

 

"Yeah I think we are too." I mumble.

 

N walks out of the room leaving us. Leo wraps me in his arms, and I feel the happiest I've been in a long time now.