Dirty Little Secret

Eternity

Chapter 3        

  Dirty Little Secrets

 

"So Abrielle there's no real way to put this nicely. But we're......um not human." I almost whisper.

"Then what are you guys?" Abrielle ask quizzically.

"Ahh well we're vampires."

She nods then sighs loudly.

"Um guys I have something to tell you too. I'm not human, at least I'm half not. Actually the funny thing is I'm a vampire just like you." She chuckles.

"WHAT!!!!!!!!" We all seem to scream.

"Well Papa said it would be danger for me if anyone found out so he kept me hidden, but since you guys told me your secret I thought I should tell you mine."

"But that means you're John's blood child, and not adopted."

"Yeah so what?"

"John what have you done?"

"Hey guys what's wrong?"

"There's a reason why we don't have children with humans. It's a law actually that we can't."

"Why?"

"Because most never make past infancy. Their blood drives us crazy makes them targets, and their blood holds powers. Powers that strengthen the drinker."

"So does that mean you’re going to try kill me too? Papa said I shouldn't tell anyone, but I thought I could trust you guys."

Leo walks up to Abrielle and pulls her into his arms.

"No I won't let anyone hurt you." Leo states firmly.

"Leo's right we would never let any harm come to you. It was just a bit of a shock to hear John broke a law."

 

"But if you’re a half breed why aren't we trying to kill you right now?"

"There's a medicine that I take it’s the same idea has human hormonal control, but it's for my scent."

"So why could we smell you the first day you came?"

"Well I'm running low so I've been picking and choosing when to use it. That day I decided not to."

"Isn't that dangerous?"

"Well unless I can find Daehyun that's how it will have to be. I only have a few days left of it, and I don't know what else to do."

"Daehyun? You guys don't think she means?" Ravi whispers.

"Well it would only make sense he is a genius."

"What are you guys talking about?"

"We think we may know who you’re looking for?"

"Really because if you do then you should call him."

"Okay we will now."

I dial but have Leo talk to Yongguk as I go towards the garden. Something doesn't feel right. I feel like we're being watched, but I can't find a thing out of place. Maybe I'm just going crazy, or maybe Abrielle isn't really safe here either.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

1 hour later…..

 

A knock at the door signals that they’re here. I hear footsteps, all except for Abrielle's. I go to open the door, and all of B.A.P crowds in the entrance.

"Yongguk how come every time we need one of you all of you come?"

"Because we feel like it."

"Daehyun!!!!!"

Abrielle runs into the room arms outstretched. Daehyun runs to her as well seeming relieved.

"Oh my God Abrielle it's really you. Thank God I thought you had been killed with you father."

"No Papa protected me, but I was alone for a while until I came here."

"Well how are you? Is the medicine still working? It isn't wearing off right?"

"No the medicine works fine. I'm almost out though."

"Well here's enough for the rest of the month I'll bring more by in a few days just make sure your taking it every day. You never know who might be working for the council. "

"What about him he works for the council."

We all turn to see she's pointing at Yongguk.

"Abrielle how do you know that?"

"That necklace Papa had one. He used to tell me story of working on the council. That's all I have left of him now."

"This is John's child?" Yongguk ask shocked.

We nod to him. He seems to finally understand something as he looks at Abrielle."

"Your father left leaving me to take over his position. I was honestly frustrated, and mad at him for dumping everything on me like that, but now that I see why I'm glad he did." He smiles at her.

 

Abrielle seems happy to hear those words, and smiles slightly at Yongguk before retreating behind Ravi like a small child. I thank Daehyun for coming, and we all head to the parlor to hang out. Well everyone, but Abrielle. She runs upstairs book in hand. She must have been reading in the library earlier. I smile glad that she's settling into her new home so well. I turn back to our guest, but as soon as I do I heat a scream come from upstairs. Leo is the fastest, and he's out of the room before I can take a step. The others follow in suit, and soon were all crowded into Abrielle's room. She lays in a heap on the ground bleeding profusely.  Daehyun tries to step towards her but a dagger sends him flying back. The assassin smirks at us, but Leo tackles him wiping that smirk off his face. Leo pins him to the ground, and Yongguk assist by holding his blade to his throat.

"Move and I will gut you like a fish."

Daehyun is now crouched next to Abrielle examining the wound.

" this is bad."

"What what's wrong?" Leo says frantically.

He must have stabbed her with Zilar the bleeding isn't going to stop."

"What we have to get it to stop she'll die if we don't."

"There's nothing you can do she will die." The assassin shouts.

With a quick flick of his wrist Yongguk permanently silences him. Then he stands.

"There is a way, but you may not like it." Yongguk mumbles.

"How?"

"She has to do a blood tie with someone in this room if she wants to live."

"But she's not even fully mature yet, why can't force her into that." I say outraged.

"It's a matter of life, and death. If you want her to live it's the only way now who volunteers?"

Everybody remains still seeming unwilling to do it.

"I'll do it."

 

We all turn to Leo as he steps forward.

"Leo are you sure? You know this is irreversible."

"Yes I'm prepared to accept that."

"Okay come here."

Leo walks over, and Yongguk slits his wrist.  He pulls out a cup, and catches his blood in it. Then he goes over to Abrielle, and takes some of hers he hands the cup to Leo who drinks from it. Then Leo takes some blood in his mouth, and feeds it to Abrielle. Leo steps back wiping a trickle of blood off his chin.

"Nothing’s happening why isn't it working?" I say.

"Give it a minute trust me this works."

As if his words were like magic the wound begins to close until it is fully healed. Her breathing becomes more stable, and she seems more at peace now.

"Thank God!!!" Everyone manages to sigh at once.

She begins to stir then her eyes fly wide open. She sits up in a panic, but relaxes when she sees us.

"I thought I was dead. That man just came in, and before I knew it I was on the ground hurt. I screamed because I was in pain, and I didn't know what else to do. But after that I don't remember anything except feeling like I was underwater. Then I woke here with you guys."

She smiles at us completely clueless about how we've bound her for life. It makes my heart hurt a little knowing that she'll never  able to make the tie with someone she loves.

 "I'm sorry." She whispers bowing her head.

"I'm really sorry. If....if....if I wasn't so weak you guys wouldn't have to risk your lives like this to protect me."

"Abrielle we're fine you’re the one who was hurt."

 

"But I keep thinking what if. What if one of you had been up here, and tried to stop me from getting stabbed? What it was one of you bleeding out on the floor instead. You guys are all I have left, and if you die then I have no one. I don't want to be alone again. I hate being alone."

 

Tears are mixing into the blood stains on the carpet. She looks so upset right now, but I don't know what to do. It's Leo who again makes the first move pulling her into his arms like he would do a small child. He gentle smooths her hair while humming a soft melody in her ear. The crying begins to slow down to a sniffle.

"Oppa's promise me you guys won't die. Please promise me."

We all promise Abrielle, and she finally seems at peace.

"Well now that we've gotten through that Abrielle there is something I must tell you." Yongguk announces.

"You, and Leo are now tied together, by our string of fate. A blood tie. I'm sorry we couldn't ask you, but it was a life, or death situation."

"What are blood ties?"

"Usually when two vampires are in love they do a blood tie. This sort of makes them be as one, but it can only be done once so you must be extremely sure that that person is who you want to be with.  The other cases are if someone is dying it can be used to save their life."

"So I'm bound to Leo oppa for life now?"

"Yes basically."

She stares at us amazed. Then she looks over to Leo and smiles.

"Leo oppa's cool so that's okay."

"What about me?" I whine.

"N oppa is too naggy. Like an old lady."

Everyone begins laughing including Abrielle. I'm a little mad, but when I hear her high pitched giggles I can't stay mad at her.