Training Day

Eternity

Chapter 9

 

 

The next day IU sunbae arrived bright, and early. Everyone had ended up just staying at our house. We all slept in the living room. When she arrived she made everyone, but me, and Kyungsoo sit somewhere in the kitchen saying there were some things she needed to go over first.

 

"Well you all know me, and I all know you so no introductions needed. But I do think it's important you know Isabella's story a little better. So listen carefully."

 

"Isabella was like you Abrielle born of a human mother, and a vampire father. Now an important factor left out is that Isabella's mother like your own was a witch. Isabella's real mother was the only survivor of the family, and she married a human after some years. They had childern which is how your mother came to be."

 

"Wait so that means Abrielle can use magic?" Baekhyun ask shocked.

 

"Yes. Also like you she was kept well guarded at all times, but she had slightly more freedom than you. For example she always came to see me. Well as time wore on Isabella magic abilities became stronger, and her vampire abilities were growing as well. It was well know then that Dhampir blood has power so of course she was in great danger. There were two families. The Choi's  who are Minho's ancestors, and the Kim's Key's family. These were two of the strongest pureblood families in the vampire world. Their goal was to gain Isabella's blood."

 

"Yes Kris?"

 

"But if what your saying is true then why would Key help Minho?"

 

"That's a great question. I believe Key is using Minho. He'll allow him to do the hard work of getting Abrielle then take her for himself."

 

"Continuing one day while we were out at the market she spotted a man. Not just any man though it was you great, great great, you get the point uncle Leo. His name was Vincent. They instantly fell for each other, and with Isabella's fathers blessing they began seeing each other. Now this was not good news to the Kim's, or Choi's so they came up with a plan. Late one night an assassin snuck into Vincent's room, and murdered him. Isabella was brokenhearted, and for days did not leave her home." She pauses 

 

"That was until the fateful day she came to see me. She told me that she was going to be killed soon as well, and asked if there would be another like her in the future. Using my powers I saw you were to be born. She asked me to take her soul, and plant it in you when you were born. That way you could have a guide. She then asked me to help you as much as possible, and to help ensure her fate would not be yours. I accepted, and that was the Last time I ever saw her alive. That night Minho's uncle snuck into the her home, and drained her. Her mother found her the next morning. Her father got himself killed when in a rage went to fight the Choi's. So all that was left was her poor mother. She moved away, and started a new life this time with a human man. They had five childern, and that's where your mother's side comes from."

 

"So she, and her lover were murdered?" Abrielle ask while squeezing Leo's hand tightly.

 

"Yes they were, but your story is different. You have so many people who care about you. And you have something she didn't the night she was killed."

 

"What?"

 

"That charm. It was made from very powerful old magic. It is a protection charm, and a very powerful one at that. If she would have been wearing it then things would have been different, but after Vincent died she gave up living."

 

"What about Leo how can he be protected?"

 

"Well you will have to make a charm for him. I will teach you the spells, and how to do it, but your love will give it the most power. Love is a magic all its own, and can do amazing things."

 

"Anyway time to start you witch 103 classes."

 

"Yes Chen."

 

"How is she just skipping 101, and 102?"

 

"Well Minho knows she similar to her ancestor the need to drain her before she is 20 is even more important."

 

"Why?" Leo ask quietly.

 

"Both her vampire powers, and her witch powers will be fully matured. She will be quite a force to reckon with."

 

"So at 20 Abrielle can kick ."

 

"Something like that Chen." IU answers while rolling her eyes.

 

"Anyway are we gonna sit here asking questions, or eat breakfast, and get to work."

 

"The second one." Suho answers giving Chen especially a sharp look. 

 

"What it's not my fault I'm curious." 

 

"Don't even think about doing that dance Chen." Suho hisses.

 

"I can't help that their song goes perfect with that moment."

 

"What song?" Abrielle asks.

 

"SHINee's sherlock." He mumbles.

 

Loud sighs are heard across the room as everyone stares a Chen with a frown.

 

"Chen you are banned from speaking today." Kris sighs.

 

He simply nods before turn away from everyone's stares. Abrielle begins to giggle at his punishment. 

 

"It's okay Chen I know you didn't mean any harm."

 

He smiles softly at her then winks at her. Leo wraps his arms around her possessively.

 

"Chen I know you're a flirt, but maybe you should watch it with Abrielle. Because Leo may skin you alive for it." Ravi smirks.

 

He gulps when he sees Leo which cause the whole room to erupt in laughter. 

 

"Leo oppa be nice. He was only messing around." Abrielle scolds.

 

He nods, but sends Chen one last sharp look before facing the table, and the food. 

 

"Now everyone eat quickly!!!" IU sunbae announces.

 

30 mins later….

 

"Okay now time for the first lesson!! Abrielle will be with me while you guys will be fighting my shadow doubles. Don't underestimate them. They are every bit as powerful as I am, and they like to play a lot dirtier. So stay on your toes. This training is to get you speed up. You have to be able to react quicker to situations, but also efficiently."

 

"So all we have to do is beat them?" Kai ask.

 

"Yes."

 

"Piece of cake."

 

He teleport behind one, and pulls his arm back to throw a punch, but is stopped by another clone.

 

"Did I mention that the clones can make clones?" She snickers.

 

"No it think you conveniently left that out." Kai hisses in pain as his arm is twisted further.

 

"So what am I going to learn?" Abrielle squeaks cringing slightly at how much pain Kai looks like he's in.

 

"Nothing like that quite yet. We will be pulling you powers out today. I've set up an area with a field so that if you powers go out of control nothing is affected by them. Then comes sharpening them. After that we can begin combat situations. They boys are already decent fighters they just need a little more refining."

 

"Okay is guess we should start huh?"

 

"Yes we should."

 

I dodge a bolt of lighten sent at me before appearing behind the clone, and knocking it out. I take a moment to watch Abrielle's training. It's only been 30 mins but her powers already seem under great control. Soft colorful lights swirl around her while IU sunbae directs her. I can't hear what's being said, but Abrielle nods closing her eyes. Suddenly I'm facing the sky then my body slams into the ground. 

 

"Focus N you can see what she learns later." A clone states before aiming a ball of fire at me.

 

I dodge easily, but another one is at my other side this time with very deadly looking icicles. I kick her back, and then jump over the clone in front of me before hitting a pressure point that causes her to crumple to the ground. 

 

"Good your responses are getting quicker. So let's make this even harder." One of the clones says to us all.

 

Suddenly there's triple the amount there was before. We all form a tight circle backs to each other. 

 

"This clones making clones thing is really a pain in the ." Yongguk hisses.

 

"Yeah, but you have to admit this is teaching pretty fast." Suho notes.

 

"Yeah it's still a pain in the ."

 

"Quit complaining, and let's do this." Leo declares.

 

"Let's kick some guys." Kai screams.

 

Then the fighting begins again.

 

 

Abrielle 

 

"Now focus all your energy into an attribute. You have to picture your power transforming into whatever comes to mind. It could be fire, air, water, ice you just need to figure out what you want it to be."

 

I close my eyes, and immediately I picture a bolt if lighten. I try to focus my energy into creating the same image in my head. The power, the look.

 

"Perfect!! Open your eyes."

 

I can see small bolts hitting the ground. 

 

"I did it!!!"

 

"Now try another attribute. We need to see which ones you good at, and which we need to practice."

 

I picture fire, then water, ice, air, earth, me flying, light, and all of them go prefect.

 

"This is amazing not even Isabella could have done all these so well. Abrielle you may even surpass your aunt with your power."

 

"Really?"

 

"Yes really she was a genius witch, but you you are at a level she didn’t even reach. She had master 3 attributes from the start, but you have mastered double that. I think we can stop for today your progressing beautifully. "

 

"So unni what is my main attribute. The boys were telling me all witches have one."

 

"It appears to be light since that how your powers first displayed themselves."

 

"So mine are like Baekhyun oppa?"

 

"Yes."

 

"Cool."

 

I watch IU unni snap here fingers, and the clones disappear. The boys fall to the ground breathing hard. Some have some injuries. I run to each of them check them to make sure their not serious. I come to Leo last. He smiles up at me even though he has a nasty looking gash on his arm. I touch it lightly, and he flinches slightly.

 

"Unni what am u going to do Leo oppa got hurt."

 

"Well we didn't test out to see if you could heal so let's try it now. Just picture the wound closing up, and leaving no mark."

 

I place my hands over it picturing his wound closing revealing his normally smooth pale skin. When I check there's a slight mark, but other than that he is healed.

 

"I did it!!!!"

 

"Well that's seven attributes."

 

"She's learned seven off the bat." Suho oppa shouts.

 

"She has immense talent. I only explained the method behind conjuring attributes the rest she did on her own."

 

"I've never seen such powerful magic in all my years."

 

I can feel myself blush a little. Leo pulls me into him most likely glaring at Suho oppa for making me blush.

 

"Stop it." I say, and smack him lightly.

 

IU unni chuckles. 

 

"You two really are so similar to Isabella, ad Vincent. He was always so jealous like you Leo. And Isabella was always reprimand in him for it. It's nice to see such love again."

 

"Noona weren't you ever in love?" Kai ask.

 

She smiles, but there is pain in her eyes.

 

"I guess I did love at somepoint, but it didn't last long."

 

"You don't have to. . ."

 

"No it's fine. I was actually in love with Isabella's father, but he only saw me as a friend ever. Instead he fell for my friend Isabella's mother."

 

"So you mean. . ."

 

"Yes I kept my feelings silent knowing that the two of them were deeply in love. I couldn't bring myself to hurt either of them by making my feelings known."

 

"You were really brave Noona." Kyungsoo consoles.

 

"Yeah you did the right thing. Someone is out there for you noona I know it." Kai cheers.

 

"I'm sorry unni."

 

"Why are you sorry dear."

 

"I'm it wasn't for my family you could have married your first love."

 

"Abrielle darling even if I could go back I wouldn't change a thing. It may hurt a little, but nothing would hurt greater than losing those dear to me. I'm not mad at all. It they wouldn't have met I would have never had Isabella. I would have never had you."

 

 

"But. . but. . . . ."

 

"No buts. I considered Isabella as my own daughter, and I consider you to be my daughter as well. I found a family in yours, and that has honestly made me happier than anyone man could. So stop crying I'm fine with how things are."

 

"I ju-ju..jusst…didn't..wa..wan..want..you tt-to hate me."

 

"You're such a silly girl sometimes. I could never hate you." She laughs.

 

"Ugh all this lovely dove bull makes me sick."

 

Everyone tenses as our eyes wander towards the location of the voice. There stands Key looking hungrily at me. 

 

"Hello doll." He whispers into my ear.

 

I immediately try to hit him with fire, but he grabs my wrist.

 

"Getting a little feisty now are we. Anyway I'm not here to kidnap you for today at least. I'm here to warn you. Minho is planning quite the little show for you, and it involves a particular vampire you know."

 

"Who?"

 

"Your father. Minho plans to use a necromancer in order to bring him back. His purpose simple use him to get to you. Of course even though your father may seem alive again he no longer contains a soul. He is just a empty she'll a puppet. So beware my little doll."

 

"And why should I believe you?"

 

"Because I will do anything to get you instead of Minho even if that means betrayal."

 

"Some friend toy are." Kris growls.

 

"His family stole Isabella from mine so I'll still Abrielle from him."

 

"Anyway goodbye for now."

 

He disappears, and Leo pulls me into his arms.

 

"Don't scare me like that he could have taken you, or worse."

 

"He wasn't going to do that." IU unni chimes in.

 

"How are you so sure."

 

"Because there is at least one thing I know he didn't lie about. His family wants their chance at the power. And that means taking me by any means necessary."

 

"She right Leo Key's family is in this for the long run. They will do whatever it takes to get Abrielle even if that means sabotaging the Choi's."

 

"So we have to watch both sides from now on."Xiumin states.

 

"Yes we have to be more observant. We don't know which family will strike first."