New House

Eternity

Chapter 1

 

New house

 

Stepping out of the taxi I look up through the gates of the property. If I didn't know any better I would say they moved the house in Rome here, but all that's left of that home is rubble, and ashes. I go to push the gate open, but it moves on its own. I jump back shrieking. I shake my head feeling stupid for screaming it must be electronic. I walk in between the opening suitcase in hand. While walking I notice how well kept the grounds are even though the home appears empty. Finally arriving at the door I knock lightly patiently waiting for someone to hopefully open the door.

"N HYUNG John hyungs AT THE DOOR!!!!!"

"YA!!! HYUK WHY DON'T YOU ANSWER IT THEN!!!!!"

"SORRY I'M BUSY."

Something shifts inside before the door opens.

"Hyukie you’re an idiot this is definitely not John."

"It has to be the person smells just like him, but with a hint of something else."

Another boy pokes his head out of the door.

"Oh it's a girl I thought for sure it was John. But she smells really sweet to."

I finally seem to snap out of my initial shock of seeing such handsome men in time to hear my Papa's name.

"You knew my Papa?"

"Your Papa? Who are you talking about?" The older one asked.

"John is my Papa's name, but he's he's.....dead."

"What John's dead?!!!"

"He left me this letter saying to come here if anything were to happen to him."

I hand the letter to the one man, and he reads carefully then looks up at me.

"So John has a daughter eh. What's your name?"

"Abrielle."

"Well Abrielle I'm Cha HakYeon, but call me N."

"And I'm Han Sang Hyuk, but call me Hyuk."

"It seems that you'll be living with the six of us."

"Si....six?"

"There's six of us living here including Hyuk, and myself. We all work to maintain this house. We work for John usually, but now it appears we work for you princess."

Me surrounded by six probably gorgeous men, Papa what were you thinking? "

N takes my suitcase, and leads me through the house. The thing is I don't need him to lead me anywhere. Everything is exactly the same as the house back in Rome. Even the photos of Mama, and Papa are here. Only one thing missing is the picture we took as a family a year before Mama died.

"N how did you get all these pictures of Mama, and Papa?"

"Your father sent them, and that's N oppa to you. In Korea if a male is older you call him oppa okay?"

I nod in understanding, but it also makes me wish I would have study Korean more than the basic questions and answers Papa taught me. His face softens, and he grabs my hand squeezing it. I smile up at him thankful for the comfort.

"Your father made the house just like the one in Rome for your mother. That way she'd always have a piece of Italy here when they would visit."

I could picture Papa surprising Mama like that.

"Okay so everyone else should be in here are you ready to meet them?"

I nod shyly to N.

He pushes the library door open, and in it are four more equally handsome men.

"Guys we have someone you should meet!"

"We know whoever it is has a really strong scent."

"Who's the girl?" A boy with a sort of buzz cut ask.

"This is John's daughter her name is Abrielle, and from now on she'll be staying with us."

"So where's John at? He wouldn't send his daughter here alone right?"

N looks at me gravely, but I nod telling him I'm alright.

"Papa is dead. About a month ago some people broke in. Papa hid me in his study, but I could hear everything. They kept asking where I was but Papa wouldn't say. I try to get out of the room to save him instead of myself, but he had done something to the door. He was in so much pain, but he wouldn't let them have me. I wish he would have Papa's life was worth so much more than mine."

A hand gently brushes away my tears. I look up to see a boy who almost reminds me of a lion.

"You father protected you for a reason, so don't cry." His voice is soft, and soothing.

"Don't comfort her Leo it's her fault John died!"

"Ravi!!!" N shouts.

"It's true isn't she the reason why he's dead. For all we know she could be lying. How do we know John even really has a daughter!!!?”

"RAVI THAT'S ENOUGH!!!! SHE BEEN THROUGH ENOUGH AS IS. SHE COULD HEAR HER FATHER DYING FOR CHRIST SAKE!!! DON'T YOU THINK SHE FEELS BAD ENOUGH?!!" N screeches.

I take the chance to turn, and run. My vision is blurred, but this house is so familiar that I find my hiding place easily. I crawl under the thick brush until I find a crumbling gazebo. I sit on the stone bench, and let my tears flow. That boy he's right it is all my fault Papa is gone. If only they had taken me like they wanted.

"Now why is a pretty girl out here crying all alone?"

I jump at the voice recognizing it immediately. I lift my head slowly to see a man with blonde hair, and a wicked grin.

"Your one of the men who killed my Papa."

Even though those words come out of my mouth I'm too transfixed to run.

"Kibum at your service, but you cutie can call me Key."

"Why are you here?"

"Why to retrieve a toy for a good friend."

"A toy?"

"Yes you my dear you will be Minho's new plaything."

My mind finally registers how bad this situation is, so I get up and run.

I'm able to make it through the brush, but there he is. I start running back towards the house, but he grabs. I scream louder than I ever have before.

"Now this won't do. Minho hates noisy girls. I think that's why the last one died, or maybe it was the one before. No matter I'll just calm you down."

He pulls my head to the side. I can feel his hot breath on my neck.

"Hmm you smell quite good." He whispers sending shivers down my spine.

Something slimy makes its way up to my chin.

"You taste good as well, I can't wait to sample your blood."

"Key you ing ert if you don't let her go now I will cut your off."

"Aww N come on I'm being the perfect gentleman. You on the other hand made her cry."

"Key release her now."

"Not you too Leo. I'm just giving her to Minho."

"Sounds more like a death sentence to me."

I watch as the six boys stare down Key. It may be my imagination, but I swear I see their eyes changing colors.

"Fine I can't fight all you myself anyway, but I don't think you understand how much Minho wants this girl."

Key releases me, and I run to N. He wraps his arms around me, and pats my head trying to calm me down.

"I'll be back, but next time I'll bring friends."

N kneels in front of me worried.

"Don't worry he's gone your safe okay? I won't let him take you to that nasty Minho.

"He..he...said..I....was his toy....what's going on N oppa?"

Everybody but the boy who yelled at me earlier tries to calm me down, but the tears won't stop. My head is pounding, and I feel like I want to die.

"Abrielle, Abrielle Oh My God Abrielle!!"

Everything goes black.

 

After Abrielle ran from the library……………

"Are you kidding me right now Ravi!!!! Did you really just say that!!!"

"All I was doing was..."

"Being an ." Hongbin states.

"A ." Ken throws in.

"An idiot." Hyuk mumbles behind me.

"A ."

We all looks towards Leo seeing as it's unusual for him to swear.

"Literally any of those words can describe you right now. I mean really you don't think all of us are hurt that John's dead? Of course we are, but what could she have done Ravi? Don't you think it would have killed John more to give her up to whoever than die for her?"

"Well yeah, but...”

"Yeah but nothing you need to apologize Ravi."

"Fine, but we still have a problem. How are we supposed to live with her when she smells the way she does. It took everything in me not to bite her."

I bite my lip thinking.

"I don't know her scent is really strong, but we can't throw her out. We owe John that much."

"N's right just deal with it for now." Leo throws in.

"HHHHHHEEEEELLLLLLPPPPP!!!!!" We hear a girls voice shriek from outside.

"Uh oh."

"What's wrong Hyukie?"

"Minho must be involved with John’s death because right now I smell Key."

"He's right." Hongbin agrees.

"Then we have to help her now!!!! Ravi bring your here too."

He groans, but listens. We all run to the garden, and there she is sobbing, and bound tightly in Key's arms.

Hmm you smell quite good." He whispers in her ear.

Then he , and smiles while looking at us. Leo growls lowly, and this only seems to make his smirk grow.

"You taste good as well, I can't wait to sample your blood."

"Key you ing ert if you don't let her go now I will cut your off."

"Aww N come on I'm being the perfect gentleman. You on the other hand made her cry."

"Key release her now."

"Not you too Leo. I'm just giving her to Minho."

"Sounds more like a death sentence to me."

He looks between the six of us as if gauging if he can take all of us on.

"Fine I can't fight all you myself anyway, but I don't think you understand how much Minho wants this girl."

He releases her, and she runs into my arms. She's absolutely terrified. I pat her head trying to calm her to some degree.

"I'll be back, but next time I'll bring friends."

She flinches when Key says this but it seems she doesn't notice. Once he's gone I get on one knee in front of her.

"Don't worry he's gone your safe okay? I won't let him take you to that nasty Minho."

"He..he...said..I....was his toy....what's going on N oppa?"

Her eyes flutter then she falls. Leo catches her as the first strand of hair hits the ground.

"She's probably exhausted from traveling, and the Key incident didn't help most likely."

Well where will we...”

As if on que a key slips down the necklace around .

"You don't think this goes to that room?" Hyukie asks.

"Only one way to find out." I reply.

With Leo carrying her we head upstairs to the only locked door in the house. John had told us 19 years ago to never go into this room. He locked it, and put some type of charm or something on the door to keep us from trying. Now having the key that could possibly belong to it I'm excited to see what's in there. I lift the necklace off her, and place the key in the lock. Before I can turn it there's a soft click, and the door opens. All of us pile inside to see it's a girl’s room.

The room is a royal purple from the walls to the carpet. Poster of boy groups, and stuff animals are placed here, and there. And finally on the bed a note. I pick it slowly.

 

 

My Dear Princess,

 

  If you are here reading this then I am no longer living. There are so many things I wish we could have done, and seen. But I am no more, I have created you this room which I hope you like, or come to like. The boys here will keep you safe, but never ever leave this house alone. I fear my choices in life have caught up to me, and are now after you. So stay hidden my princess, there will be many people after you, because you’re very special. I'm sorry I have dragged you into damnation as well, but we must hope for the best. Please stay safe, and know Papa always loves you.

   Your favorite Teddy,

           

            Papa

 

Underneath the letter is drawing of what appears to be bears. They have names over them.

"Mama, Papa, and Abrielle cub." Leo reads quietly over my shoulder.

"What, but why would all this stuff be here?" Hyuk ask.

"Wait 19 years ago what if that's when Abrielle was born? That would explain why this room was locked. He didn't want anyone to know she existed so he could protect her." Hongbin explains.

"That has to be the explanation, but still is she in that much danger that he couldn't even tell us?" Ravi says sounding hurt.

"Look guys John has always had a good reason for everything he does. There has to be a good reason why we knew nothing about her."

They all nod in agreement to me. Leo lays Abrielle on the bed then sits down on the floor beside her.

"I'll watch her you guys go ahead." He says softly.

Ravi leaves right away not caring. Hongbin makes sure Leo wants to stay then leaves. Hyuk seems to debate whether, or not he'll stay then leaves. So all that's left is me.

"Leo are you sure you can handle this her scent...?"

"I won't bite." He replies simply.

I nod deciding I'll just check in on later them.

 

I'm running towards Papa. This is the day he came home from a trip to Korea when I was four. I had missed him dearly. He pulls me into his big arms for a hug. I smile happy to be in his arms again.

"Don't worry I'll never leave you again my little cub."

The warmth of his hug starts to fade I open my eyes to see my Papa is gone, in his stead is Key. He smiles at me sweetly, and then pulls me along.

"Come along little cub to see my friend Minho. He's been looking forward to meeting you."

My nickname sounds wrong rolling off his tongue. I try to pull away, but his grip is firm. I scream but no hears my cries.

"Now now little cub we can't have you being noisy, because Minho hates noisy girls."

He turns to me his before brown eyes now red. He smiles showing wickedly sharp teeth. I yank my arm from his grasp, and run. But I trip, and fall like the usual klutz I am. Blood runs down my leg from the cuts on my knee.

"My my little cub you blood smells divine, let me try some."

"Save me Papa!!!" I cry.

My eyes open, and I notice someone's holding me. I look down to see one of the boys from earlier hugging me. He reaches up to my face, and wipes something away.

"You’re crying again."

"I'm... I'm sorry."

He looks at me strangely.

"I'm sorry you have to do this. I'm such a baby. It was just a nightmare so you don't have to worry."

He releases me, but stays on the bed next to me. I look at him trying to remember his name. Leo I think it is.

"Key?"

I nod towards him, and he turns away for a moment looking towards the window.

"I'm sorry."

"For what?"

"I don't really talk much it must be awkward."

"No I like silence I like music a lot more but silence is nice."

He bites his lip as if thinking then gets up, and leaves. I get ready to lay down again, but he returns with something in his hands. He holds it out to me, and I see it's a IPod.

"I can listen?"

He nods, and I smile.

"Kansamnida Leo oppa." I get up kissing him on the cheek.

For a second I see a smile, then he runs out again this time leaving me alone.

 

 

Leo comes downstairs with redden cheeks.

"Leo are you feeling okay?"

He nods, and answers "she's awake." Then scurries off before I can question him further.

I head upstairs to see if Abrielle has any idea on what's going on with him. I knock once before entering. The door to her balcony is wide open. I walk out to see her staring off into the distance, with ear buds in. I spot an IPod sitting on the table next to where she's standing, and almost do a double take. It's Leo's IPod, the IPod that he never lets anybody else see. How in the world did she get...oh my God that's why he was so happy he gave it to her, and she must have liked it.

 *poke*

I jump a bit when I feel the poke, and Abrielle giggles.

"Hello N."

"N oppa remember?"

"Ops sorry N oppa."

"Hey Abrielle where'd you get the IPod from?"

"Leo…I mean Leo oppa gave it to me. He said I could use it."

"What are you listening to?"

"I don't know how to say the name, but its spelled VIXX."

I smile realizing she’s listening to us.

"I don't really understand much because my Koreans terrible, but it speaks to me somehow."

"Do you like to sing?"

"When Papa was alive I loved to, but as of lately it seems I've lost my voice."

"You really miss him huh?"

"Papa was all I had left, and now I don't know what I'm going to do. I can't pester you guys forever, but I'm scared. And besides Ravi hates me anyway so I probably shouldn't stay long. I'm sorry I'm probably such a burden right now."

I pull her into a tight hug.

"You are not a burden. You are john’s daughter, and we love you as much as we loved john. John was like a father to us, so we'll be fathers to you."

She pushes away from me, and runs out the room leaving Leo's IPod behind. I watch her run out the front gate, but then reality hits me. She's in danger the moment she leaves this manor.

"GUYS!!!!!! ABRIELLE JUST LEFT WE NEED TO FIND HER!!!"

Leo's the first to show up at her room the rest follow all except Ravi.

"Where's Ravi?"

"He went out earlier." Hyuk says.

"Okay we need to find her. She not in a right state of mind on top of the fact that we don't know who could be working with Minho."

"Split up if you find her send a message okay?"

We all leave the manor going separate ways.

Please be okay Abrielle.