Chapter 9

Enigma

Even though I knew it was Taehyung, my reflexes still kicked in and I punched him in the gut. "OW WHAT THE HELL AZALEA." He yelled, collapsing on the ground behind the bench I had been sitting on. "SORRY AHAHAHA SORRY..." I hopped off the bench and bent down next to Taehyung to make sure he was okay, all while I laughed like a maniac. "YOU'RE SO VIOLENT AZZIE-AH." He said, and gently shoved me, knocking me off balance and making me hit the concrete with my . Once again, just like the first day we met, we were sitting on the ground laughing hysterically. Mr. Soo must've thought we were crazy, especially because he hadn't seen me laugh in months, AND, because I was doing just that sitting on a slb of concrete outside of my apartment complex. 

Once Taehyung and I had stopped laughing, I hoisted myself to my feet and pulled him up with me, dragging him to sit with me on the bench. "Do you live on this street somewhere?" I asked, tucking one leg between my body and the bench so that I was facing Taehyung instead of the road. "YAH PABO~" He laughed, and flicked me lightly on the forehead. "I LIVE in this apartment complex." That caught me off guard, I mean seriously, what are the freaking odds? "I LIVE HERE TOOOO~" I screeched, hugging him tightly. I was acting like some of the giddy fangirls at my school, and it was a weird behavior for me, usually I wouldn't act this childlike. However, at the moment, I could've sworn I was high off of Taehyung's laugh and the way his eyes met mine. "YAH YOU'RE ACTING LIKE A FOUR YEAR OLD~" He teased, shoving me lightly. "SAYS THE ONE WHO JUST YELLED 'BOO' TO TRY AND SCARE ME." I teased back, sticking my tongue out at him in retaliation. Just as he was about to lean in and tickle me into submission, the weird pink haired guy came out of the complex. "YAH Kim Taheyung what are you-" He started off yelling, but as he assessed the situation his mouth fell into an 'o' shape. "I'm out here with my new friend~ Azalea say hello~" He grabbed my arm and made me wave to the pale skinned boy in front of me. "Ah...I'm Yoongi..." He said dryly before clearing his throat, "sorry for running into you earlier..." He said, rubbing the back of his neck with his hand. "Nah its cool~" I said, giggling at his awkwardness. We all looked at each other in silence for a few seconds when Yoongi spoke up again. "Anyways, Taehyung, Jin cooked and he's threatening to castrate you if you don't come in and eat..." He shot me an apologetic look for having to steal my playmate, but I was more interested in who this 'Jin' person was. "Does Jin perhaps stand for Kim Seokjin?" I asked, looking at both of the boys shocked expressions. "Yeah. Do you know him?!" Taehyung asked, jealousy clouding his eyes. I just shrugged, "yeah I met him on the bus over here." Yoongi chuckled at Taehyung's obvious change in mood, but Taehyung snapped out of it. "Well then you've already met half of us~ YOU SHOULD COME EAT WITH US AZZIE-AH~" He said merrily, pulling me towards the entrance of the complex where Yoongi was standing. "YAH TAEHYUNG I ALREADY ATE AND-" He shushed me and dragged me down the hall. Mr. Soo looked concerned, but I gave him a thumbs up to show that Taehyung hadn't kidnapped me from outside or anything like that.

Not that I would mind.

As Taehyung dragged me down the hall, he explained that he lived with five other guys, Yoongi, Jin, Hoseok, Jimin, and Namjoon. I just laughed, following him from corridor to corridor. At last, we arrived at a room labeled '144', and Yoongi got busy typing in a code to the door. We entered the apartment with Taehyung still chewing my ear off, assuring me that he could walk me back to my apartment (even though all I had to do was walk up a flight of stairs, I mean really, what's the worse that would happen, rugburn?) I tried to convince him that my parents thought he was a girl, and he told me that he could say he was my friend 'Sae-In's' older brother or something, so, reluctantly, I took off my shoes in the entry way. "YAH KIM TAEHYUNG WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN YOU LITTLE-" The stranger I had met on the bus, Soekjin, ran into the entry way carrying a spatula and wearing a pink apron. He had stopped his rant when he saw me. "AZALEA?!" He yelled, a slight smile gracing his face. That is, until he realized what he was wearing. Quickly, he ran back through the apartment, into one of the rooms, and slammed the door behind him. "Why that do I live with these guys..." Yoongi said, shaking his head in embarrassment, which made me laugh. He looked up at me with a small, amused smile on his face, like he was surprised I had heard him, before sulking off into one of the other rooms. "Well that was-" Taehyung had began to speak, but was cut off by a tall guy with black hair, sunglasses, and a bandana sticking his head out of yet another room. "WHAT THE ARE YOU IDIOTS DOING OUT HERE." He yelled, but took note of me quickly. "Oh." He said simply, and ducked back into his room, shutting the door. "IT'S NOT LIKE IM AN ALIEN OH MY ING GOD." I yelled, curious as to why all of the guys who I'd met ran away. "Am I just that ugly?"I asked Taheyung teasingly, and he shrugged. "Maybe~" I punched him and he ran off screaming, "LAST ONE TO THE LIVING ROOM IS A ROTTEN EGG." I ran after him down the rest of the entry way until we came to a massive, well lit room complete with a TV, couch, X-box, beanbags, and a good sized aquarium. "Woah..." I said, looking at how big the room was compared to my family's little living room in our hotel. Taehyung just grinned at me, and flopped into a beanbag. I did the same. 

Once we had settled in and started talking, Soekjin, Namjoon, Yoongi, and a short guy who I assumed was Jimin, entered the room. "ANNYEONGHASEYO WELCOME TO OUR HOME." The boys said unenthusiastically. Well, all of them except for Jin, who had obviously put them up to it. I stifled a laugh and stood up, bowing. "Thank you for letting me in AHAHAHA." The boys all cracked smiles and flopped down on the couch. "So what's your name?" The one who I remembered Taehyung had called Namjoon, said, taking his sunglasses off. 'Why the hell is he wearing sunglasses inside.' I thought, but answered his questions anyways. "I'm Lee Azalea~" I answered, and smiled. "How old are you Azalea~?" The short brown haired one, Jimin, asked. "Ah, I'm 17 AHAHAHA. I turn 18 in a week and a half~" The guys looked shocked. Well, all of them except for Taehyung who had known my age. "TAE SHE'S SO YOUNG~" The skinny one, Hoseok said. As though he was taken aback by the fact I wasn't an ahjumma or something. Taehyung just laughed. 

The boys asked me a few more questions, you know, like, 'where did you meet our Tae Tae' and 'are you two dating?'.  I answered all of them, occasionally having a small blush cross my cheeks, but I had hoped no one noticed. Eventually, the guys warmed up to me, and I warmed up to them. So much so in fact, that they forced me to promise them that I would come back the next day. "YAH I WILL I WILL." I shouted, finally giving in to their demands. They laughed while I checked me phone. It was 10:43.

Wait.

10:43?!?!?!?!?!?!

I freaked out and shot up from my beanbag, explaining that I had to go home, I would see them tomorrow, and yes I lived on the 4th floor if they wanted to stop by. Then I ran out the door without another word. Taehyung tried to follow me but I assured him I was fine, after all, nobody had ever been murdered or walking down a hallway right?

Well.

Maybe.

I quickly tugged my shoes on, and shot out the door, waving goodbye to Taehyung as he closed and locked it. When he disappeared behind the door, I my heel and walked through the now deserted lobby, and towards the stairs. I could've sworn I heard footsteps behind me, but everytime I stopped, they stopped, so I passed it off as my overly tired brain playing tricks on me. As usual, I opted for the stairs instead of the elevator, and I opened the door to the stair well. I began walking up the steps when I heard a loud creak, and then a clang beneath me. 'I already closed the door, didn't I?' I asked myself, shaking away the eerie chills I got. I was about to reach the 4th floor, a matter of fact I could see the label just ahead, when someone grabbed me and muffled my mouth.

"Azzie shut the up."