Chapter 8

Enigma

As soon as I made it back to my family's apartment, my mom ran in carrying a wooden spoon. "YAH MOM DON'T HIT ME, AT LEAST I'M STILL ALIVE~!" I teased, knowing that she only had the spoon in hand so that she could pass it off to me and make me cook. "Well SOMEONE'S IN A GOOD MOOD!" My dad's voice boomed loudly as he stepped out of his office, a playful smile tugging at the edges of his mouth. He came over and gave me a bear hug, and my mom just looked at me with suspiscion playing across her features. "Azzie-ah, why ARE you so happy?" She asked, as she came over to hug me. My father naturally, had lingered off into the kitchen in search of some soju to drink. It was his end of day tradition. I just looked at me mom with wide eyes, feigning innocence. "I dont know, mom, I just enjoyed the fresh air~" I said cutely, tugging to spoon swiftly out of her hand, and skipping off into the kitchen to cook dinner. "Aish, that girl." My mom shook her head, but looked pleased. It'd been a while since I had teased them, let alone, SMILED at them, and she knew not to question in any further. 

As I rounded the cornor into the kitchen, I ran smack into my little brother, Sean. "YAH WATCH WHERE YOU'RE GOING." He said, his new-found teenage attitude oozing through his voice. Before I could come up with something clever to spit back, he sulked off to his room and shut the door. 'Weird.' I thought, but continued on my merry path to the fridge. It being only 6:30, I sat down at the kitchen table with my father, who was on his laptop reading emails while drinking his soju. Unknown to me, apparently I had been checking my phone every five seconds, because my dad spoke up. "Yah, Azzie-ah, who are you expecting a message from?!" He never once lifted his eyes off his computer, but as a blush creeped across my face, a small smile formed on his. "No one special...just my friend...uhm...Sae-In said she would text me before 7:00." I responded, stuttering a little in between. 'Wow that was SOOO not convincing, Azalea.' I thought, mentally face palming myself. "And where is this Sae-In from...?" My dad asked, fingers still typing away at the email he had in progress. "She's from...uhm...GANGNAM!" I shouted the end, thankful that I had thought of a real district and not just some random place. "You should invite her over then!" My dad said cheerily, knowing he had me cornered in my own lie. Just as I was about to dig myself into a deeper pit of lies, my text alarm went off, giving me a good reason to ignore my dad's last bit of conversation. As I read texts from Taehyung, and began busy replying, I must have been smiling because my ever so vigilant dad said, "must be a pretty great conversation with Sae-In, huh?" This time he looked up from his emails, sending me a snarky smile. "YEP SHE'S SOOOOO FUNNY AHAHAH..." I said awkwardly, not willing to back down from the silent challenge my dad had issued. As soon as the clock passed 7:00, I shot up from the table and began preparing dinner, thankful to escape the war with my father. Of course, he took this as a sign of surrender and, stood up victoriously, leaving the room to sit on the couch with my mom. 

After dinner was made and everyone had eaten, I decided to take the trash outside. Normally, I wouldn't have volunteered for the job, but I was trying to avoid my dad as much as possible at the moment, so I figured a little stroll outside wouldn't hurt. As I walked down the stairs, I thought about knocking on Seokjin's door and asking him if I could stay for a bit, but I figured that'd be too weird, and instead settled for sitting outside a while. I watched the floor numbers pass by me, and, when I had reached number one, I pushed the exit door open, and strolled through the lobby. "GOOD EVENING MISS AZALEA!" The 78 year old front desk worker, Mr. Soo, yelled to me as I made my way through the lobby and out the front doors. "YOU TOO!" I yelled back, and exited the building in search of the trash bins. 

Finding them wasn't hard because it's not like they could grow feet and move from the place they were in, and therefore they were in the same spot they had been in when I last took the trash out a few months ago. Whistling, I threw in that week's bags, and made my wayto sit on a bench outside of the apartment building. As I was walking over, I was preparing to text Taehyung again when, "OOF." A man said, and I realized I had run into him. "SORRY!" I said, bowing slightly and continuing on my way over to the bench. The man ignored me, but I looked up as he entered the building. He was a shorter guy, with pinkish hair. 'Weird.' I thought, and continued on my message to Taehyung. 

   Azalea- Hey~ I finished with dinner ^^

   Taehyung- Did the puking start yet? XD

   Azalea- YAH NO IT DIDN'T AND IT NEVER WILL.

   Taheyung- Whatever you say...but when we meet again, I'LL do the cooking. 

I smiled at the thought of seeing him again, and I was happy he had implied we WOULD infact see one another. 

   Azalea- FINE. But if you keep this attitude up I may not WANT to meet up >:(

I hoped he knew I was being sarcastic.

   Taehyung- OUCH MY HEART, I THINK YOU BROKE IT.

Oh good, he did.

   Azalea- PSHHHH. You baby :P

I didn't get an immediate response, and that worried me. Had I gone too far? As I was typing up an apology, I felt someone tap my shoulder from behind and yell, "BOO!" 

"YAH WHO ON EARTH-" I was in the middle of yelling at this douchebag who had scared me, but instead I just let my mouth fall open in surprise. 

What were the chances of him ACTUALLY being here?

They were pretty slim then, if you ask me, but never the less, there, standing in front of my, was the ever perfect and doe-eyed,

Kim Taehyung.

 

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I ALWAYS FEEL LIKE MY CHAPTERS ARE SO SHORT FML SORRY

ANYWAYS I WATCHED INSURGENT TONIGHT EVEN THO THE MOVIE CAME OUT AGES AGO AND I READ THE BOOKS BACK IN PREHISTORIC TIMES

BUT IT REMINDED ME OF THE ENDING TO THE THIRD BOOK, ALLEGIANT AND UGHHHH THE FEELS ARE TOO BIG SFHJSAHFJKALHFJDSHFJJKASHFJAS

OH AND SINCE I HAVE NOBODY IN MY LOCAL AREA TO FANGIRL OVER MY BTS PHOTOBOOK WITH ATM, I JUST SHOWED IT TO MY MOM AND FANGIRLED.

SHE'S CONCERNED.

YOU GUYS ARE THE PLOT TO MY TWIST

ILYYYYY