Chapter 7

Enigma

Once I had made it out of the dense shrubbery and back into civilization, I dashed to the nearest bus stop. Luckily for me, the 1:00 bus would be arriving soon and I wouldn't be forced to wait another thirty minutes before catching the next one. I arrived at the stop, extremely out of breath and looking visibly homeless, just in the nick of time. As I boarded the bus, I handed my wad of bills to the driver, told him where my stop would be, and made my way towards the back. I wound up having to stand due to the lack of seats, and found myself positioned next to a tall, rather cute guy. We stood next to one another in silence until I accidentally bumped into his arm. "Ah...sorry..." I said, and looked down at my feet. "It's no problem." The guy laughed, and I gave him a small smile. We spent another few minutes in silence before he said, "I heard you say you were heading Chungmuro, do you mind me asking where?" I glanced at him and hesitantly said, "Ah, I live in an apartment there with my family." He nodded before saying, "So you're a student then?" "Yeah, I am...AHAHA. A senior this year." I replied, slowly warming up to this new stranger. What is with me and strangers lately? Didn't my parents teach me ANYTHING about serial killers? I shrugged this thought away and asked him, "where are you from?" He turned his attention back to me, and, I would've said I was looking up at him, but in reality we were around the same height, he might have been taller than me. He smiled at me kindlyand replied, "I'm from Chungmuro too, I live in an apartment complex there." I nodded to show I understood, before having the quick thought of 'maybe he lives in the same complex as me'. I shook the thought from my head, noting that fact that many people live in Chungmuro and it was likely he lived in a different apartment complex. We stood next to each other quietly for the rest of the trip before hearing our street called. 

"Chungmuro street is our next stop. Please grab all of your things and exit the bus in an orderly fashion." 

The stranger and I looked at each other and, as we came to a stop, he gestured in front of himself, as though saying 'after you', before picking up a black backpack and following me off of the bus. Once wehad exited the bus, I planned on us going our separate ways, and so I said politely, "Thank you for speaking to me, it was nice meeting you!" "Ah, are you not going this way?" He asked, and pointed down my street. 

Great now I look like an idiot.

"Oh, aha...that actually IS my street." I blushed a bit, but the elder (at least I was assuming he was older than me), just chuckled. We walked a little while longer, making small talk and chatting a bit here and there, before he pointed towards a building ahead of us. "Well, thats my apartment, but it was nice talking to you!" He said smoothly, but I just looked at the building, "YOU LIVE THERE?" I nearly yelled, and looked at him with wide eyes. He returned my gaze and said. "Yes...why" I laughed, mildly pleased my new friend wouldn't be leaving me as soon as I thought. "I LIVE THERE~" I giggled, and he smiled widely at me. Once we reached the door of the building, we had figured out that, while I lived on the 5th floor, he lived on the first floor, which meant we would part ways shortly. "It was nice meeting you~" I said, and bowed slightly. "Yes, you too~" He said and bowed back. I waved to him and as we walked our own respected ways, he shouted to me, "I'M KIM SEOKJIN BY THE WAY~" I looked over my shoulder and yelled back, "LEE AZALEA." Before making my way into the elevator.

~~~TAEHYUNG P.O.V~~~

After all the time I had spent with Azalea on what I thought was MY secret place, it felt super lonely once she had left. I kept my promise and put her things away, making sure to tuck them securely back under the tarp. 'If this had been any other girl, I would never have done this.' I thought, before siting on the very edge of the dock and looking at my reflection, eyebrows kissing together in confusion. Normally, I was cool and collected Kim Taehyung, someone who gets what he wants, when he wants it, and treats people however he wishes. But something about Azalea had triggered something in me; protectiveness. For some strange, alien reason, I felt the strongest urge to just keep her safe. It was almost as though it was my destiny in life or some , but I don't believe in that stuff. I swung my feet back and forth, mulling over the events of the past day, when a call jerked me out of my thoughts. "Hello?" I answered, pulling my phone out of my back pocket. "YAH, KIM TAEHYUNG, WHEN ARE YOU COMING HOME?" The familiar male voice yelled at me over the phone, and I groaned. "Hyung, don't worry, I'm coming home soon." I looked up and saw the sun was setting.

spent much more time out here then I orignially thought I was going to.

"IF YOU DON'T COME HOME IN AN HOUR I WON'T COOK YOU DINNER." He yelled at me again, and I replied with a solemn, "Okay." Before hanging up the phone on my stupid friend (one who shall not be named). As I stood up, I realized that, I had promised to text Azalea before 7:00 pm tonight. I looked at my phone again, and saw that it was 6:35. "." I yelled, and scrolled through my contacts to text her. When I saw the name 'Azalea is the best' come up, I couldn't help but laugh at her childness, wondering how I hadn't noticed the goofy username when she called me. I clicked the new message button, and sent my text.

   Taehyung- Hey~ @>@

I groaned at my lack of creativity, especially when it came to emojis, and began walking back in the direction of the city. In less than a minute I got a response back.

   Azalea- Hey Taehyung~ Did you put my stuff away? (You're dead if you didn't :P)

   Taehyung- Don't kill me T^T I put your stuff away

   Azalea- Good hehehe~

'She's so cute...wait. WHAT?' I thought, shaking those thoughts out of my head, since she's virtually a stranger.

   Taehyung- Anyways, why did you want me to text you before 7? :O

   Azalea- Because that's when I cook dinner for my family, so I didn't want to miss your text~

   Taehyung- Ahhh...I see~

Great conversational skills Taehyung, A+. I was about to type something else, but Azalea beat me to it.

   Azalea- Do you ever cook for your family?

   Taehyung- No. I was adopted as a kid and I don't live with my parent anymore hehehe~

   Azalea- Oh...thats good to know AHAHA

   Azalea- Anyways, what's up?

   Taehyung- I'm on my way back home ^^ you?

   Azalea- Just laying in bedddd~

She added a bunch of letters onto 'bed', she really is a highschooler.

   Taehyung- HAHAHA I wish I could lay in bed T^T but I'm only now leaving the dock.

   Azalea- YOU'VE BEEN THERE ALL DAY? DIDN'T YOU GET COLD OR HUNGRY?

Awww. She's actually concerned for me.

   Taehyung- Yessss~ But I didn't get cold or hungry ahahaha, so don't worry >.<

   Azalea- Sorry I just don't want my new friend to die~!!!!

   Taehyung- So you admit we are friends? *wiggles eyebrows*

   Azalea- YAH when did I say we weren't?!

   Taehyung- Well I mean, you told your mom I was a girl...

   Azalea- >///< 

   Taehyung- HAHAHA it's okay~ but hey didn't you say you had to go at 7:00? 

I checked the time, it was 7:15.

    Azalea- OH YES I DO HAVE TO GO, I'LL TEXT YOU LATER TAEHYUNGGIE~

'Taehyunggie?' I thought and blushed a little bit.

   Taehyung- Okay~ Have a horrible dinner~ >:) 

   Azalea- HAH as ifMy cooking is GREAT!

   Taehyung- SUUUUUURE ^.~

   Azalea- WHATEVERRR. I have to go anyways. Maybe I'll give my family food poisoning...

   Taehyung- You probably will hehehe

   Azalea- YAH GOODBYE KIM TAEHYUNG

   Taehyung- Bye bye~<3

I took a risk by adding the heart, but as I typed the last message I realized I had walked all the way to the bus stop, payed for a bus, and had sat down without even realizing it. Like texting Azalea had made time go by a hell of a lot faster. "Oh well," I spoke aloud, putting in my earbuds.

"Time to go back home in Chungmuro~"

 

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

SEE I TOLD YOU I WOULD UPDATE AGAIN.

ANYWAYS GOODNIGHT~ SLEEP WELL EVERYONEEEEE