Chapter 6

Enigma

When I had woken up next, it was noon of the same day. I groggily shook the sleep from my eyes and stood up, preparing to stretch my back. After all, I'd spent way to many hours of the last day laying on the flat piece of wood, so it was about time I got up anyways. As I went to stand, Taehyung rushed over to my side. "Azalea I'm so so SO sorry, I didn't know that would happen and I feel really bad and..." He trailed off, looking down at the wood panels beneath us, shifting his feet. "Taehyung, it's okay. If we are going to be friends anyways, you'd better know that things like that happen often..ahah..." I laughed dryly and looked at him apologetically. "I'm really, really sorry I worried you." I said, and then I notcied the food. "DONUTS?" I yelled, earning an appreciative growl from my stomach. "Yeah, I saved some for you, are you-" I cut him off just as he was about to ask me if I was hungry. I grinned widely and said,"I'm STARVING~" He chuckled and retrieved the box of donuts from the other side of the dock, before dragging me down to sit next to him on the dock. "Taehyung," I began, between delicious mouthfuls."Mm?" He said, turning his full attention from the sparklig Han river to me. I swallowed what was in my mouth and asked, "what time is it, exactly?" I had guessed the timeto be around noon, based off of the way the sunlight was hitting the water in front of us. Taehyung pulled out his phone and checked the time. "Nearly 1:00. why?"

Holy , I was an hour off?!

I freaked out and started frantically searching for my phone. "What's the matter?" Taehyung asked, looking rather confused. "I HAVE TO CALL MY MOM!" I screeched, and breathed a huge sigh of relief when I found my phone. I unlocked it quickly and before pressing the 'Call Mom' button, turned to Taehyung and said, "Listen Taehyung, it's been really fun and all but I have to go and since I'm not sure I'll see you again, I wish you good luck." He looked alarmed. "Why wouldn't we see each other?" He gasped, and I groaned. "Because my mom is going to KILL ME." I clicked the call button and motioned for Taehyung to be quiet. He looked at me as the phone rang. My mom picked up after about 3.5 seconds. "YAH LEE AZALEA WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU, YOU KNOW YOU CAN'T JUST DITCH COUNSELING LIKE THAT AND SINCE I KNOW YOU'RE NOT AT JUNGKOOK'S HOUSE, IM WORRIED SICK. WHERE. ARE. YOU."

Uh oh.

This was bad.

You see, before Jungkook had walked out on me, my mom knew that whenever I hadn't come home, I would be with him. She trusted him enough to know I was safe, and would even allow me to spend the night out with him if I called the next morning. The problem is, now that Jungkook is...well, gone, my mom had no clue where I was, or who I was with. Listening to her concerned, tired, voice told me that she had been up all night. "You...you didn't call the police did you?' I asked tentatively, fearful that she had LEGITIMATELY thought I was dead or kidnapped. "NO, I DIDN'T, BECAUSE I KNOW YOU DO THIS ALL THE TIME, BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN I WAS ANYLESS WORRIED." I breathed a sigh of relief and took a deep breath. "Mom, I'm really, REALLY sorry, I went out to play my guitar and..." i glanced towards Taehyung, unsure of what to call him. "And I met up with a friend. I stayed at her house, so don't worry. I'll be home in like ten minutes okay?" I ignored Taehyung pouting over the fact I called him a girl and said my goodbyes to my mom. "Love you, bye." She said, and I could tell she was both relieved and pissed as . "I AM NOT A GIRL." Taehyung pouted, and I forced myself to laugh. "If I had said you were a guy she would be suspiscious, especially because the only guy she ever trusted was..." Once again, I couldn't bring myself to say his name outloud, especially to someone who, even though I had connected with him, was still technically a stranger. Taehyung pouted again, and I saw what looked to be anger or jealousy cross his face, but as soon as it had lept through his features, it left. He then jumped to his feet. "I'll clean up here Azalea." He said cheerfully. "No, Taehyung you don't-" "Yes I do." He said sternly, and handed me the rest of the donuts, a wad of cash which I assumed was for bus fare, and shooed me away. "I know where your guitar goes and everything, so don't worry about it." He gave me a small smile and said, "don't worry, I'll text you. OH, and I was serious about picking you up from school, so text me the address okay?" I nodded whilst thanking him profusely, but before I walked away I flashed him a smile and said, "if I dont show up here at the same time tomorrow, check your local graveyard." He laughed and shook his head, I waved goodbye and dashed into the bushes and trees which blocked the dock from sight of humanity.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I FEEL BAD FOR NOT UPDATING LAST NIGHT SO IM UPDATING ANOTHER CHAPTER RN SO STICK AROUND XD 

I WAS SO TIRED LAST NIGHT YOU GUYS DONT EVEN KNOW

MY TAETAE FEELS WERE GETTING TO ME TODAY UGH

OH AND DUDES I GOT THE IN THE MOOD FOR LOVE PT. 1 PHOTOBOOK FROM AMAZON AND ITS SO GREAT THEYRE LEGIT SO ADORABLE AND SHIZ MAN I GOT THE YOONGI PHOTOCARD AND HE'S SO PERFECT UGH

ANYWAYS, ILL BE UPDATING AGAIN IN LIKE 20 MINUTES LOL

ILY