Chapter 10

Enigma

"Azzie shut the up."

The stranger spoke from behind me, slowly trying to drag me back down the stairs I had just come up, muffling my shouts with his hand. However, since I'm so tall, there was NO WAY I was going to let this serial-killer--dude get away with me this easy. Luckily, my brain chose that exact momnet to remember a few Taekwondo moves I learned when I was 7. 

Convenient right?

I started my assault on my attacked with a few good elbows to the stomach and this weaked his grip on my mouth. This in turn made him grunt loudly while still struggling to pull me down the stairs. I bit down incredibly hard on his hand, and he squealed in pain. The moment I heard his squeal, and felt his hand move, I turned around and kicked him back down the flight of stairs below us, running as fast as I could back up to the 4th floor. "YAH NOT SO FAST." The stranger shouted again, grabbing my arm and pulling me around. Luckily, I could use this to my advantage, and used the momentum he gave me by pulling me to swing behind him and then use his grip on my arm to swing him behind me. This made him lose balance and he once again was back down at the foot of the stairs, this time, it didn't look like his was getting up very fast. I booked it up the stairs and made it through the door that opened onto floor 4, but not before hearing his shouts of, "YAH WHAT THE WAS THAT FOR." 

"Oops I don't know...maybe the fact you attacked me in a dark stairwell after the apartment wide curfew? No, that CAN'T be the reason I threw you down a flight of stairs. Twice." I mumbled to myself, before sprinting down the hall to the door of my apartment. I typed in the code quickly, still afraid that my attacker was going to get up at any moment. Once my shaky fingers had hit the digits and the door unlatched, I burst in, not even bothering to take my shoes off. Of course, when I entered back into the apartment, only my brother was still up, my parents (unconcerned) had already crawled into bed for the night. "Oh look, you're home." Sean said flatly, not even bothering to avert his eyes from whatever bad action movie was playing on the TV. I huffed and sat down next to him, my breaths still coming in sharp, panicked gasps. Apparently Sean had actually noticed something was wrong, and looked at me warily from the corner of his eye. "YAH what's wrong with you?!" He asked, and punched me in the side of the head. "YAH WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU." I shot back, using his own words against him. However, instead of wrestling me to the ground and pulling my hair like he always does, he just looked down at his lap and said, "a lot of things." Then turned back to the TV. "You'll figure them out, don't worry." I said, ruffling his hair before I pulled myself off the couch and sulked off to my room. 

When I opened the bedroom door, a waveof exhaustion crashed over me, and I flopped onto my floral quilted bed, turning myself over on my back to look up at the turquoise ceiling above me. "Yah...who exactly are you, Mr. Creepy?" I asked the ceiling, playing the events I experienced on the stairs, back through my mind on a constant loop. The guy OBVIOUSLY knew my name, which means he either knows me, or knew someone who knows me, he was taller than me, and everytime I got close to seeing his face, he'd cover it with his hands. "Was it...perhaps..." I didn't allow myself to finish my own sentence. "There's no WAY it could've been Jungkook...he was always shorter than me. Yeah. I didn't just miss a chance to see him again by beating him up. There's no way..ahahahahaha..." I reasoned with my ceiling, trying to convince myself that it had not, in fact, been my missing best friend. "Nah there's no way." And with that, I pushed all thoughts about the matter out of my mind. 

I was just beginning to drift off to sleep when...

"THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES EVEN THOUGH THEY WEREN'T SO GREAT, HE, TASTES LIKE YOU, ONLY SWEETER~" 

I groaned. 'Thnks fr the mmrs' by Fall Out Boy was my ringtone, and whoever was calling me this late at night had some nerve. I need my sleep. Blindly, I d around on my nightstand until I found the source of the horribly loud noise, sliding the answer button and holding the phone up to my ear. "Yah...*yawn*...whoever this is...couldn't you just...wait until morning?" I spoke into the receiver, beginning to miss the comfort of sleep. "NOPE~" A cheery tone answered on the other line, and I shot straight up in bed. "KIM TAEHYUNG OH MY GOD I'M SO SORRY I WAS SUPPOSED TO TEXT OR CALL TO TELL YOU I MADE IT UPSTAIRS OKAY IM SO SO SO SO SO SORRY." I whisper-yelled, not wanting to wake anyone else in the house up. The boy on the other end of the line just chuckled. "That's not it, dummy, your brother told me you got home safe." 

Sean? Told Taehyung? How do they know each other?

I was about to ask these questoins, but Taehyung interrupted me. "I called because I need to know the address of your school so I can pick you up tomorrow." "OHHHHH. Aha. That..." I said awkwardly, but gave him the address to my school, Gwi Jung School of Music, and also told him what time I get out of classes. "Okay~ I'll be there hehe." Taehyung said, sounding like a kid at Christmas time. "Anything else, Taehyung?" I inquired, while yawning and laying my head back down on my pillow. "Uh...yeah. Actually." The boy responded, sounding unlike his usual self. "Okay, shoot." I said, letting him know he could ask the question or whatever it was. I was too tired to truly care. "I'm gonna take you somewhere after class tomorrow. And it's not the dock." He said in a serious tone. "Yeah...sure...oka- WAIT WHAT?!" I had started drifting off into dreamland again, which led to my brian processing Taehyung's words slower than the love child of Internet Explorer and Satellite TV. Taehyung just giggled, and I swore I heard him clap his hands in excitement. 'Am I on speaker?' I thought, but as normal I pushed such a thing into the distant corners of my brain. "WELL YOU ALREADY AGREED DO I'LL SEE YOU TOMORROW~" Taehyung said cutely, and it was almost as if I could FEEL his smile from here. "But Taheyung-" "GOODNIGHT AZALEA~ SLEEP WELL~" He said, making kissy noises as he said his goodbye. "YAH KIM TAEHYUNG ARE YOU CRA-" I couldn't finish my sentence because he hung up on me, and I threw my phone dejectedly to the floor. However, even though I was mildly annoyed and DEFINITELY overwhelmed and confused, I still sat in bed, staring up into darkness, smiling. 

Damn you, Kim Taehyung.

 

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE I WAS WATCHING AMERICA'S GOT TALENT

DID YOU KNOW THAT HOWARD STERN IS MY SPIRIT ANIMAL???

WHO KNEW.

ANYWAYS, I TRIED TO MAKE THE ENDING OF THIS CHAPTER LESS SUSPENSFUL, AND MORE CUTESY.

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED IT LMAO

OH and to those who may wonder, English is my FIRST language, I just type things like 'me mom' and make really bad spelling mistakes bc by the time i get around to writing a new chapter, im HELLA tired. I SWEAR I CAN SPELL LOL.

HELL I CAN EVEN SPELL pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovocalnoconiosis.

IT'S A REAL WORD, 45 LETTERS, AND BASICALLY MEANS A BAD DISEASE YOU GET FROM BREATHING IN MICROSCOPIC PARTICLES OF VOLCANIC ASH/RESIDUE.

NO I DIDN'T GOOGLE IT, I WAS PLAYING A SPELLING GAME IN GEOMETRY.

DONT QUESTION THE FACT WE WERE SPELLING INSTEAD OF DOING MATH.

ITS SCIENCE.

ANYWAYS ILYYYYYYYYY