8 | start of introduction

Idol Factory
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today was the last day of practice, as well as the day after UNet released the trainees' profiles to the public announcing the third season of Idol Factory.

Due to the past season's mistake, the show mostly got negative comments concerning the last controversies.

「Are they serious?」

「Somehow, I don't like the sound of this... but at least it's an all-girl this time.」

「This isn't going to end well ㅋㅋㅋㅋ」

「This is going to be ty again!」

「I feel bad for the contestants ☠️」

「I'm good with it, as long as they don't do the same mistakes last season ㅠㅠ」

Minjeong was scrolling down the comments on her phone. Right now was the only time the show allowed trainees to use their phones and it was to use the internet for their assigned songs in case there were things they wanted to add.

It'll only be for one hour though.

So as of now, Minjeong was just chilling on the couch by the very corner of the school gym with her teammates. This is where their introduction video will start filming. A lot of contestants were on standby across the provided seats, fiddling with their phones.

In midst of this, Minjeong suddenly felt a weight on her shoulder, making her pull her eyes away from the screen to look at her right. Besides Aeri, Somi, and Yujin appearing unbothered scrolling through their phones, Jimin fell asleep on the girl's shoulder.

"Pfft, did Jimin get any sleep last night?"

Aeri glanced at the sleeping girl beside her with a chuckle, "She couldn't sleep. Nervous for today's filming, you know? I guess that's why she's been close to you today." she winked.

Somi turned off her phone, "You two have been holding hands since yesterday. Is there something we're missing?" she smiled teasingly.

"Come on you two, stop." Yujin snickered, teasing along. "They just find comfort in each other~" winking twice.

The three girls started to laugh while Minjeong only rolled her eyes before turning off her phone. When looking at the sleeping girl on her shoulder, she did realize how the two of them have been getting closer lately.

When her skill (Sleepless Nights) weren't active, she'd wake up at 5 a.m to get experience and Jimin would appear thirty minutes later to practice with her. Her affinity level raised from one heart to two hearts too.

Minjeong couldn't still understand what the affinities were for but looked at it as a good sign since their chemistry was getting better and better to the point they were comfortable enough to tell each other secrets.

She promised herself not to create deep connections.

But I guess those four are an exception... they seem nice.

Though it was quite weird how she couldn't get to raise her affinity levels with her teammates and the heart slots remained empty, all colored white.

It was confusing yet she chose to not think much about it and utterly focused on gaining experience. Due to that gaining experience, Jimin who's been practicing with her raised her vocal and dance stat naturally.

A great sign as it'll give her team a huge advantage to place in the higher ranks in tomorrow's performance. But Minjeong never cared about ranking high, she merely wanted to survive and debut as soon as possible.

"Okay, trainees! Times up! Place your phones back into the box."

One of the staff announced as the trainees in the school gym groaned in displeasure. While the three sunshines stood up to put their phones into the nearby box, Minjeong gently shook Jimin to wake her up.

"Jimin."

Slowly, Jimin opened her eyes and sat up, rubbing her eyes. "I'm sorry for falling asleep..."

"Nah, it's fine. Most of us usually get tired, the week's been busy."

Minjeong stood up and opened her palm towards Jimin only for her to unexpectedly grab it, clasping firmly. The shorter stared at the latter for a second before laughing at the gesture.

"I meant the phone, Jimin. Let me put it inside the box for you."

"A-Ah." Jimin quickly hid her hand away and placed her phone on the shorter's palm, "I'm sorry... It's just..." she pursed her lips and didn't continue.

"Don't worry about it. I guess that's been normal to us the past few days."

Minjeong assured with a smile as she approached the huge box nearby to put their phones inside. Soon, the staff gathered all the trainees in one particular place inside the school gym saying that the filming will commence.

"One... two... three...! We're rolling!"

The director said through the megaphone and the trainees immediately wore reactions as the MC for today

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter