49 | paradise

Idol Factory
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N:
Bold fonts with italics like Example in lyrics. Means that that part was sung by two or more members.

 

 

 

| Y/N

I've been so busy studying in school that even I forgot how I ended up winning a VIP ticket that got me situated in front of Idol Factory's main stage. Of course, with metal barriers and a bunch of guards dividing us from the contestants.

All I remember was waiting for UNet's ticket page to officially open, selling their tickets, and tapping the instant the page automatically refreshed.

I got lucky.

This brought me to the present— I'm probably about to experience the same feeling as the last time I watched their performances.

"Wow, look at you. I thought those weren't allowed."

Some girl next to me suddenly tapped me on the shoulder, and I turned to look at her.

"You're holding an expensive-looking camera... and there's a chibi golden retriever shirt under your jacket. Is Kim Minjeong your bias?"

"You bet!"

"Oh my god, do you wanna be friends? My bias is Yu Jimin, and my name's Lee Hyunseo!"

She suddenly introduced herself to me, and because I was overwhelmed by the loud crowd, I didn't think much about it and shook the hand she offered. Looks like I just found a bestie!

Promptly, Boa appeared onstage, looking as gorgeous as ever. The crowd went quiet because of this, listening attentively. She explained the voting rules as usual, even spoiling that something shocking had happened.

I wonder what it is? Hopefully, Minjeong went up the ranks or something good related to her.

Boa continued reading her cards until it was finally time to announce the first mystery performance. I remember voting for a song for each mystery team, which was fun. I was so into it and curious that I memorized the songs that won the polls.

Paradise
Cleopatra
Candy
Lemon

They didn't reveal who sang those songs exactly, but I'm familiar with one of them since it was sung by one of the EXO members, Baekhyun. And I'm actually looking forward to who got that song.

"Most of the songs except Candy were unfamiliar, huh?" Hyunseo said as she gazed at the stage with excitement.

"Well, it's us fans who voted on the page. Guess the majority of fans like us just liked the underrated ones."

「Without further or do... This is Paradise by Team 1. Please come out!」

The crowd cheered, causing me to cover my ears.

Out of utter excitement, Hyunseo placed a hand on my shoulder and started shaking me. "It's starting! It's starting!"

I couldn't do anything, so I merely laughed at this and prepared my camera's lens as soon as she calmed down. By then, the stage had darkened— and because I was close, I could see bits of movements from the staff and contestants.

Wait, is that a hammock? Tied to a realistic-looking palm tree?

Lost in my thoughts, I didn't realize that the stage had now lit up in a warm yet cozy environment. This snapped me out, exploring the scene with my eyes. Many palm trees and stuff can be seen at this beach-like stage, making up a Hawaiian atmosphere.

There were backup dancers, seemingly talking about something as they sat on beach mats under the umbrellas. The graphics on the big screen onstage portrayed an ocean and sand on the floor.

I couldn't see the rest of the team, but I saw someone by the stage's entrance, holding a khaki-colored fedora hat to hide her face. And because she had blonde hair and an average height, I knew it was my bias. The only difference was... she had long blonde hair.

Are those extensions?

With that ed blue Hawaiian t-shirt, a white shirt under, and white shorts, the simplicity got me screaming internally. Calling her beautiful would be an understatement. Tonight, she's beautiful and handsome!

The crowd around me that's been shouting Minjeong's name, giving praises, agrees so.

Immediately, I turned my camera to face her and took as many photos as possible. This is going to be posted on my fan page!

It wasn't until the crowd settled their cheers that the music started playing.

As the intro played, Minjeong finally revealed her face and acted as if she was patting sand off her clothes. She walked under a nearby tree, pulled luggage behind it, and started walking toward the backup dancers playing limbo.

Tell me whatever you want
Tell me what you want

She pointed at the crowd with that puppy-like smile, then to her as if asking if she was the one we wanted, causing the crowd t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter