30 | player 3

Idol Factory
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

| Minjeong

After all of the performances finished, us contestants were given a five-minute break before facing the stage once again to get the results. Not that I should be worried about it— I'm already excluded from the eliminations thanks to winning the first round.

Although, that wasn't a concern... I'm still scared of the possibility of losing this round since we're neck to neck with Jimin's team in terms of crowd favorites.

Moreover, the thought of the Goddess' challenge caused me to shudder while I was drying my hands with tissues. I'm in the bathroom, as usual. It's the only place without cameras and I needed to think about the situation I'm trapped in.

Time was running out. Winning and losing, the two don't really matter if I were to get the highest popularity votes among the contestants.

The probability of that happening? God, me winning that is nothing to the tiniest bit of one percent. I can't disregard the fact that Yeji and Ryujin exist. They're the monsters of popularity.

I sighed.

"Just hope for the best, I guess."

I mumbled to myself as I throw the tissues I used to dry my hands into the bin in the corner of the bathroom. When raising my head to look at myself in the mirror, it took me a moment to remember that I've been feeling icky.

It started while I was in the dressing room, getting ready. Because the plan was to become one with the backup dancers to surprise the audience, I asked the stylists to spray me with those temporary hair color sprays.

I sighed again, wanting to take a bath as soon as possible.

Promptly, the door opened as someone stepped into the bathroom and took the spot next to me to wash their hands. Raven-haired, black suit, and delicate skin. This girl looked at me as soon as she finished washing and reached for the tissue dispenser just to my left, causing me to step back.

"Hello." She smiled at me with a subtle bow before flawlessly throwing the tissue into the bin, "You were great by the way."

"Oh, ah... Thank you, Heejin."

I wasn't sure how to react since the compliment was sudden and I rarely take them well. Hence, I only returned the smile and bowed.

"You and your team were great as well."

"Thank you."

Nothing looked out of the ordinary. But, why does it feel weird?

This was the first time we ever interacted with each other and it feels strange— I'm pretending not to notice— Not to notice how Heejin was analyzing me like some alien who landed on earth.

It was then that she said something I would never have expected.

"Ahh~ Infinite potential? That sounds so overpowered but your status effect, damn!"

That caught me off guard and I flinched.

My eyes grew wide as my stare automatically stuck on her, I could feel myself looking paler because of the sudden turn of events.

I wasn't stupid and I expected something like this a few moments back. However, I didn't expect it to come so early.

A player within the contestants... I'm not sure if I should be glad or worried about it.

*DING*

[ The Goddess of Ent. is watching you with concern ]

You're concerned?!

Just, what does that even mean? I sighed again and that's the third time. This was noticed by Heejin who began to take steps toward me.

"No fricking way..." I mumbled in shock, slowly backing away from Heejin.

Heejin smirked, "The probability of you remaining yourself until the day you die is extremely low. The hopeless spark you have now will be corrupted and in the most... awful way there is."

Wha... What is she talking about all of the sudden? This genuinely got me confused as the eyes I stuck on her can't seem to flee.

Remaining by myself until the day I die...?

"Why— should I believe you?"

"Go ahead. Open my window."

Open status.

*DING*

And there it was.

The confirmation that she was indeed a player. She appeared to have more experience than me, it's obvious because of the high difference in our levels.

I was only at Lvl. 25 and the more I look at her window, the more I recognized the unique title she has been given.

Furthermore, her stats and bars were superior to the rest of the contestants— so why wasn't she ranked 1st or 2nd?

That's odd.

"I-"

I was going to say something but Heejin cut me off.

She chuckled, "Let's get acquainted, Kim Minjeong."

She offered a hand and all I could do was stare at it and gulp. After all, this meeting and revelation were abrupt and worrying.

Question. Descriptively, what is the attribute Future Sight and status effect Oblivious?

[ !!! Question denied due to the title (Mist) !!! ]

What the...

Not moving her han

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter