2 | system & interview

Idol Factory
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two hours.

That's how much Minjeong spent after finding out the illogical stuff that's been happening to her.

After having no idea of what to do with the floating interface in front of her vision, she immediately left the karaoke place to run back to her apartment.

Debut or die...

She still couldn't believe it, but after fiddling with the interface, saying a bunch of phrases like; Open window, stats, inventory, missions. She eventually found out how things worked and even experimented with them.

The webtoons she read helped a little bit too.

And since the stats weren't like your average RPG games yet with idol qualities in place, Minjeong was so sure. She was so sure that whoever created the system wanted to mess with her and force her to debut.

An idol... It never passed her mind.

She was the type to stay in the corner and watch them perform, keeping quiet. The type who invades their privacy and sells their information. Someone who brings those idols probable hard difficulties.

Although she was aware that this was a risky and cruel job. She remained silent and never cared about them, she just wanted the money to live peacefully, even if the world kept being unfair to her.

She never cared.

Minjeong did try to end herself once. However, that didn't end well since the rope she hung on the ceiling broke off, causing her to cough badly instead.

At that time, it just so happens that the grandma who took care of her in that orphanage suddenly called and shortly passed away. Requesting her to live well and enjoy it. Thus, resulting in this present.

That grandma was the only person Minjeong looked at as her family. The only person who cared for her. The old woman was generous enough to give her life finance and education till completing high school.

Minjeong was very thankful.

So she just couldn't let life kick her and settled on living just as how the older requested.

*DING*

Finished singing a song, just as how Minjeong thought the system would react. She placed down her phone on the coffee table and crossed her arms, carefully reading the interface that just popped up.

"Looks like my observations were correct..." she mumbled to herself while scratching the back of her ear.

Currently, she was exploring whatever the heck was happening and found out if she practiced a particular subject from the stats, the system would somehow record everything and earn her experience points.

All she had to do was practice like idols do.

Show achievements.

[ Achievements ]
Vocals: 1/10
Rap: 0/10
Dance: 0/10
Service: 0/10

Service...? Huh, what the hell is service?

With that question in thought, another window popped up.

[ Question ]
What the hell is service?

Minjeong raised her brows, slightly annoyed. "Wow... it really had to put what I said."

- Service is intimate or non-intimate actions taken alone or with another individual(s) to please the fans for their entertainment.

"So like... fan service?"

...

Minjeong groaned, "Question. Is service just fanservice?"

[ Question ]
Is service just fanservice?
- Affirmative.

Seeing the confirmation from the system. Minjeong was finally slowly getting used to it. Got even more interested and began to think of several questions to ask, with the first being;

"Question. Who created the system?"

She asked, only to get a glitched window as a loud ring suddenly passed through her ears. It was so deafening and abrupt that it stung in the head and caused her to plug her ears, close her eyes tight shut, and bury her face into the couch's pillow.

Minjeong yelled in pain.

"AAHHH!"

It lasted for three seconds.

The moment her ears recovered, Minjeong gradually opened her eyelids and sat up. There was still this faint beep ringing in her ears though was manageable enough for her to sit up straight.

Lesson learned.

Let's not ask about things we shouldn't be asking, Minjeong.

She shook her head, tilting it down to the side left and right, then slamming her ears lightly with the use of her palms in the hope those faint beeps she kept on hearing would disappear.

When it did thirty seconds later, Minjeong dropped her back on the backrest and closed her eyes. She felt really tired all of the sudden and the cause was probably because of that question.

"Haahh..." she sighed. "Do I really have no other choice?"

She questioned herself whilst grabbing the phone she left on the table and reluctantly tapping on a specific contact she had saved— Kim Taeyeon.

She stared at the contact for a good few seconds before pressing the dial.

"Hello? Who is this?"

"Sorry for the bother. This is the person you met back at the karaoke place."

"Oh, not at all!" Taeyeon cleared , "Why did you call? Have you finally decided?"

"Yeah." Minjeong pursed her lips, "I'll just take the opportunity..."

"Great! Then is it possible to have an interview with you tomorrow at 9 a.m?"

"I'll be there."

"I'll expect that, thank y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter