1 | data for sale

Idol Factory
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Life has always been hard for Kim Minjeong— No family, no friends, no money, no nothing. She was utterly useless.

In all of her nineteen years of living, nothing interesting has ever happened. Well, she did rank number one in every grade but was not that thrilling for her.

So she decided to quit and drop out of college.

What can you do with high grades when you're not happy?

Minjeong's life has always been miserable and boring.

She tried various things to do yet got nothing good in return. Compared to her past classmates who were average, they seemed to be doing better than ever.

One of the seniors who used to bully her all the time and had terrible marks was even able to finish her education and ended up being a rich businesswoman.

Life was truly unfair.

You always had to roll the dice and hope that it lands on a five or six.

"Life is unfair..."

Minjeong muttered as she was curled up on the dirty mattress that haven't been washed in who knows what.

The tiny, cheap, dirty apartment that she was living in was all she had left. Maybe a few bucks inside her bank account, though she hasn't seen it in a while so there must be nothing but dust.

It's been a long heck of a time since she cleaned the apartment. She wanted to do it but found no motivation and was solely lying on the mattress thinking of what to do next.

Of course, there was nothing in mind.

Minjeong turned to lie on her back and stare at the cracked ceiling, lights were dim and flickering from time to time.

She suddenly wondered why she was still alive and quickly realized the bad things she's been doing to some people— for money.

No.

She wasn't selling drugs or killing anybody.

But invading some particular peoples' privacy and selling them to whoever would buy them for a good price.

Her best clients were perhaps customers from a company named Dispatch.

They are straightforward people and would buy good information at Minjeong's desired price.

She might have caused a lot of people some bad circumstances, some even ending themselves which possibly be her fault.

Despite this, she never cared and needed the cash. Money is money. It was the only thing that's been taking care of her since the very moment she knew that she had no family.

Later, Minjeong stood up and weakly made her way towards the bathroom as she cursed herself. She was about to turn on the faucet to wash her face and maybe look for a job after until she suddenly fell down.

"Ugh! ...."

Minjeong clenched her teeth as she swore out of reflex at the unbelievable situation. Running a hand through her hair, she looked at her reflection in the mirror.

God... I look terrible.

She began to laugh mockingly. The reflection showed how miserable she looked— clear eyebags, messy long hair, and a bad case of acne. Not that she naturally looked like this, rather she remembered how higher than average her looks was.

But it's been decades, so it never passed her mind.

Finally turning the faucet, Minjeong washed her face and wiped it with a towel. When stepping out of the bathroom to the living room, she instantly saw the trainwreck in front of her.

"I should really clean this trash of a place..."

With that in thought, a buzz from her phone was suddenly felt causing her to take it out and check whatever it was.

A message from one of her regular customers.

~

XXXXXX

Hey, you got anything good for a big scoop?
5:39 am

What do you have in mind?
5:39 am

Hmm, I don't know...
You got any dating scandals?
5:40 am

I do. Where do you wanna meet?
5:40 am

The usual place.
5:40 am

I'll see you there.
5:41 am

~

Sliding her phone back into her pocket, Minjeong huffed and opened her closet for a change of clothes. She wore a white tank top with a blue jacket over, black jogging pants.

And to hide her identity whenever having these kinds of transactions, she hid her face with a black mask coupled with a pair of thick glasses, tied her hair into a bun, and wore a cap.

On the coffee table, she grabbed her camera and wore the strap around her shoulder.

She made sure everything was locked before going outside and making her way to the mentioned place, which was the very top floor of Dispatch's building that was only a few minutes away from her apartment.

Arriving inside the place was easy as pie. The guards already knew her identity— not what was underneath, thus was able to pass the employees with great ease.

"Ah! There you are, it's been a while. How are you?"

Minjeong was greeted by the customer yet remained silent, not uttering a word.

"Oh... I forgot. You never really talk. Scared of people finding out your identity just by the way you talk, ey?"

The customer laughed and playfully patted the girl's back. Minjeong was quite annoyed by this and displayed a crooked expression behind the disguise.

"Anyway, you probably want to leave as soon as possible."

You don't say...

"Let's get to the point!" The customer cleared his throat, "I don't care which idol couple it is, name your price."

Just as Minjeong wanted, a smile curled from her lips. She started to type on her phone and presented her screen to the customer.

[ ₩400,000 ]

The customer raised his brows, "Ain't that a bit too much?"

Groaning, Minjeong rolled her eyes and typed on her phone once more.

[ They're both girls from the same idol group. I'll let you know that they're very famous. ]

The customer was quick to flinch at what he just heard. Such thing in the industry has always been speculated but was never confirmed due to the lack of evidence, and here Minjeong was, telling him the unbelievable.

Well, Minjeong was one of those top-tier data sellers in the industry among data collectors so the customer wasn't that surprised though was still dumbfounded.

He wouldn't have expected it actually to occur so suddenly. A part of him felt really guilty knowing this fact, especially the way the girl mentioned how it was a popular girl group.

It could lead the poor girls to their great downfall.

However, half has this immense urge of wanting to release it to the p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter