11 | i... we will shine

Idol Factory
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

On the stage the flashing lights assembled together like a milky way, making it look like a giant star. In the middle of the stage, the ninety-nine trainees stood under the lights.

Then the intro of Idol Factory's theme song (History Maker) started playing.

The participants turned back one by one and the camera took action. Everyone on stage queued their poses as the camera turned upwards to get a better view of the whole stage.

Minjeong was placed within the fourth front row along with nine other trainees next to each other. Their overall standing looked like a diamond and the stage floor coursed like galaxies.

At the very front of the diamond stood the first ranker, Shin Ryujin. It was the benefit of a first placer. Behind her, stretching at the very back of the line, the trainees were placed by ranks.

Minjeong thought it was a loss since this theme stage would surely have a huge impact. Even so, again, it couldn't be helped and as long as she survives— everything is fine.

With that in thought, the first lines finally came in. Everyone on stage wore their smiles and began lip-syncing to the music, dancing in unison.

We are makers, girls who will shine brightly
Look at me, we are creators
Do you feel me? Listen to my song
Watch me shine, singing this melody (Let's go!)

Several cameras came into motion, moving around the dancing contestants. During the performance, Minjeong swore that she has never smiled this long before.

Her lips were hurting, hoping that the song would stop as soon as possible.

The positions now were gradually transforming into a star. When the pre-chorus started, the lighting changed and the rankers ranging from 1st-30th appeared from left, right, and front sides.

The color of the wind, the blueness of the sky
Everything up until now has looked so dazzling
Yeah yeah yeah, It's our time to shine!
At our usual place, on this stage.

Step by step, thanks to her dancing stat being C+. The choreography was much easier since the time she began learning it. Her movements felt light as a feather, arms and legs were easier to haul, and her expression not even so slightly cracking.

Though it wasn't that magnificent it was certainly higher than average. She improved so much that the vocal coach who happened to pass by the set in the far distance noticed this and kept an eye on the latter.

At the beginning of the chorus, the rest of the lower rankers appeared from behind.

One step, ma-ma-ma-makers!
Two-step, ma-ma-ma-makers!
The sound of you coming (Look at me)
It's dazzling, a paradise by your side (Let's see)

"Pfft, Jihye's going to be so surprised..."

Jieun mumbled to herself before continuing her steps and leaving the area.

Don't hesitate, give me your hand
Now I'm going into the new world~
Our blinding stage (Yeah yeah yeah)
Witness our reality, we are history makers.

 

 

A few hours after the theme song's recording. Minjeong was exhausted, her stamina wasn't really doing her well since yesterday's pain. That's why she immediately went back with her teammates inside the dorm to recharge.

As her teammates were restless about the upcoming performance, Minjeong was inside the bedroom sleeping. She requested the others to wake her up two hours before the mentioned performance.

"After this... we won't be seeing each other that much the next whole week, huh?" Aeri pouted her lips in disappointment.

Somi shrugged, "I mean, we could still see each other if y'all down to hang."

Yujin smiled, "Then why don't we watch the first episode tomorrow altogether?" she looked at everyone who nodded their heads without hesitation. "Great! Now, all we have to ask is Minjeongie when she wakes up."

Aeri chuckled, "She became really tired since yesterday. She asked me for some sugar too, so I gave her two bars of chocolate."

Jimin slightly tilted her head in thought, "I guess it's because she's been pulling out all-nighters the past week. Three days, I think... whenever I pass by the dance studio at 5:30, she's always there. Even the mirrors turned foggy."

Somi clapped her hands in awe, "That's what I call determination. Ya guys think coach Jihye's words got into her?"

Yujin sighed, "Who knows? I just hope that she'll be fine when doing the performance... we've been working so hard."

With that idea engraved into the four girls' thoughts, they all sighed in unison. Yet that worrying atmosphere was quickly overshadowed by Aeri's natural bright energy as she stood up and began doing jumping jacks out of nowhere.

"What the..." Jimin couldn't help but blurt that out.

The two other sunshines were confused at the sight and looked at each other in the eyes before deciding to join the Japanese and do jumping jacks as well.

"One...! Two...! Three...!!"

They counted in unison.

"We can do it!" Aeri pumped up the air.

"Yes!!!" Somi and Yujin yelled.

Jimin was stunned, promptly bursting out in laughter. She wanted to join in, but due to her shyness, she wasn't able to and settled with watching the three do their usual thing.

 

 

| Minjeong

No good.

I'm still tired. My head feels heavy and my neck is stiff. Yujin recently woke me up, telling me how she and the others will go ahead and walk to the set a few blocks away to prepare for the performance.

This is a big problem. I don't want to let everyone down just because of this stupid fatigue. The tiredness has finally caught up with my body, no doubt.

I've been so weirded out that I rarely felt tired after using the (Sleepless Nights) skill, I'm guessing it has its unknown side e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter