24 | plans & distractions

Idol Factory
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

「We are makers, girls who will shine brightly. I'm sure all of you are aware of this line— it's the first line of the theme song. And that's going to be the concept of the second mission.」

!!!

「As an idol, it's a must to have the ability to make an unknown song blow up. Well, rationally, it's not needed. But it increases the chances of your group gaining as much popularity as possible.」

While those words flashback into Minjeong's mind, inside what seemed like a pitch-black abyss. Two windows were floating before her eyes.

She couldn't help but gulp and gaze at the intriguing choices. A permanent skill? That could benefit her greatly, depending on what skill she would earn.

But what's with the Ent. Goddess, all of a sudden? Something was up since she rarely reached out like this to offer a permanent skill. Minjeong's gut felt terrible, and she didn't like it.

「So, to choose an almost unknown song among the unpopular groups, your primary mission is to blow it up. To shine brightly, those who have the most votes globally. Will win this round, good luck!」

Scratching the back of her head, Minjeong sat down on the black barrier-like floor and stared at the windows for a long moment. Then, she began to think of the possibilities. Two things appeared in her mind.

One, if she were to accept the offer and win the challenge. Then, depending on the skill, there's a might that she could use it for the competition— like a cheat card. This thought caused Minjeong's lips to curl up.

Whereas, two, the smile on her face instantly disappeared. If she fails the challenge, there's a big chance that the penalties wouldn't be as easy. Maybe revoking four levels? Could be anything.

But then again, what made the Goddess reach out to her like this? Could the mysterious entity be playing with her? Minjeong groaned as she stood up and eyed the [No] option reluctantly.

"Damn, okay. Screw it."

Covering her eyes with a hand yet looking through a small gap, Minjeong pressed the [Yes] option and watched the windows dissipate into the black air in replacement of a mission window.

[ I'm The Best ]
Upon completing the challenge, the player will receive a random S-tier skill.
+ Condition: Win the second round's mission or individual votes.
+ Penalty: Chosen stat will reset to F- rank.

F rank?!

Isn't that a bit too much? Now it has become real. If she loses this one, she may have to give up a stat from her current to F. It was a dangerous gamble because earning experience was getting harder the more she levels up.

Well, that . Minjeong scratched her cheek inhabit and breathed out a sigh of discomfort. There was nothing she could do. Nevertheless, she bore the challenge, and it was only fair to face the punishment.

The minute it vanished, the plain abyss began to shatter like glass, and Minjeong found herself back inside the bathroom within the blink of an eye.

And after gathering her proper thoughts, she looked at herself in the mirror, fixed her hair, and stepped out to meet with her teammates in the living room. They were in the middle of discussing what concept to take and match with the song they received.

"What did I miss?"

Minjeong asked as she sat next to Ryujin, who offered her so. To her left, Yeji appeared to be in a state of complexity and dropped her head on Minjeong's shoulder.

"Mindeongie, we're in big trouble. We can't seem to find a concept that would fit the song."

"Yeah, the others probably have an idea of their own now." Ryujin nodded her head in agreement, "We need to win! Or else it'll be a mockery since we're high rankers."

"Ah, I see."

That was all Minjeong could say. Then, while she looked around the room to observe her teammates hanging their heads in deep thought, she raised a hand.

"I have an idea if y'all willing to take the difficulty..."

And everyone immediately raised their heads to look at Minjeong. All eyes were on her, and the latter could sense herself feeling a bit embarrassed. But remained unfazed.

Yuna's eyes lit up as she loved to take any challenge on, "How hard?"

Yizhuo chuckled nervously, "Just a heads up, I'm not the best dancer out there."

"Well..." Minjeong broke her expressionless face and smirked, "Can any of you play the flute?"

Everyone looked at each other in confusion as almost all of them shook their heads aside from Yuna. Then, with a smile of curiosity, she asked, "What for?"

"How about you and I make a short trip to the instrument room?"

 

 

10:20 p.m

Next in line was changing the arrangement of the song. It was to suit Minjeong's idea, and the one who will be helping her with that is Yizhuo. As a pro gamer, she had a lot of experience in tech. Thus, making it easy to fiddle around with the recording equipment.

Since music was also her thing, she had knowledge of creating songs, which was a relief. And it was unfortunate that everyone else on the team was good to nothing regarding this type of stuff.

"Gah! We're blessed!" Ryujin was overreacting as she clasped her hands together in relief.

Yeji laughed as she gave the latter a soft punch on the shoulder, "Don't be happy just yet. This is only the beginning of what we're about to slam with." she nodded toward Yuna in the corner. "Look, our maknae is having a hard time with the flute."

Everyone glanced over to Yuna, who was indeed having a hard time. They all couldn't suppress themselves but laugh (except Minjeong), w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter