58 | episode four

Idol Factory
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Jiminjeong! Jiminjeong! Jiminjeong! Jiminjeong! Jiminjeong!"

As the two girls stood in front of the cheering crowd, panting beautifully, waiting for the lights to go dim, Minjeong abruptly felt the pain lingering inside her legs get stronger.

This is bad.

Due to the pain, the world around her suddenly slowed down. Waiting for the lights to go dim felt like an eternity... standing onstage like this felt like an eternity.

Forcing the same expression on her face to remain as the crowd continued to cheer, Minjeong's hands began to sweat. There was no other explanation— the injury transfer is about to wear off and Minjeong needed to get off the stage as soon as possible.

Well, after all of the things that happened these past few days, Minjeong was happy enough to have performed with Jimin. Of course, the past performance with the other contestants was fun. But, with Jimin, it just felt amazing.

It was different.

Minjeong was one hundred percent sure that they'd win this round thanks to the chemistry and her personal skill from the system onstage. She took advantage of it.

It was certain that she and her girlfriend earned the crowd's favorite title too.

Nonetheless, she had already predicted that something like this would happen— and it looks like it was already waving at her.

Just then, the stage was finally getting darker and it was at the same time Minjeong's vision began to fuzzily deteriorate. It felt like her legs were getting crushed into pieces, throbbing nonstop.

When the stage was dark enough, she grabbed Jimin's hand, took off both their mics, and whispered.

"Jimin, don't panic... but I think I'm going to pass out."

"...What?"

"My legs... head hurt... so much..."

Minjeong said in a faint voice as she suddenly fell forward into Jimin's arms with a red face, sweating. At that moment, Jimin took a deep breath and carried her girlfriend in a bridal way backstage.

When the staffs caught sight of them, they immediately called the medical team and brought Minjeong to the clinic area with a stretcher.

It didn't take long for the other contestants to notice and approach Jimin who had a worried look on her face. Maybe it'll give her more screentime, but at the same time, she just couldn't suppress the feeling.

Because it's Minjeong, she's going to be fine.

Jimin thought to herself with a nod and sighed.

Somi frowned, "Did she overwork herself again?"

Jimin pursed her lips and shook her head slowly, "I don't know. Sometimes, she's just too secretive."

Instead of looking worried like everyone else, Aeri puts up a smile and placed a hand on Jimin's shoulder to squeeze softly. "But, don'cha guys think this is a good sign for her?"

"What?"

Everyone said in unison, causing Aeri to chuckle. After calming herself while analyzing the situation, she cleared and continued.

"Since the very beginning, she had no experience. Because of that, I bet she had more misfortunes and worked twice as hard compared to us. And if she didn't, she wouldn't have worked all the way up to where she is now, right?"

"...So, she's been overworking herself all of this time." Ryujin slammed a fist on her palm as she got the idea, "How admirable... It might've looked fine and easy outside, but when no one's looking, she's doing her best to catch up with us."

Yizhuo smiled, "Not gonna lie, she's so cool for that."

Everyone agreed.

"But... what's going to happen to her now?" Yuna couldn't help but tilt her head in thought.

Keeping a calm face, Jimin sighed again. "I wonder."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

| Minjeong

- OH MY GOD!!! I can't believe this happened! Kim Minjeong was my absolute favorite in the show. She had such talent and potential. I'm so devastated to see her eliminated like this... UNet u bchhhhh 😭😭😭
   └ I know right?! It's such a shock! She deserved to be in the debut lineup. I'm really curious about the reason behind her elimination ㅠㅠㅠㅠ
       └ UNet must've manipulated something again. This is so unfair 😡

- I can't imagine the show without her. She had the whole package: talent, charm, and stage presence. This is a huge loss for the show!
   └  It's frustrating to see such a talented contestant being eliminated. She had a real chance of winning the whole thing. I hope this doesn't discourage her from pursuing her dreams ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ
   └ Our star puppy deserved so much better. She worked so hard, went from zero to badass, and had a special connection with the fans ㅠㅠㅠㅠ

- Wow, the producers of Idol Factory really made a big mistake letting go of Kim Minjeong. She had a strong fanbase and brought something fresh and exciting to the competition. I hope this decision gets reconsidered 🤞
   └ Absolutely! I can't understand why they would eliminate her when she had so much potential. This just goes to show that sometimes the show's decisions don't align with the fans' wishes 🙄
   └ She probably brought in more viewers thanks to the banana-cha-cha and spicy chicken incident... come on, I love her so much 😭
       └ fr tho ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

It's been a week ever since I got eliminated from the show and twenty-two hours since the release of this web article as well as episode four of Idol Factory. And because the remaining contestants were still in the middle of filming for episode five, I was mostly at home alone with Gre.

Seated on a couch, I'm currently reading the comments regarding my departure from the show and it seemed like I gained a lot more supporters than I thought I would.

Most of them were about hating UNet for suddenly eliminating me along with theories on why they did. I was eliminated with contestants, Wang Yiren, Choi Yuna, Kim Jimin, and Moon Sua— who mysteriously left the show on her own accord after being dealt with by Aeri.

It's making me curious about what she did to that girl, but as long as it ended without any more injuries... I'm glad everything worked out. Phew, that's the (Goddess of Ent.) for you.

Speaking of injuries, my legs still feel numb and I can't walk. Due to this pain-in-the- situation, Taeyeon comes by every once in a while to check up on me. I told her not to bother yet she still insisted.

It's a relief Gre wasn't a normal dog— he takes care of me from time to time. What a good boy.

However, isn't it strange? I feel strange. I'm not sure if it's because of the high senses I gained from the system, but I feel like she's someone very important to me... what is it?

"Minjeongie, the food is inside the fridge. Just heat it up."

I turned my back to look at the entrance, seeing Taeyeon pop into her white shoes. "Where are you going? Are you guys done filming?"

Taeyeon gazed at me with a teasing smirk, "Wow, look at your eyes sparkling... do you miss Jimin that much?"

"I mean... I do, but that wasn't even on my mind! I was asking for system purposes!"

"Okay okay, sorry. Your reactions are just really cute

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter