37 | if only you knew

Idol Factory
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Because if I admit that I feel weird around you too, then it'll be a game over for me!!!"

Frustration rushed through her veins as Minjeong bit the inside of her cheeks after unintentionally shouting. It was the heat of the moment and Jimin only peered at the latter with widened eyes, a glint of hope yet confusion present.

Minjeong's heart has been throbbing so hard that her breath paced faster. They stared at each other for a few seconds until the shorter broke away and turned to face the doorway.

"We're still in the middle of the competition and what's happening right now is being a distraction. I don't even know why you're telling me all of this... I don't know what your motive is but— it's making me want to hold back. And if I hold back, I don't think I can bring myself to beat you if the time where we face off one on one happens."

Minjeong gritted her teeth, a hand clenching onto her pants.

"I don't want to lose."

I knew it. I knew how creating such bonds like this would be a huge problem. At first, I thought it was alright. But this... just- I wasn't normal like everyone else to begin with.

She snickered at the thought before glancing at Jimin. The idea of having death chase her ever since she grabbed that mic in the karaoke place. That was the sole reason why she's even competing in the first place.

I don't want to die.

If only Jimin knew.

Minjeong wished she could tell her so none of this wouldn't be a problem. And maybe, just maybe, she would've taken a good distance and not feel like this around Minjeong. Or was it because of their first interaction?

What would've happened if Minjeong decided to ignore her? The shorter pondered before taking a deep breath and spoke in a quivering tone.

"Jimin, out of all the obstacles I faced within the competition. You are the biggest threat yet."

She let out a snort and didn't say any more. Minjeong didn't wait for Jimin to speak and quietly left the bedroom where she met Gre who appeared to be listening to the conversation the whole time.

Minjeong didn't spare a glance to look at the husky though heard him whimper as if trying to stop her from leaving the apartment.

Wouldn't it be just better to talk properly? She thought about it but chose not to. Solely because of how Minjeong couldn't face Jimin right now— and if she did, she was afraid of doing something that may truly hold herself back.

This weird feeling. Minjeong didn't need it and it was only becoming a huge hurdle to her original plans. Everything was going so well and she was progressing so fast. Well, not until this week began and she became much closer and fonder of Jimin.

Minjeong almost forgot her priorities. And this very occurrence might as well be her turning point to start and go back on track.

To get as much experience as possible, rank up, gain a good amount of fans, and finally, debut. Therefore, evading the outbreak which was the very reason all of this happened.

With these thoughts flooding her mind, Minjeong ended up standing in front of the one and only karaoke place where everything began.

Since it was 2 a.m, the streets were empty and Minjeong was glad that she could freely roam around without worrying about wearing a mask. Her eyes lingered on the structure in front of her with nostalgia.

It's been a while.

She never bothered coming ever since the outbreak and settled with locking herself in from the outside world and grinding for experience. Because her apartment was a no-go and recently decided to live with Jimin for a while, this was the next best option for ranking up.

The tiredness she had earlier disappeared after the situation with Jimin. Hence, Minjeong took advantage of it and planned on leveling up till she can't take it anymore.

To go back to where her fast progression was.

This karaoke place, in particular, was the best in the city too. It was open for twenty-four hours which was popular among office workers who work out late and decided to let loose.

It was a marvel how there were still people in the building as she could see the flashing colorful lights on the upper floors through the glass windows. A bunch of high schoolers partying and singing their hearts out.

Minjeong chuckled, recalling how she once went to a similar event in high school but ended up leaving early due to how she wasn't a people person. Curfew didn't exist in places like this.

Police inspections were rare anyway.

As she remember a few events in high school, Minjeong smiled the second she saw the person who stood behind the counter, reading a book that seemed to be a rom-com novel.

Minjeong spared no more time and approached him

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter