33 | my dog likes you

Idol Factory
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The rushing voices of the customers and clanking of plates and utensils. Minjeong sat at a table by the very corner of a noodle shop that wasn't too far away from the window that showed how the workers make their noodles.

Just across from her, was Taeyeon. The older asked where Minjeong would like to eat and this was her choice. It was a noodle shop by the seaside where most of its customers are fishermen.

It wasn't that particularly famous. In fact, it was purposely hidden. The main reason why Minjeong chose this place was that it held a good memory of her childhood.

"Wow." Taeyeon lingered her eyes around the lively atmosphere, "How did you even know this place? I've never seen anything like it."

Minjeong smiled at the thought, "Before I was taken to an orphanage, a kind old lady who became my grandmother, later on, saw me starving on the streets and took me here to eat."

"Wait, so you're from here? Jeju?"

Minjeong scratched her cheek, chuckling nervously. "Yeah, but I never considered it home. Never in a million years."

Seeing the younger frown, Taeyeon was about to apologize until an old lady holding a notepad approached them with a suspicious look.

"I've never seen you two here before." She laughed lightly, amused by how these two managed to get into this hidden place. "May I know who recommended this place to you?"

Taeyeon gestured a hand toward Minjeong, "She brought me here."

"Oh?"

The old lady turned her gaze to the younger who was giving out a warm smile. She was confused for a second until Minjeong bowed in greeting, calling her by her nickname.

"Granny T, it's been a while!"

That's when the old lady recognized the girl's puppy-like smile and pulled her in for a tight hug, "Aigooo!~ Minjeong?!" she pulled away to analyze the latter from top to bottom. "Geez, this isn't the child I've always seen in tattered clothes. You've grown up so much..."

"Hehe, didn't I?" Minjeong grinned cheekily, "You'll give me extra noodles, right right?"

The old lady patted the younger's head and Minjeong chuckled, "Of course."

Witnessing Minjeong in a new light, Taeyeon couldn't help but smile and watch the two interact. The girl just never mentioned anyone in her life, so Taeyeon always wondered if she was all alone. But, it looks like that wasn't the case.

"So what can I get this gorgeous friend of yours?"

"No, but thank you." Taeyeon smiled at the compliment and shook her head in denial, "And I'll get whatever you recommend me."

"Okay, then I'll be back in a few minutes."

With that, the old lady went back into the kitchen and the two girls continued with their conversation. Taeyeon asked how old Minjeong was when she was found and the latter replied that she was only five years old.

This made Taeyeon purse her lips and Minjeong assured her that it was fine to ask since it could be good material for the program, the younger winked.

"Because I'm one of the editors. Are you up to me?"

Minjeong snickered as she playfully averted her gaze and whistled, "I don't know what you're talking about."

Taeyeon laughed.

"It's my turn to ask." Minjeong crossed her arms and placed them on the table, "Why did you choose broadcasting and journalism? As a career, I mean."

Unbeknownst to Taeyeon, Minjeong has been observing her status while in the middle of their conversation. There, she saw how all of her stats were above B+ while the vocals and visuals caught her attention for ranking S+.

She could've been a celebrity.

However, that question brought a sad smile to Taeyeon's face as she answered, "I studied broadcasting and journalism just so I could look for my younger sister. It was easier that way since it was a career related to the buzz around the country. Possibly, global too."

"Oh... Well, did you find her?"

Taeyeon shook her head, "Not a chance. The police and search team I've sent out declared that she was dead two years ago. So, I chose to give in and accept reality."

She paused before adding, chuckling.

"I guess we were both orphans."

"Oh." Minjeong raised her brows, "I'm sorry." she unconsciously pouted her lips.

Taeyeon solely cooed at the sight and laughed, "It's fine!"

She ruffled the younger's hair and it was the same time the old lady came back with their bowl of noodles, saving them from what could've been an awkward situation.

Then, giving the old lady one more hug Minjeong decided to dig in immediately and taste the nostalgia she's been craving. Grabbing her chopsticks, she carefully brought the bowl up to her chin and took a big slurp.

"Oh my god, so gooooodddd~~~"

She sighed in contentment as Taeyeon watched her, maintaining a smile. Promptly, the older grabbed her chopsticks and sipped on the broth before slurping a good amount of noodles.

It was hot and sour, completely different from what the usual she eats back in Seoul. The sourness was so good that it gives you this addictive feeling of wanting more and the noodles were freshly made, having just the right amount of chewiness.

This taste was on another unique level and Taeyeon was amused.

She didn't hesitate to continue eating as Minjeong smirked at her, telling her to not simply tell this place to her coworkers since it was sacred.

"Only special people are invited."

Taeyeon sipped on her water before countering, "I'm special?"

"Yes."

Taeyeon didn't expect to get a blunt answer and paused eating. Minjeong then raised a thumb, smiling at her so brightly like she hasn't to anyone else.

"You don't know how much you've changed my life."

 

 

A day later, Minjeong was finally back in Seoul and is currently fiddling with the system to double-check everything. She was now Lvl. 26 while her lowest stat was rap being a D+ and her highest, vocals with S-.

It looked like she didn't need to invest points in visuals anymore since it'll automatically rank up whenever she decides to do something good with her appearance. The

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter