35 | never have i ever

Idol Factory
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Is that all?"

Jimin asked as she watched Minjeong bring in two rollaboard luggage into her bedroom, settling them in the very corner of the room. Promptly, the shorter pulled out her phone to check if there was anything left back in her apartment, then answered.

"Uhuh, just my clothes and necessities."

"What about Gre?"

"Ah, him..." Minjeong forced out a chuckle, lying. "I brought him to the groomers, I'll fetch him later."

"Well, that's surprisingly few."

"And I keep it like that." Minjeong crouched down to look for her charger in one of the luggage, "It's neater and easier." she said while plugging her charger into the outlet behind the nightstand to charge her phone.

"As expected..."

"Hm?"

"Nothing." Jimin laughs lightly while shaking her head, "It's just, you have always been an easy roommate."

Minjeong smirked, "You're awfully observant of me."

"I'm not going to deny that." Jimin sat down on the edge of her bed and took out her phone as if trying to scroll through something, "You have this myysssteerious aura surrounding you that's making me want to find out more about you and it makes me feel excited."

Surprised by the revelation, Minjeong gazed at the taller who retreated her eyes away from her phone's screen to look at her.

She pursed her lips before adding, "I want to get to know you better."

Looking at Minjeong with intent, silence quickly swept across the room. Jimin's expression was obscure, though the shorter could determine that it was 70% sincere and 30% embarrassed...?

Minjeong wasn't sure if it was because of Jimin's light makeup but her cheeks were slightly tinted in pink. Seeing such a sight almost caused her calm expression to fleet away and smile.

But before that could happen, the shorter was quick to turn away, in hopes of hiding her visage. She closed her eyes for a good second to clear her mind and returned to her tranquil expression, clearing .

"Okay, let's get to know each other better starting today..."

With that being said, Jimin's eyes lit up as a glint of joy and relief had taken over her. Although that face of hers was faint, Minjeong was analyzing the taller akin to an eagle looking at its hatchlings out of curiosity.

Why does she look so relieved after saying that? Minjeong pondered while she unwittingly landed her gaze on the wall clock, scratching her cheek in habit.

"Jimin, what do you want to eat?"

Realizing what the shorter said, Jimin glanced at the clock and lowered her head in thought. She recalled how good Minjeong was as a cook, she can practically cook anything and a lot of dishes popped up in her mind.

Jimin was thinking so deliberately that Minjeong crossed her arms and chuckled tenderly at the latter's pouty appearance. She coughed to click the taller back to her senses and suggested.

"To get to know you, since we're starting today— what's your favorite?"

"Mm, it changes a lot. But I do love burgers right now, I think we have enough ingredients in the kitchen."

"Then a burger it is."

Now decided with the dish, Minjeong walked toward the kitchen and Jimin tailed after to sit down on the living room couch. Her apartment was so luxurious and it had so much space that the kitchen can be seen just behind where she sat, divided by sliding glass panels.

Since Minjeong's blonde hair currently reached her shoulders, she was able to tie it with a small rubber band from her pocket and proceeded to familiarize herself with the kitchen.

Then, she grabbed the white apron from the hook racks to wear and began looking for the ingredients. This compelled Jimin as she turned around and rested her arms on top of the backrest, watching attentively.

From the way, Minjeong grounded and pounded the meat, prepared the buns, cut the veggies, and everything else of how to make your typical burger— Jimin was like a cat waiting to be fed.

She ended up like that the whole hour until Minjeong finished and placed the burger as big as her widespread hand on the coffee table in front of Jimin, playfully bowing like a European butler.

"Lunch is served, m'lady."

Jimin just laughed at her cute antics and rolled her eyes while kicking the latter lightly on the leg. Minjeong laughed too, she walked back to the kitchen to get the burger she made for herself and sat down next to the taller.

As they both started eating, Jimin was amazed as usual and gave the shorter a thumbs up. The veggies were perfectly cut and put into the bun accordingly, while the burger itself was juicy and simply delicious.

"Why are you so good?"

Minjeong swallowed her food before answering, "I have a friend who likes to watch me behind the shadows. He's a chef and we met wayyyy back when I was in middle school, taught me how to cook, even took on the job I was supposed to do when I got scouted."

Jimin took a small bite of her burger, "What do you mean by behind the shadows?"

"Oh, he's like top secret. Doesn't want to get recognized ever since I got into the program... He said it'd be controversial."

She emphasized the word controversial with her fingers.

"Sounds like he's a celebrity."

"I don't know."

"Ehh..."

Minjeong glanced at the taller who was looking at her with interest, snickering. "I'll tell you about him soon."

 

 

The moment 8 p.m came, Jimin used the black convertible she almost left to dust in the parking lot building to drive toward Aeri's apartment. Amidst the drive, she got surprised when Minjeong was too comfortable in the passenger's seat and reached a hand to press one of the buttons that hovered the roof.

As far as she knew, Minjeong didn't have a lot and struggled. So it was a wonder how she appeared to know the car's capabilities and glanced at her from time to time.

And when they stopped at a red light, Jimin raised a brow and asked her about it.

"Kakao taxi, I drove a convertible once and did a part-time job on that."

"Kim Minjeong-nim, th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter