13 | workout buddy

Idol Factory
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

All of the performances finally finished. The contestants were now required to go onstage once more to interact with the audience, Minjeong doubted that anyone would recognize her but unexpectedly a lot did.

She was being too humble.

"Minjeong-noona!!! Here!!!"

A fan shouted with all his might and Minjeong was quick to turn her head. While looking at the fan, she pointed an index finger at her chest to confirm if she was the one being called.

The fan responded with rapid nods before pointing at his camera, indicating that he wanted to take photos of her. Minjeong showed her calm expression as usual but felt slightly embarrassed since she wasn't that acquainted with being the camera's subject.

She was so used to being the one taking other people's photos that she almost never experienced being the subject. Selfies were fine, but an expensive camera like this fan held just felt different.

So when the fan directed the camera in her way, looking through the viewfinder. Minjeong pouted her lips to hide her uneasiness and eventually fell into a soft smile, her hand slowly rising posed in a peace sign.

In midst of this, confetti began to fall down on stage and some of the trainees started to play with them, playfully catching every piece that fell their way. This was the moment the fan pulled away from the viewfinder and bowed his head at a ninety-degree angle.

"Onward!"

Yujin's voice suddenly passed behind Minjeong's back, making her turn around only to see the latter riding on Somi's back, running around the stage while waving at the fans.

Minjeong giggled at the sight unconsciously. Two people caught her giggling, and it was Aeri and Jimin.

The two approached Minjeong as Aeri hooked an arm around the latter and smiled whilst Jimin snapped a photo of the two with a phone that seemed to belong to a fan among the crowd.

The picture turned out well for the Japanese as she was smiling brightly while Minjeong was looking lost and confused, causing Jimin to chuckle before giving back the device to the owner within the crowd.

"I hope that turned out well!" Aeri yelled so Jimin could hear her voice since the stage was really loud.

"Don't worry, It did." Instead of yelling, Jimin merely spoke near Aeri's ear.

"Hey, guys!"

Somi with Yujin still on her back approached the three, proposing a race at the end of the stage before the staff decides to call them which Aeri agreed and offered her back so one of the other two could ride on her back.

Jimin shook her head, "I don't wanna die in your hands, Aeri."

Aeri only responded with a laugh and requested Minjeong to ride instead. Certainly, the latter was hesitant because she had never ridden someone's back before, the last time being was when her grandma used to take care of her at the age of seven.

Missing this, she reluctantly approached Aeri and wrapped her arms around the neck to ride on her back only to regret it instantly when the latter began to jump playfully.

"Y-Yah!!!"

Her calm expression faltered and was replaced with fear. Jimin crossed her arms and began to laugh, soon the other two sunshines followed. Minjeong was repeatedly patting on Aeri's back with medium force, telling her to stop or they might fall.

"7th sense group!! Please look over here!!!"

That stopped Aeri's movements and Minjeong sighed in relief. She and her teammates turned to face the culprit of the voice and it was another fan holding a camera.

That's when Minjeong took the opportunity to jump off Aeri's back and hide behind Jimin, glaring.

"Minjeongie, you're no fun!"

Minjeong didn't respond and whispered to Jimin's ears, "You weren't kidding about dying." and the taller chuckled.

Yujin also jumped off Somi's back since the latter was obviously getting tired. By then the whole team cramped next to each other and posed for the fan's camera. Aeri suggested a goofy pose which they all did except for Minjeong who stood in a proper posture with that peace sign of hers.

The fan who swiftly took several photos of the group couldn't help but smile widely, thinking how Minjeong looked awkward but cute at the same time.

At the same time, what caught her focus was when she zoomed in on Minjeong. Noticed how she took several snaps of the latter with Jimin's gazing, looking somewhat affectionate.

Adding to the falling confetti, the photo had this stimulating fluttery effect. The fan could sense herself getting giddy, wanting to take more photos of the pair.

That was all that the fan was thinking about, but in reality, Jimin was staring at Minjeong because she thought the girl's awkward poses were hilarious. She prevented her laughter and smiled instead.

 

 

A day after all of that, Minjeong waved her farewells to her teammates the night after the performance as the program allowed all of the trainees to take their week off.

That night, the show never announced the winner for that round as the MC explained that the results would be declared in episode two. The audience was totally disappointed but it definitely brought excitement for episode two.

Aeri then invited her to an apartment via SNS where she and the whole team would w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter