10 | in your arms

Idol Factory
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

| Kim Taeyeon

"The people who wanted to watch the first stage tonight are unusually packed! Tickets are all sold out!"

"Now all that's left is to film the trainees dancing to the theme song..."

"I guess it's all thanks to that live broadcast, huh?"

"Episode one is going to be a hit!"

My coworkers are so noisy. I'm having a hard time editing the footage, then there's this guy behind me. Watching me work while annoyingly sipping loudly on his cup of coffee.

"Any good scenes? If you ever want help, I'll do the dramas."

He took another loud sip, causing me to drop my back on my office chair's backrest as I sigh out the urge to kick him.

"Would it kill you to drink that quietly?" I turned the chair to face him and he sipped one last time like he was doing it on purpose, "I hate you."

"Sorry sorry!"

This guy really had the guts to laugh. Anyway, this annoying person is named Soobin. Along with me and some other three people, we're in charge of the footage as well as editing them for the airing tomorrow.

I'm glad that we only need two more things to film. The theme stage and mission performance are left and we're done for the whole week.

And thanks to that stranger who I scouted, Kim Minjeong. The program has been trending since yesterday's live broadcast. Truly, I never expected her to come this far and even promote the show.

The writers are going crazy!

I feel kind of bad for trying to kick her out so soon... but eh. It all ended really well. That girl's insane. For her to improve in mere nine days and the process of it? What voodoo magic is she doing?

This is good material. I could already imagine the possibilities.

"So are we really going to keep her?" Soobin rolled his chair next to mine, looking at my computer screen.

"Who?"

"Minjeong, that girl looks promising. I heard you murmuring something like kicking her out with the power of editing~" Soobin randomly motioned his hands playfully, "Well, if you do. I guess the producers wouldn't mind. They love drama."

I furrowed my brows, "What? No. That was me a week ago, and even if I do make her look bad... we have no good footage. From what I've seen, she's that calm and reliable character."

"Hmm, then I guess we'll just have to lie back and see." Soobin smiled whilst giving me a pat on the shoulder before standing up, "I'm going to help the others. Call me if you need anything!" and left.

Lie back and see...

 

 

Early at six in the morning, Minjeong is hanging around backstage with her teammates. Everyone was already in their sailor uniforms, now only waiting for the staff to call them for preparation.

"Yahh!~ Every day I look at you, you get prettier and prettier. You better introduce me to your dermatologist, Minjeongie."

Aeri repeatedly nudged the latter beside her, smiling teasingly. Minjeong solely acted out a chuckle to not sound suspicious, preventing herself from blurting out that it was due to the points she distributed a few days ago.

Speaking of points, she never distributed the point she received from yesterday's live broadcast. Because how the milestones were beginning to get harder and harder to achieve, it was best to leave it for emergencies.

Since her stats were now reasonably good for basic survival, it was good to cool off with the grinding and rest for a few days.

After the theme song and the group performance they've been preparing for the past week, they'll be allowed to roam around the city freely and rest for a whole week.

Minjeong decided to spend that week building stamina as she was aware that her skill (Sleepless Nights) will soon disappear. There was only one use remaining, and using that should only be in major situations.

"Say, what skincare products do you use?" Somi asked.

"I don't use any..."

"Eyyy~" Yujin playfully pushed the latter's shoulder, "You're kidding."

Jimin nodded her head in agreement. As her left hand was clasping Minjeong's to calm her slightly tremoring hands, she used the other to put the shorter's bangs aside.

"With fair clear skin like that? Baby, we doubt."

A smirk descended Aeri's face, "Baby? Aren't you two getting too close?"

"Name suits her right?" Jimin nodded her head once more, laughing. "You could've seen her being such a baby because of this stomach ache."

"Don't let me recall that please." Minje

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter