Kiss the chef

At Home (Requests ver.)

 

Donghae offered to prepare dinner that night. Hyukjae went to buy some missing ingredients and found an apron that caught his eye. It was black, in white letters it read "Kiss the chef". Hyukjae liked things like that, he knew Donghae would like it too. 

Once in the apartment, he put things down on the counter. Donghae had both hands full. "I bought an apron so you don't get dirty."

Donghae nodded.

"Put it on me, please?" Hyukjae held the apron with both hands and slipped it over his boyfriend's head, leaving it comfortably on his neck. Donghae smiled at him, he had not seen the sentence on his new apron yet. Hyukjae arranged his clothes and gave him a kiss on the lips. Donghae laughed, “Oh? You’re in a good mood.”

“What are you talking about, I always am.” Hyukjae tied the ends of the apron on his boyfriend's back while Donghae started to cut some vegetables.

"Thank you." Hyukjae kissed the back of his neck and Donghae felt a shiver, he lifted his shoulders. "I'm using the knife, you idiot..."

"Oh, sorry," he smiled. "What can I help you with?"

"Um... can you tidy up the table?"

Hyukjae nodded. Donghae looked at him as he walked to the dining room. He laughed to himself.

The next few minutes Hyukjae spent in and out of the kitchen, fetching napkins, spoons, anything he could "forget". On every trip he would give his boyfriend a kiss on the cheek. Sometimes on the lips. Donghae didn't understand what was going on, but Hyukjae would go out of the kitchen before he got to ask.

"Hyukjae!" Donghae called out to him from the kitchen several minutes later. Hyukjae went to his side and received the spoonful of soup Donghae offered him.

"Is it hot?"

"Nah." Hyukjae tasted the soup carefully. "Is there anything missing?"

Hyukjae pouted, thinking. "Well... salt?"

"I wanted to try to make it a little less salty."

"Why?" Whined Hyukjae softly.

"It's healthier."

"Ugh... then it's okay, I guess." Donghae looked at him with raised eyebrows, waiting for Hyukjae to ask him to add a little more salt, but Hyukjae said nothing.

"You'll put more in your dish later, won't you?"

"Probably."

Donghae snorted. "Great. Well, I'll let it boil for a while."  Hyukjae looked down at his boyfriend's apron and smiled. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

Hyukjae laughed. He again moved closer to kiss him. Donghae left the wooden spoon in the pot and hugged his boyfriend, taking care not to touch him with his hands as they were dirty. When they broke apart, Donghae looked at him with narrowed eyes. "You're acting weird."

"I'm not." They kissed for a while longer, until Donghae was short of breath and broke away. He gently pushed his boyfriend away. 

"Go sit down, it's almost ready."

"Wait," Hyukjae said. Donghae's lips were a little swollen, his cheeks pink. He kissed him once more. "I'll take a picture of you, pose with the spoon." 

Donghae held the spoon and started stirring the soup. He smiled slightly, looking at the camera. Once the photo was taken, Hyukjae cackled while looking at the screen. Donghae watched him as he washed his hands.

"What? Let me see it." Hyukjae showed it to him and Donghae grimaced at the sight of his messy hair and flushed face. Then he gasped as he read the sentence on his apron. He slapped his boyfriend's arm gently. "Kiss the chef? Are you serious?" Hyukjae laughed heartily. "I knew you had done something, that's why you were smiling so much!"

He laughed cutely as he saw Hyukjae blushing.

Hyukjae moved closer to his boyfriend, who was pushing him away without much force. "I have to do what the apron says!" He stretched his lips to kiss him, teasing the younger one. Donghae sighed before letting him get closer.

"Where did you even buy that?"

"At the supermarket. Do you like it?"

"Uh-huh." Hyukjae kissed him softly. 

"Do you need help with the dishes?"

"No, no. Go sit down, I'll be right there."

“Alright, chef.”