Hyukjae and Donghae as parents, pt.2

At Home (Requests ver.)


“Daddy!”

Donghae smiled as he saw Haru running towards him.

It was five o'clock in the afternoon, Haru had finished her day at the kindergarten and Donghae went to pick her up. They both could rest at home until Hyukjae arrived a couple of hours later. The little girl raised her arms and Donghae bent down to give her a hug.

“Up!” Donghae laughed and carried her in his arms, making her laugh too.

“Hey baby, did you eat all your food?” 

“Hm!” Donghae kissed her cheek repeatedly. He carried her to the car and settled her in the seat.

“Don't move, love.” Haru stirred in her car seat, making it difficult to secure the belt. Eventually, Donghae managed to do it and went to the driver's seat. 

“Did you play with your friends, Haru?”

“Hm, we danced! And the music stopped and we sat on the chairs!”

Donghae listened amused at Haru's attempts to explain the game.

Arriving home, Donghae checked the small backpack to see if she had any homework. There were only a few materials she was supposed to bring the following week. Donghae went to the master bedroom to get more comfortable clothes and then went to Haru's room.

They played for a while, just whatever game they came up with plus some plushie drama they invented. 

An hour later, Donghae prepared towels and his clean clothes.

“Time for your bath, baby.”

Haru obediently went to the bathroom. It was their daily routine. When she finished, Donghae wrapped her little girl in a big towel, making her squeal. He took her to the bedroom to dress her. 

“I can do it! I got it!”

“Alright, alright. You be careful. I'll go get the hair dryer.”

A few minutes later, Haru was sitting on the bed and Donghae was drying her hair carefully. Her hair was getting longer and longer.

“Hold still, Haru.” She was playing with her plushies and fidgeting back and forth. Donghae caught her when she wanted to get off the bed.

“I want my doll!”

Donghae turned off the dryer and handed Haru her doll before continuing. A few seconds later, the front door opened and this time he couldn't stop Haru. The little girl ran out into the hallway with her wet hair, dropping a couple of drops along the way.

“Daddy!” The little girl raised her arms and Hyukjae bent down to softly ruffle her hair. 

“Oh? Your hair is wet, go dry it.” The little girl went running down the hallway and almost slipped because of the water she dropped. She looked at Hyukjae without blinking, she was confused. “That's water, you should be careful. Come.”

Hyukjae offered his hand and Haru took it. 

They both came into the room together.

“I think you're looking for this.”

“I think you’re looking for this,” repeated Haru, making Hyukjae laugh.

Donghae and Hyukjae exchanged glances, they smiled.

“Haru... come here.”

The girl sat on the bed again. Hyukjae approached Donghae, his hair back before bending down to give him a short kiss.

“Hi.”

“Hi.”

“Can you clean the floor, please?”

“Hm.”

Donghae continued to dry his baby's hair, making sure to comb it with his fingers. When they were almost done, Hyukjae poked his head through the open door.

“Are you guys hungry?”

“Yes!”

“You’re going to cook?”

“I'll just make some sandwiches," laughed Hyukjae.

“Sandwiches!” shouted Haru. “I wanna help.” 

“Well, let's go!” He looked at Donghae and cocked his head to one side. “Are you coming?”

“I have to make some calls.”

Hyukjae nodded and left the room with his daughter, but a few seconds later he was back in there. “You okay?”

“Yeah.”

“Yeah?” 

“Just tired, ” whispered Donghae while he closed his eyes, a tired smile on his face. “It was a long day at work. I’m sleepy.”

Hyukjae nodded.

“I’ll wake you up for dinner.” 

“Okay,” mumbled Donghae while he lay down on his daughter’s bed.

Hyukjae left the room, closed the door and went to the kitchen to look for Haru.