Bickering

At Home (Requests ver.)

 

Donghae stared at Hyukjae. He was trying to open a beer bottle with the edge of the kitchen counter, he saw a friend doing it and needed to try. He positioned the bottle below the surface of the counter and tried to forcefully lift it upwards with both hands. Donghae was nervously watching Hyukjae move so fast while clearly having no idea what he was doing. 

 

"Stop that, let me help you."

 

"No, me. I wanna try." 

 

"Hyuk."

 

"Nooo," Donghae tried to snatch the bottle from him without much force and Hyukjae was blocking him with his body. 

 

He tried to hit the bottle on the counter once more, this time from above, but he hit his finger with the cap instead. "Ow!" he laughed.

 

Donghae gasped softly, "Hyuk..." He held Hyukjae’s hand to check that he hadn't hurt himself. "It's all red." He covered Hyukjae’s finger with his cold hand. "Be careful, please."

 

"Shhh, I almost got it." Hyukjae freed himself from his grip.

 

Donghae gently slapped his arm and Hyukjae looked at him. "I mean it! You're gonna hurt yourself."

 

"Shhh! You're making me lose focus."

 

"Are you gonna be careful?"

 

"Yes, yes."

 

He tried again. The bottle just went past the edge of the counter and Donghae now also worried that there was going to be a dent in his furniture.

 

"You're really something, aren't you," muttered Donghae.

 

After one more failed attempt, Hyukjae put the bottle down on the table. "Okay, it's impossible."

 

He looked at his boyfriend with helpless eyes, silently asking him to do it for him. 

 

Donghae sighed. He took the bottle and positioned the cap on the counter. He tapped the top a few times and the cap quickly fell to the floor. Hyukjae looked at him, a smile forming on his face. "But hyung didn't do it like that--" 

 

"Do you want the beer or not?"

 

Hyukjae laughed and received the bottle. "Where did you learn that?"

 

Donghae lifted his shoulders and started walking to the sofa. "My dad."

 

Hyukjae followed him. Once they were both seated, Hyukjae asked. "Can you teach me?"

 

"No?!"