You're handsome

At Home (Requests ver.)

 

Donghae heard Hyukjae's footsteps approaching the living room and raised his eyebrows as he saw him looking for his phone. He was wearing light jeans and a black t-shirt. His hair was combed back, revealing his forehead, giving him a stylish look.

 

"Woah, you look so handsome!"

 

Hyukjae laughed as he continued to look for his phone. "I'm not even ready yet."

 

"Still. I like your hair styled like this."

 

Donghae kept looking at him and Hyukjae could feel his gaze on him. "You say that about all my haircuts."

 

"Because they all look good on you!"

 

"Even my hair shaved off from military service?"

 

"Especially that one."

 

Hyukjae laughed heartily as he went to look for a long-sleeved black shirt. "You're crazy."

____________

 

Hyukjae was looking at the road in front of them, enjoying the music that was playing on the radio, when he felt a hand caressing his cheek at a red light. He looked at his boyfriend. 

 

"You look so handsome like this."

 

"...I'm just sitting still?" Donghae laughed. “You’re so weird.”

____________

 

Hyukjae smiled at Donghae after the younger one decided to rub their noses for a couple of seconds.

 

"You have such a beautiful smile, Hyukjae."

 

Hyukjae scoffed, but he felt his heart warm from the compliment. 

 

Donghae would never stop doing that, would he? He hoped he didn't. Sometimes he wished he thought twice before telling Donghae to stop saying those things out of nowhere. What if he actually stopped?

 

Hyukjae leaned closer to kiss him. 

____________
 

"Hi, handsome," said Donghae when he arrived home.

 

Hyukjae whined. "Can you stop saying that..."

 

"Why?" Donghae sat by his side on the sofa.

 

"I don't know. Sometimes I think you don't mean it... I mean... I'm just wearing sportswear."

 

"Who said anything about your clothes? And why would I lie about thinking you're handsome," said Donghae defensively. Hyukjae often reacted to his compliments as if he were reacting to a joke. Donghae wasn’t joking.

 

"I don't know, to make me feel better."

 

"Is it really that hard to believe? You're so attractive and charming, Hyukjae."

 

"I know I'm charming..." he said looking up, Donghae laughed softly. "But not handsome."

 

Donghae sighed. "I'm going to lose my mind. You are handsome, stop saying you're not!"

 

"Alright, whatever."

 

"Say it." Donghae reached up to hold his cheeks with his hand. “Say you’re handsome.” Hyukjae looked at him with disinterest. 

 

"I'm handsome," he said.

 

Donghae smiled and let him go.