Remembering our first kiss

At Home (Requests ver.)

 

 

They were strolling through downtown, looking for a good place to buy a coffee to go. They had arrived by car but wanted to go out to stretch their legs. 

Hyukjae hid his smile when he saw the bus stop in the distance. That was where they had their first kiss, and every time they passed by, Donghae would give him a mischievous smile. 

At that moment Donghae hadn't seen it yet, but Hyukjae didn’t say anything about it. He liked to see Hae’s reaction when he discovered it on his own.

“How about over there?” Donghae said, pointing to a small coffee place.

“Uh…” Hyukjae looked around until he saw the place a couple of buildings away. “Sure. Can you order?”

Donghae nodded. 

“Vanilla latte?”

“Hm.” They arrived at the entrance. “I'll wait here.”

Donghae nodded again and he entered the cafe.

Hyukjae leaned against the wall. 

They were right in front of the bus stop. Donghae still hadn't seen it, he was too busy looking at the other side of the street. 

He sighed.

Hyukjae remembered that moment as if it was yesterday, he was sixteen and Donghae was fifteen. It was late at night, they were both going home after walking the streets with their group of friends. They were waiting for the last bus.

“Thanks for keeping me company,” Donghae said smiling.

“I wasn't going to leave you alone, I'm not a monster.”

“The other guys left.”

“Because they’re monsters.”

Donghae laughed. “You're too nice to me, seriously.”

They looked at each other. Hyukjae wanted to do something, he didn't know what. He felt the need to be closer to Donghae, but instead he just smiled at him with his mouth closed. Donghae also expected him to do something.

“I think your bus is coming.”

“Oh,” smiled Donghae, turning around to see the bus approaching. “Well. See you tomorrow?”

“Hm.” Hyukjae Donghae’s chin. Donghae was just really cute and he kept looking at him with his innocent eyes. “Bye.”

Donghae had a habit of kissing his favorite people on the cheek.

This time, he slowly walked towards Hyukjae, who didn't try to move away at any time, and didn't kiss his cheek.

Hyukjae stayed still as he felt Donghae's soft lips on his, for just a second. Maybe less. Before he could react, Donghae had already pulled away, and was walking towards the bus that was still approaching them. Donghae smiled at Hyukjae and waved goodbye. Hyukjae slowly raised his hand to do the same.

“Boo.” Hyukjae flinched. He put a hand on his chest and laughed as he saw Donghae by his side, with the drinks in his hand. “Why are you looking at the…” He directed his gaze to the street, expecting to find some weird-looking car, and instead he finally saw the bus stop. “Oh!” He started to smile and looked at Hyukjae with that expression he loved. Hyukjae laughed. He stopped leaning against the wall and started walking. Donghae walked beside him. “Were you thinking about what I think you were thinking about?”

“What?”

“You want me to say it? Our first--”

“Shhh! Of course I was thinking about that,” he said softly. Donghae smiled playfully at him again, but didn't say anything. Hyukjae chuckled. “I remember my face was red even after I went to bed that day.” 

“Really?!”

“Yeah! My mom thought I had a fever.” 

Donghae laughed sheepishly. “You never told me that before.”

“Because it’s embarrassing.” 

They arrived at the street where the car was parked, Hyukjae sat in the passenger seat. Donghae looked at him with hearts in his eyes.

“When I got on the bus that day I felt horrible. I thought we would stop being friends and you were going to hate me forever,” said Donghae.

“I know, you told me about it that same week, crying.”

Donghae laughed out loud. “I thought you had forgotten.”

“I remember everything! You were wearing a dark blue jacket and a yellow T-shirt. And your hair covered half your face.”

“We had the same hairstyle!”

They both laughed. They looked at each other for a couple of seconds before Hyukjae his chin.

Donghae looked around to make sure no one saw them and gave him a quick peck before starting the car.