Hyukjae and Donghae as parents

At Home (Requests ver.)


"Eat your breakfast, honey, we'll be late for kindergarten."

"I don't want fruit, I want cereal."

"Come on, Haru, it's good for you, if you eat this you'll grow taller and have energy to play!" Donghae said in a cheerful tone. 

"Why isn't Dad eating fruit like you and me?"

Hyukjae raised his eyebrows as he ate his toast. "I don't need to grow taller."

Donghae rolled his eyes and knelt down beside the little girl. He whispered something in her ear and they both started giggling. 

"What? What are you laughing about?"

Haru pointed at Hyukjae.

"If I eat my fruit, will you drink Daddy’s gray smoothie?"

"Hey, it's green!" Donghae corrected her and this time Hyukjae laughed. He subtly lowered his hand for his daughter to high-five. “I saw that.” 

"Okay, okay, I'll do it. But you have to eat it all, hm?"

Haru nodded and raised her arms for Hyukjae to sit her in her chair. Hyukjae picked her up and arranged her food on the table.

The little girl began to eat her cut up banana and blueberries with no problem. 

"Oh, it's sweet!"

"Sure it is, fruits are delicious!" said Hyukjae.

Donghae smiled as he looked at them. He went to the main room to get ready for work.

He was putting on his jacket when he heard his boyfriend and daughter screaming and laughing. 

"Ahhhh, you ate it all!"

"You have to drink the smoothie! Daddy!"

Donghae laughed. He went to the kitchen, Hyukjae was heading to the counter where Donghae had his smoothie ready to go.

"Nooo! Daddy has to give you the bottle!" Haru waved her hands from the chair. "Daddy..." 

Donghae held her in his arms and approached Hyukjae. With his free hand he gave the bottle to his boyfriend as Haru hugged his neck.

Hyukjae took a few sips of the smoothie and raised his eyebrows.

"Oh!"

"What?" 

Hyukjae made an exaggerated expression, his mouth forming an "o" and his eyes shifting between Donghae and his daughter.

"What is it, Dad?" she repeated, curiosity noticeable on her face.

"It's yummy!"

Haru stared silently for a few seconds.

"...Yummy?"

"Hm." 

The little girl blinked a couple of times before speaking.

"Give me some, please?"

Donghae held in his laughter. Hyukjae carefully helped her to drink.

The little girl mimicked Hyukjae's facial expressions, shaking her head to both sides, making both of her parents laugh. 

"Daddy, it's yummy!" she said to Donghae.

"I told you it was good! Why do you believe him and not me..." he looked at Hyukjae with narrowed eyes and Hyukjae smiled adorably at him.

Donghae briefly his boyfriend's hair as he walked past him. 

"Okay, everyone to the car," said Hyukjae.

Donghae gently left Haru on the floor and opened the front door. "Don't let go of your daddy's hand, okay?"