Part 9

Petals
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Part 9

 

Son Naeun's POV

 

"Even if I'm a great talker, please understand me...

I will tell you all the truth that I've been keeping

Do you remember the day we first met? 

Your pretty lips smiled at me...

After that day, I was determined

That I never want to lose you from my embrace

That I will go till the end..."

 

It's been nine years since I first saw Eunji unnie. And I never forgot that it was her smile that first struck me. It was the prettiest thing I've ever seen. That moment, I know she's something. But I never thought much of it until three years ago. I just want her to be my friend. But she came and became more than that. She became a best friend, a sister ... a guardian angel. She was always there to help me. She was always the smart one, the strong one in the two of us. I get my strength from her. I learn to open up my heart because of her.

 

And now, seeing Eunji unnie being this weak, I don't know what to do.

 

I'm not the one taking care of... I'm not the one who cheers up someone else. I'm not the one who lights up the way...

 

It was always Eunji unnie.

 

She's the one taking care of me. She's the one who always cheers everyone up. She's the one who lights up my way.

 

Now, the roles are switched.

 

I should be the strong one in the both of us. I should be the one cheering her up. I should be the one who lights up her way...

 

I badly want to do that.

 

But how am I supposed to do that?

 

"Eunji unnie, do you want to eat?" I asked softly the next morning. I just finished showering in the bathroom, and when I opened the door, I already saw Eunji unnie reading a book, on her usual position in the bed. Only this time, she doesn't have her specs on.

 

Eunji raised her head and just smiled faintly at me before shaking her head.

 

I know Eunji unnie remembered something last night. I know that Kibum did trigger something in her mind. For once, I was scared because she must've remembered what happened between the two of us.

 

But at the same time, I didn't think so. Because she's silent now and not rejecting any of my gestures, I don't think she remembers.

 

I sat beside her before instinctively reaching for her hair, to push it behind her ear. She was shocked at first and tried to pull away. But as she looked through my eyes, she stopped and let me.

 

"You should eat your food, Eunji unnie..." I mumbled at her, hoping to get a response from the older girl.

 

However, a slight nod was what I get at the most. She set aside her book before standing up and wearing her slippers.

 

"We'll eat at the cafeteria today. Is that okay? I don't have time to cook something, much less buy one..." I mumbled, which she responded with another nod.

 

I headed out to the door, as she slowly followed behind. I want to put my arm around her shoulders, at least to make her feel assured that I won't do anything.

 

But I was stunned when before I could do anything, I felt her warm hands wrapping my right hand. Soon she intertwined it.

 

"Eunji-yah?" I asked.

 

She didn't say anything and just ushered me to go walking.

 

I couldn't help but smile wide at that. Why? Because it felt good. Holding her hands like this, it feels like everything was back to normal. Except that I want to be more than that. I want to be more than her best friend now...

 

We arrived in their cafeteria and I ordered some soup for Eunji unnie and some salad for me. I don't feel like eating actually. And it seems like Eunji unnie feels the same.

 

"Eunji unnie, can you please eat now?" I asked softly.

 

She just sighed and gave off a pout.

 

I sighed in return before taking a spoonful from her food and placed it in front of her lips. "Here's the airplane~~~"

 

She blushed at my childish act but I just gave off a smile. If this is the only way for me to make her eat then I don't care anymore. It is for the love of my life. Thank you.

 

She still didn't open up .

 

I gave off a smile, "Unnie... please eat. If you don't eat, you'll get sick. If you'll get sick, I'll get sick too..."

 

And that line managed to do the trick.

 

"Waaaahhh~~ My Eunji unnie is so great! Good job unnie!!!" I praised her when she finished the whole bowl. I even gave her a clap.

 

With that, a small smile formed in her lips... and that was enough to make my day.

 

I've never seen Eunji unnie act like this back then. I never saw her silent. Only one thing didn't change. She has the same eye smile. It wasn't tainted. Her beautiful eye smile was still there...

 

We were back in the room and Eunji unnie came back on her usual position, reading her book. I just stood by the door, sighing at the sight.

 

"Hey, Naeun..." Kibum greeted me when he appeared beside me. It was his first time greeting me. I didn't know how to react about it... And so I ended up giving him a smile.

 

"Eunji talked to you yet?" He asked.

 

I shook my head.

 

I heard him release a sigh before adding, "You seem to be very special for Eunji... She's not pushing you away at all... And she seems to be very happy whenever you are around."

 

"How can you say...?"

 

"Her smiles were always ten times brighter when you are around. She easily relaxes at your touch. She easily trusted you, considering that you only started talking to her the other day. You are very important to her... Everyone can notice that...."

 

I didn't know where he's getting at. Well, I have a hunch... I just hope it was not like that...

 

"I really like Eunji, Naeun-ssi... But I'm not as stupid as her to wait for the one you love until that person learns to love you back. I'm gonna move on from her... but I have to make sure that she's happy before I'll do that."

 

Kibum gave me a smile, "If you really love Eunji, then you must know how to love her right, Naeun-ssi... Loving her means taking care of her, not making her cry... You should strengthen her, not make her weak. You should treat her in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter