Part 8

Petals
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Part 8

 

Jung Eunji's POV

 

Kibum oppa was sitting on a chair next to my bed, slicing some apples for me. As for me, I just rested my back on the headboard, thinking of what happened last night. I am still thinking of why I feel so weird last night. I am still thinking about why I did that. I'm still thinking about why it hurts so much...

 

It hurts because I felt like I’m gonna lose her completely of she left last night…

 

Naeunnie must've been someone so important to me. I just can't remember why...

 

Sure I can remember a thing or two. I can see her in my memories... I know her... maybe for a long time already...

 

But why is everything so different when I'm with her?

 

I suddenly felt slight warmth on my cheeks as it flushed in color. A weird thought came to me at that time. This actually seems like a scene in some drama where the lead man forgets about the girl she likes and the girl was left to reminisce all the memories. Soon, they started all over again and the guy fell in love with the girl again. And he soon retrieved his memories back. And then they live happily ever after.

 

I blushed even madly at that thought.

 

I like Naeunnie, yes... But I'm not even sure what kind of like does that mean. Do I like her as a friend? As a best friend? as someone important and special? as a lover?

 

Jung Eunji stopped thinking like that, you creep!

 

Naeunnie is not here today. And I don't like it. I woke up earlier today and she was nowhere in sight. I was so disappointed since I was actually looking forward to seeing her first thing in the morning.

 

Is it weird for me to say that I instantly miss her company? It was just last night that we talked. Who is she to have such an effect on me?

 

As those questions on my mind, I suddenly remembered everything last night.

 

And my red cheeks just got redder, I don't even know if there's such a word to describe my flaming cheeks.

 

Flashback

 

"Stay with me tonight, Naeunnie... I'm begging you..."

 

The words got out of my mouth, and I didn't even think of saying it out loud. Strange... I never felt that way as far as I can remember. Stupid Eunji. Technically I really can’t remember anything. Ahh, why is my head becoming much more of a mess tonight?

 

“But Eunji-unnie… I don’t think that they will allow it... And you’re supposed to be asleep right now.” She pointed out to me.

 

“Naeunnie… Please? I don’t feel like sleeping alone tonight…” I begged once again. 

 

And I guess it was effective since Naeunnie sighed.

 

“Well, we can keep it a secret… And I guess Sungjae oppa won’t turn me in the police if he finds out.” Naeunnie came back to lay beside me on the bed. “Now go to sleep, Eunji unnie…”

 

I didn’t close my eyes yet at the moment, and I did the one thing I thought was right.

 

I leaned closer to Naeunnie and give a peck on her forehead.

 

“Thanks, Naeunnie… Goodnight…” I whispered before placing my arms around and hugged her tightly to sleep, like what I would do to a teddy bear. Strangely, she feels more comfortable than teddy bears… or pillows on that matter.

 

“G-goodnight, Eunji unnie…” she whispered back, but I’m pretty sure she was really nervous at what I just did.

 

Is this not something we used to do? But it felt so right… It’s like I always had this urge to do this with her… If only I can spend the rest of my life like this…

 

I hugged her as if she was gonna vanish into a bubble once I didn’t.

 

It was like I’m gonna lose her…

 

When we finally relaxed at our skinship. Another blush escaped my cheeks.

 

I just thought of it… but it really felt like we are couple…

 

Do I perhaps… like Naeunnie romantically before everything happened?

 

End of Flashback

 

“It’s amazing, when I’m with you…

It’s like I’ve seen you in my dreams

It’s like I’ve drawn you out in my dreams…”

 

Kibum oppa the music.

 

And as I listened to the song, I felt a surge of pain here in my heart. The song… the melody… the lyrics… I don’t know but it all felt familiar to me… She sang that to me last night… and it was like all the pain she felt while singing it, it all came to me…

 

I slowly placed my hand on my chest and felt that my heart was beating at a constant slow pace.

 

“If only you came to me like a miracle and hugged me

Now let’s quietly fall in love

Love for you, only you…”

 

“Eunji-yah… Are you okay?” Kibum oppa asked worriedly. He must’ve sensed my discomfort.

 

I just smiled at him sadly before nodding, “I just felt something weird, oppa…”

 

“What is it, Eunji-yah…?”

 

I sighed before pressing my fingers more in my chest, “As I heard the song, I felt pain in my heart… It hurts… I can’t remember the song but it all felt familiar to me… and I guess it holds a very painful memory… Why’s that, oppa?”

 

He just nodded silently. Maybe he didn’t know the answer too.

 

It was only me that has the answer, anyway…

 

But it will take time…

 

“Shall I change the song then?” Kibum oppa asked me.

 

I didn’t nod my head but he took initiative and changed it.

 

 

"Yesterday and today

I saw you but I miss you again

Tomorrow, all week,

It's all the same, I'll think of you..."

 

I groaned inwardly. Now I conclude that turning the radio on was such a bad idea...

 

“Kibum-oppa? Can you please turn off the radio?” I asked kindly at him, while he offered the sliced apples for me.

 

“Oh? What’s wrong? It was a nice song. And Apink is singing…” He commented, still not turning it off.

 

I just shook my head for him to dismiss what I said and just focused on eating the apples.

 

Stupid song. It makes me remember Naeun. And I don’t even know why! What is happening to me?!

 

And the song sunk in my mind. I actually miss Naeunnie…

 

Why would I miss her when I just met her last night? We even slept next to each other, to be honest.

“Hey, if you are trying to remember your memories, don’t do it. Don’t stress yourself and re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter