Part 7

Petals
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Part 7

 

Son Naeun's POV

 

"After a long time, you came to me without a sound.

You came to me and it's like time has stopped...

When I see you, and without knowing

I keep looking at you...."

 

Eunji unnie's favorite song entered my ears as I played the radio in the car. My driver was silent, silently maneuvering the car towards the hospital. I know he wants to ask if I am okay. Everyone keeps asking me actually. And I badly want to answer them actually. I want to scream, "I am not! I'm actually going crazy right now!" But no one actually cares about my thoughts and my emotions. They just need some stories to entertain them. And I'm sorry because I don't want to entertain them at all.

 

I'm not okay in any way they could think of.

 

"It's amazing, when I am with you

It's like I've seen you in my dreams

It's like I've drawn you out in my dreams..."

 

She used to hum this song around so much. Eunji unnie, I mean. She used to sing this song to me when she wants me to calm down my nervous heart, or when I need to be comforted. 

 

I won't forget those moments. I won't forget how she passionately sings for me every time. I won't forget the smile she has whenever she sings this.

 

I won't forget those eyes that say how much she loves me, waiting for me to finally notice.

 

I was really a stupid girl, am I not?

 

"Miss, we're here..." My driver said as he opened the door for me. I just nodded and walked out of the car. "Don't pick me up later. I'll be taking the bus."

 

"But miss--"

 

"No buts, I can handle myself."

 

He wasn't able to oppose any more since I walked away, leaving him on his spot.

 

It's been entirely a week since Eunji unnie woke up. And I've become a coward since the past week. Because of the shock from whatever happened to Eunji unnie, she was put under counseling and therapy. I don't exactly know what's going on but she can't leave the hospital up until next week. I would stay here and just stare at her as she rests or does those activities. I just stand by the door, sometimes I would drag a chair and maybe read a book or something. 

 

Not once I talked to her.

 

Not even a simple hello or goodnight.

 

I just stay by the door, like a doorman.

 

We had eye contact every some time and every time we did, I just release a small smile and she would give it back with her eye smiles.

 

I know she wants to ask me something.

 

But with this wide room and my coward heart, we couldn't even have a simple conversation. There was me who is afraid to approach the girl she loves but she let go. And there was her who is still trying to remember what part of her life that I am playing. We were doubtful at the same moment.... that neither of us tried to approach one another. 

 

And since no one dared, we just end up smiling at each other from time to time.

 

It was a simple interaction. 

 

But it was enough to actually make my day...

 

Yes, her mind's a jumbled mess. But I know she might've somewhat recognized me. And seeing her smiling at me, it was enough to make me happy.

 

I know it was wrong and just happened because of an accident.

 

But at least I can pretend that that afternoon didn't happen at all.

 

And that Eunji unnie didn't hate me.

 

I don't care if we can't talk like before... Seeing her from here was enough.

 

Those are the moments I realized how Eunji unnie must've felt from all this time. I am satisfied seeing Eunji unnie happy and okay from afar. I didn't exactly need to stand beside her and make her smile.

 

Someone's already doing that for her.

 

Right on time, Kibum-ssi walked inside the room and approached the girl sitting on her hospital bed.

 

"Eunji-yah? What's up?” Kibum asked while grinning at the younger girl. "Did you miss oppa?"

 

The smile on her face grew wider at the statement before nodding her head, "I missed you oppa! This much!" She stretched her arms wide to emphasize her statement. It was an adorable sight. It was like she's turned into a small gullible girl that is so adorable after waking up.

 

Seeing them interact made me sigh. I walked out from their sight at that.

 

It was Kibum-ssi that Eunji first saw when she woke up and because of that, somehow, she trusts that guy more. They instantly got close... like how Eunji and I were close before...

 

I have to see them like that every time. It didn't take a smartass also to know that that guy likes Eunji. How come Eunji unnie can seduce a lot of people? She's been asleep for a week but look, another guy came in the scene and is trying to win her heart at this moment.

 

It hurts seeing them being intimate with each other.

 

If only I didn't admit that I love Eunji unnie before. 

 

It must've been better that way. If I denied my love, at least it wouldn't have hurt me as much as right now.

 

Well, maybe not.

 

"Hey, Naeunnie!!!" Taemin oppa greeted me as he came over. I just stared at him blankly before slapping his hands away that was about to pat my head.

 

"Don't call me that!"

 

"What's wrong? Eunji always call you like that!" He complained but I kept my indifferent look at him.

 

"Exactly. Eunji unnie calls me that. ONLY Eunji unnie. No one's allowed to call me like that but her. Arasso?"

 

He just chuckled, "Come on, Naeun-ah... She can't even remember-- Sorry."

 

His statement hit me hard. 

 

Yes. Eunji unnie barely remembers everything.

 

She must've not remembered me at all.

 

I just ignored him and headed for the cafeteria. However, Taemin oppa called me back.

 

"Naeun-ah... Why don't you try and talk to Eunji?"

 

I just gave a sad smile, "I'll have to prepare my heart for that. I might end up crying in her arms if I do."

 

~

 

"It's already 9 PM. Aren't you coming home? Visiting hours will be over soon." Eunji unnie's nurse told me when he saw me standing by the door, stari

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter