Last Chapter

Petals
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Last Part

 

Seven Years Later

 

“Where the hell is Eunji?!?!” Chorong screamed when she noticed that there’s no trace of the brunette around the venue. “The wedding is starting in ten minutes and that stupid girl just have to be late? I’m so gonna kill her!!!”

 

 

“Unnie, don’t be too stressed out by that stupid girl. She might’ve gotten into traffic. Don’t lose hope hahaha~” Minah tried to calm the older girl but to no avail, the older girl is fuming in anger that no one may be able to calm her down.

 

“Don’t lose hope?!?!?! How can you start this wedding without the---???!!!”

 

“Hello, girls!!!! Wow Naeun-ah, you’re so pretty!” Taemin came inside the waiting room, making all the girls stare at the girl silently sitting in the corner.

 

"Oppa..." Naeun smiled back at the older guy, but it’s obvious that her enthusiasm is nowhere near real. Something was bugging the younger girl. Definitely...

 

"Hey Taemin, Kibum! Where’s Eunji?!" Chorong asked the moment Kibum closed the door. At the question, the two guys became confused. That girl should’ve been here by now. That girl has to be!

 

"She’s not here yet?! But she left the venue an hour earlier than us!" Kibum asked incredulously.

 

"What?!" That’s Minah.

 

Kibum nodded slowly, "She said she’s gonna pick up something important... I don’t know what but she left earlier. We thought she’s already here..."

 

"Hey, did you and Eunji fought?" Minah asked the silent girl, sensing the aura around the woman.

 

She shrugged before standing up. "Let’s just start without Eunji unnie then--"

 

"But this wedding won’t be complete without Eunji!!!!" Chorong complained, throwing tantrums around because of the absence of her favorite dongsaeng. It may sound childish as it seems but today will never be complete without that brunette.

 

"YOW PEOPLE INSIDE!!!! THE WEDDING IS STARTING!!!! AND DON’T WORRY ABOUT EUNJI!!! SHE’S HERE ALREADY!!!!"

 

Bomi’s voice blared outside, making the people inside sigh in relief. Though, that only resulted in Son Naeun to tense up. Of course, she’ll be here... She can’t miss today...

 

One by one, they left the room and went to their designated places. Son Naeun sat in the front row and just a few distances from her is Bomi, who is standing next to Jung Eunji.

 

Her heart was beating crazily. No, not because of the wedding. Her heart was fluttering upon seeing the eye smiling girl standing there, still breathtakingly beautiful like how she always remembered. The older girl has gotten mature over the years. She lost some weight and her baby fat was long gone. Her hair was a shade of red-brown... and it suits her well.

 

It suits her so well that that moment, Naeun realized how she’s gonna miss the older girl.

 

"Naeun... What happened between you and Eunji...?" Minah asked behind her.

 

She shrugged once again. It’s not something she wants to talk about. Just the thought of it makes her sad... But what can she do anyway?

 

The door opened up and the bride went in, looking prettiest that day. Park Chorong was wearing a long white veil gown, her hair was done magnificently. She was the prettiest that day... but it didn’t matter to one woman because her attention was all into Eunji.

 

"Eunji and Chorong unnie looks good together..." Minah murmured, making Taemin hit her in the elbow.

 

"But Naeun and Eunji look better together... And how can you say Chorong unnie and Eunji look good?! It’s Bomi and Chorong’s wedding today, Minah!!!!"

 

"I know, idiot! Now please shut up will you?!"

 

"You shut up also!"

 

"Why you--?!"

 

"Can you two shut up?! Seriously you’re irritating." Naeun coldly told them, making the two shut up instantly, not wanting the younger girl to release her evil aura anymore.

 

The wedding went on to the rituals and it was done in a flash. Well, that is for Naeun. She’s not on herself today at all. And that was all because of Eunji.

 

"Family Picture!!!!!" Taemin screamed, dragging the whole group together that consists of Chorong, Bomi, Kibum, Minah, Naeun,

 

Eunji and him. They strike their happy pose to the new couple. Everything looks perfect at that moment. Except for Eunji and Naeun that are smiling awkwardly next to each other.

 

"Hey what’s up with Naeun and Eunji? Seems like something’s off between them..." Minah muttered at Taemin. Taemin just shrugged his shoulders in response. No one knows what happened between the couple. And they are beginning to worry because if they are breaking up now then it has to be too late.

 

"Naeunnie... Let’s go home?" Eunji mustered up her confidence and approached the said girl. The latter just nodded and followed the older one, not uttering a single word.

 

The whole car ride was silent. No one dares to speak.

 

Not until Eunji decided to stop at the park and stared at Naeun. She knows the latter’s upset. But what can she do anyway? The world is not nice to her at all. And neither is her profession.

 

Eunji took initiative and reached out for the hand of her lover. She rubbed the younger one’s knuckles carefully before planting a sweet kiss on it.

 

"Naeunnie... I’m sorry..." Eunji spoke out, looking straight at her wife while the other has her eyes ahead, on the car’s windshield.

 

Truth is, Naeun has already forgiven the latter for everything. She just can’t get ready yet... She doesn’t want to face reality just yet.

 

"Naeunnie, you know that I love you right? It will never change... I’m sorry for lea--" Before Eunji can continue, Naeun cut her off.

 

"I’m not mad because you are leaving for a year on that cruise ship, Eunji! I’m not mad that for one year, I couldn’t get to talk to you, see you, or even hear your voice. I don’t want to hinder your dreams so I am letting you go on that cruise ship. I just wished that you could’ve told me sooner. Eunji, we have a five-year-old daughter already. What do you expect me to tell her when she looks for you? You know that girl is totally close to you. It’s hard for me to take care of her alone Eunji. I need you... I’m gonna miss you." Naeun can’t take it anymore as the tears poured into her eyes.

 

Yes, that was the thing that’s bugging her. It was three days ago when she heard the news from her father-in-law. Her husband is the next CEO of her father’s hotels. That means she needs to learn the process of the whole thing. Eunji has mastered that part except for the restaurants. Knowing the food and dishes for it, Eunji needs to learn every single part of it. And that ends up with Eunji listed by her father on a cruise ship that travels around the world. It was needed, so Eunji has no choice.

 

And Naeun ends up taking care of their daughter alone in Seoul. She may not be as smart as Eunji but she was smart enough to be one of the heads and shareholders of Eunji’s company.

 

One year maybe just a flash for other people.

 

But not for the 2eun couple.

 

"Naeun-ah... I’ll be back quick, trust me. You may not realize it but one year may pass already. So please cheer up, okay? Let’s enjoy our last week together... Okay?"

 

Eunji slowly wiped Naeun’s tears away before leaning closer to the older one to get a kiss.

 

"Shall we have a walk around?" Eunji asked softly her wife before going out of the car and opening the door for Naeun.

 

She held Naeun’s hand tightly, not letting go.

 

The walk around the park was nostalgic for them. That park holds a lot of memories. It was the very park Naeun said it, her heart... That was the very park where Eunji ran away; all the surge of emotions is filling up her heart. That was their first memory in that place. But that memory was covered up with many other dates. They used to date here back at college. This is the place where Eunji proposed. This is the place where they would hang out when they need air. This is the place where they meet little Sojin, who is three years old back then. The park holds a lot of memories... but this day is not a happy memory... It was sad...everything feels so sad.

 

They stayed on a bench after all the walking and instinctively, Eunji wrapped her arm on Naeun’s waist, hugging her tightly.

 

"I’m gonna miss you, Naeun-ah..." Eunji m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter