Part 2

Petals
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Part 2

 

Jung Eunji's POV

 

 

I'm here in the room, reading my biology book. We have a quiz in less than an hour but I couldn't get my mind straight because my mind is still full of Naeun.

 

Minah seems to notice my expression so she released a sigh and closed my book.

 

"Why don’t you give up?" she asked, "Why don’t you start to move on and actually start looking for someone else to love?"

 

She asked me those questions a lot of times already. At first, she asks that so maybe, just maybe, I would really stop and actually give her a chance. But lately, I know it wasn't about me and her anymore. It was only about me... and my feelings for my best friend.

 

"Jung Eunji, I know how much you love her. But three years have passed already. Don’t you know that quote? Love is a game of tug-of-war. You keep holding on so you won’t fall down on your knees and hurt yourself. But sometimes holding on for too long hurts more. So why don’t you stop holding on? It’s obviously worthless since the person you love is also holding unto someone else..."

 

"But if I stop holding on, everything would be worthless as it is. I’ve been hoping for her to love me back for too long now, Minah...

 

And if I stop, I sincerely don’t know what to do anymore...."

 

She just released a sigh and patted my shoulders, "Okay. I understand. But please, try not to think about her... We still have a quiz and seeing you struggling like that, you might actually get transferred to class 8 in that style." 

 

That instantly made me grin. She always has a way to cheer me up...

 

"You know how much I'm thankful for you, huh Minah?" I asked her cheekily.

 

"It doesn't matter if you are thankful. It matters when you finally say you love me but I guess that was all just a dream~ Haha just kidding! But seriously Eunji, if I won't catch you every time she makes you cry, I bet your face would be so ugly right now~"

 

"Hey!!!! I'm not ugly, for your information! Why would you even fall for me if I'm ugly huh?"

 

She rolled her eyes, "That's what I'm wondering about. How can I fall in love with an ugly person like you...?"

 

"YAH!!!!"

 

And that started the endless chase of us inside the classroom.

 

~

 

The petals fell on the floor one by one. I didn't bother picking it up. I didn't even bother messing it here in the school's garden even when I am obviously not allowed. They won't catch me anyway. No one goes here but me.

 

Well, not entirely.

 

I picked up another flower this time and started taking the petals. 

 

"She loves me."

 

Another petal fell.

 

"She loves me not."

 

With that, the last petal fell on the ground.

 

I am not normally sad like this. But lately, my thoughts and my feelings are battling up here in my mind. 

 

No, I can never confess to Naeun. The world might end and all but I can't confess. I should not.

 

The images of Naeun and Taemin are running in my mind and I can't do anything to make it stop. Yes, I'm certain Taemin didn't like her back. But for how long? It took me just a moment to fall for her. The same can happen to him.

 

And Naeun wasn't mine from the start. I have no right to interfere.

 

If only Naeun is not so blind in our friendship...

 

"Wonderful day, isn't it?" the sudden voice made me jump in shock. A soft chuckle escapes the person's lips as our eyes met.

 

Who.... is she?

 

She was a small girl, with black hair and cute bangs. She looks younger than me. Actually, she looks like a freshman.

 

Although her ID proves me otherwise. It was the ID of the college students in the other building.

 

She has to be older than me.

 

She smiled widely at me before taking a seat on the bench I was at. I sat back down too, trying to be polite.

 

"You’re Jung Eunji, aren't you?" the girl asked.

 

I nodded my head in confusion. I know I'm kinda known in the school too. But I never thought it will reach the college department.

 

"I'm Park Chorong by the way, second-year Accountancy student." she introduced. "I bet you were shocked when I suddenly approached. I'm sorry about that."

 

"No, don't be! I'm just confused, that's all. Please to meet you, Chorong-ssi...?"

 

"Call me unnie." 

 

I smiled, "Okay then, Chorong unnie!"

 

She returned the smile before glancing at the fallen petals on the ground, "So... Does the one you like loves you or not?" she asked.

 

"Eh?"

 

She pointed at the ground, "You can't let the flowers decide if the one you like likes you or not, you know..."

 

"Oh..." finally understanding what she means. “I can't really ask her directly anyway. Playing with the flowers won't hurt."

 

"Why don't you try? Afraid of rejection?" 

 

"No. I'm just afraid of losing her..." I looked up at the sky and sighed. "Call me stupid but I'm happy with this, just beside her..."

 

"No, I don't think it's stupid. You are just being passionate about your feelings if that's the right term hahaha. Anyway, what do you mean her...?"

 

I nodded while giving a sad smile, "Yeah... I swing that way. Though I never really liked any other girl but her. I was always attracted to guys but she's the one who really got my heart..."

 

"No, I understand!" she immediately said, "I swing the other way too. And that's the reason I approached you."

 

"Wait what?"

 

"You know Yoon Bomi, of class 3?" She asked hopefully. 

 

I nodded, "She's in Dance Club so we kinda meet sometimes whenever our club goes in the auditorium to practice. Basically, they do their practices there more often. Why?"

 

Her smile got wider before clasping both of her hands together and pouting at me. "Can you pretty please help me? Please...?????"

 

She's such a weird girl. Wait, she's not really older than me right? I mean, she's in college... But why is she acting like this???? Towards me????

 

"W-what help?"

 

She sat back down straight and took something from her bag, showing about five fancy envelopes filled with designs of hearts and roses.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter