Part 5

Petals
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Part 5

 

Kim Kibum's POV

 

I stood by the door, staring at the unconscious girl by the hospital bed. She's been asleep for the past three days. And it makes me worried. The doctors told me that she's alright and that she'll wake up soon. But three days have passed by and no responses or anything from Eunji... There's not even a single sign that she'll wake up. No one knows what exactly happened. But if I found out that it was all about that Son Naeun, trust me, I might do something really bad to her.

 

Jung Eunji was my friend. Though I know she never looks at me the same way. Well, basically she can't when all that she can see is Naeun Naeun Naeun. I hate how she gives up everything for that girl. Why does she have to love someone who didn't even think of her as more than a friend? She's stuck on that friend label but she endures it, all the pain, for that girl...

 

If only Jung Eunji can be freed from that pain.

 

"Shouldn't you go to school, kid?" The nurse asked me while standing next to me. "You've been here for three days already. That girl will wake up so you can take a rest or whatnot..."

 

"How can you be so sure, Sungjae? She's not even showing any signs of waking up or something..." I countered.

 

He just chuckled, "You know, you should be thankful for it actually. The sleep is giving her some time for herself, to rest. She has some time to not think of anything and just have a deep slumber. Isn't that good?"

 

I just shrugged.

 

At the same time, Eunji's mom came inside the room along with Eunji's little brother Minki. Minki saw me and happily skipped to punch me playfully on the arm, "Hello, Hyung!"

 

"Hello, kiddo!" I grinned before messing his hair, "You're unnie is still asleep, actually. Want me to play with you for a while instead."

 

He was about to nod his head when Eunji's mom came to me, "Kibum-ah... You should go home now. You've been here for a long time already. Go and take a rest. I'll look after Eunji tonight..."

 

"Oh no, ahjumma. I'll go home but later... I promised this guy to play with him."

 

She just shook his head, "Come with me, Minki. Let's get some coffee in the cafeteria. Kibum, follow us. I'll see you off, arasso? You should take care of yourself well..."

 

I just give a defeated sigh before nodding my head. Minki just gave a sad smile before walking outside to follow her mom.

 

I followed closely behind but as I was about to close the door, I saw Sungjae standing next to Eunji's bed, muttering something in a low voice.

 

Even when it is low, I think I heard it clearly though.

 

"Are you waking up yet, Eunji-yah? There's still no reason for you to wake up though. She never showed up for those three days..."

 

I saw him gave a kiss on Eunji's forehead before smiling, "Go sleep well, my princess... Oppa will stay here and look after you, okay? So just sleep and rest your heart..."

 

I didn't hear anything more because the door closed on its own.

 

Third Person's POV

 

Yoon Bomi was standing nervously next to a classroom in the college department. She's been there for a while now, and she's contemplating if she should go inside or not. Finally, after gathering some courage, she knocked on the door and opened it.

 

As expected, the small girl was on her seat, her arms on the desk and she has that sad expression on her face.

 

Yoon Bomi was dead nervous inside but still walked over the girl, a teddy bear was on her hand, behind her so that no one would see.

 

"Chorong sunbaenim..." she called out to that girl.

 

The younger looking girl immediately stood up straight and was definitely shocked to see the girl she likes actually came to her classroom. And by that, she didn't even tell the kid on what class she is at. She didn't know that a day before, Bomi took her schedule in the college's administration office.

 

"Bomi-yah... Why are you here?" she asked.

 

The younger girl shrugged before taking a seat next to her. The little toy was still hidden behind her.

 

"Well... you didn't come over to my house this morning to walk me to school. And then you didn't text me. I figure out that maybe you are busy and tired so I came to maybe... cheer you up?" the younger girl said shyly, before showing the little bear in her hands.

 

Park Chorong was indeed sad today. If you are asking why, then the answer was just twirling around a certain girl named Yoon Bomi that she likes so much. She first saw the girl on a dance festival in the city and instantly fell in love with her the moment she flashed that adorable smile on the older. Since then, Park Chorong stalked, admired the younger girl from afar. Lucky for her, their schools were in the same place and on the same campus so she can easily walk around and spot the younger girl.

 

Her confession last week was indeed a success since the younger accepted her offer of a date. They've gotten to know each other and she's even walking the younger one to school every morning and every afternoon even if it was not exactly needed because Yoon Bomi was a black belter in taekwondo. Still, the younger one didn't refuse and even let her.

 

However, Bomi was not opening up to Chorong. Yes, they talk... But it was Chorong who always initiated the conversation.

 

Bomi would just agree and never was the first move.

 

And that's the reason why Chorong is sad. Because the treatment just proves that maybe Bomi doesn't even see her as someone more than a friend. She can't even consider the older girl as her friend since they barely even know each other, well she barely knows Chorong. 

 

Well, that was before...

 

Chorong was so happy this moment that she wants to scream out loud and jump hyperactively because Yoon Bomi approached her first this time! The latter even brought a gift for her.

 

And the girl even took an effort to go to her class when she's pretty sure that the younger one was busy enough.

 

"You can give a name to the bear if you want..." Yoon Bomi spoke out before placing the bear in front of the older one for her to see.

 

Park Chorong held the bear and grinned. It was the best gift she ever received and it's not even her birthday yet.

 

"Thanks, Bbom-ah..." She managed to speak out loud.

 

"It's nothing... Chorong unnie."

 

Chorong's heart is fluttering crazily. It was the first time Yoon Bomi addressed her as unnie. And the way she said it was so sweet and cute that could melt anyone's hearts, especially Park Chorong's.

 

"So... You're finally giving me a chance?" she asked.

 

The younger one smiled cheekily before standing up and offering her hand to her unnie, "Let's go unnie..."

 

"Hey is this your way of asking me out on a date?!?!"

 

The celebration of Park Chorong was cut short though. The younger held her hand tighter before speaking, "We're not going to have a date unnie. Maybe tomorrow. Eunji needs us right now..."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter