Chapter 7

Guardian

Chapter 7

 

The next morning Jonghyun had his breakfast after his usual morning hunt. He then threw on a hooded cloak before leaving his house with a regretful sigh, ‘This is going to .’ He thought as he left the comfort and safety of his clan. He placed the hood over his head and made his way to find his so called, “protected”.

 

Key and Taemin were looking at the new fixed up, remodeled, room. “Not bad, not bad at all.” Key said marveling at their work.

Taemin nodded, “Yeah, it looks good, thank you hyung.” the boy hugged the older. Key smiled slightly and awkwardly patted Taemin’s shoulder. Since the younger had persuaded Key to let him and Minho stay, Taemin had one goal, to let Key feel wanted, needed, and, most importantly, loved. He wanted to let Key know that there’s no reason he should’ve been alone, he wanted to show him that he had friends, too.

“Well, enjoy the room.” Key said a little shyly. Taemin nodded.

Key then made his way out of the room and said, “I’ll go and get something to eat, while I’m out help Minho get rid of the junk that’s left over from remodeling.” Taemin nodded following the older out until they reached the living room. Minho was using any supernatural strength he had to dismantling the unneeded furniture from the now remodeled room; anything that was wood or cloth stayed for fire wood and cleaning cloths, while everything else was thrown out.

“Ok, so, I’m off to get something’s for lunch.” He said as he slipped into his shoes, then muttering the next part, “d-do you guys want something special?” The guardian looked at his protected then back at Key,

“No hyung, what ever you want is fine with us.” They replied. Key nodded and left the house.

As he made his way through town, Key became lost in thought. Ever since he let Taemin and Minho live with him, he’s been feeling different than usual, it was weird. He’s been a lot lighter, more up beat in general.

Is this what it feels like to be happy?

His thoughts were interrupted when a scream broke through the silent murmur of the crowd. Key, like most of the people in the area, was on full alert. The scream sounded like it came from the alley a little ways away from him, should he ignore it? Even if he was that kind of person, when someone screamed like that, it couldn’t be ignored. He briskly made his way to the alley. He had to travel a lot farther back into the alley to see what was going on. A woman was being mugged, she was being pressed to the wall by a man who seemed so familiar, but couldn’t jog Key’s memory, he reminded him of the same guy that was bothering Taemin and Minho.

Where’s her guardian?

Looking around, briefly, he found the said guardian being pinned down by the mugger’s guardian. A fire demon being pinned down like that, it must’ve been embarrassing.

“Hey, leave her alone!” Key called out to the man, gaining his attention rather quickly. The mugger made his way over to Key, shoving his hand into his pocket he took out the shiny pistol and jabbed it lightly to the younger boy’s chest,

“Do you have some sort of death wish kid? If you do, I’m more than willing to comply.” He stated with a dirty smirk. He forced Key to the wall, the gun now pushing in a little more forcefully to his chest.

Just my luck.

 

 Jonghyun was sitting on the roof top of one of the houses near the market. He was observing the people down below; he wore a disgusted look on his face.

Pathetic.

He watched the guardians walked along side their protected, it was pathetic, he thought. There was one that stood out from the rest, he was alone there was no trace of a guardian that was with him. He had feline like features and seemed to carry himself well. He looked confident standing tall, but the subtle way that his head hung low made Jonghyun think that that this boy was not as high and mighty as he thinks he is. He had heard the scream then, everyone did. The boy that had caught his eye was looking towards the alley, he seemed to contemplate on whether to go into the alley. He had made his way into the alley, then. Jonghyun quickly leapt off the roof only to land on the next roof next to the alley, to keep an eye on the boy.

This has to be the guy, right?

He thought that the boy was crazy to handle the mugging on his own, especially when he was at gun point. This situation, and the fact that no guardian came to help the boy, proved to Jonghyun that he had found the person that was looking for.

He watched the scenario unfold before him, the boy being shoved against the wall, the gun moving his gun from his chest to his temple; it drove Jonghyun almost to a maddening state.

“This must be the guy.” He muttered to himself and leapt down into the alley.

 

He really thought that he had pushed his luck, this time. The guy was serious about pulling the trigger. Key’s life flashed before his eyes almost briefly. He was getting ready to let it end, but a dark figure tackled the mugger to the ground making the pistol fly out of his hand and off to the far side of the pinned down fire demon. The hood from the figure’s cloak slid off his head revealing his dark chocolate hair, his pale skin with a hint of a tan, and his red piercing eyes. This guy was a vampire. The red orbs traveled to Key’s widened, shock filled eyes,

“Do you need an invite, run?!” He hissed. Key’s legs moved on their own, turning his body and running out of the alley and into the large crowd in the market.

 

Jonghyun turned to the man that was underneath him. Growling, he leaned in, whispering,

“If you do so much as threaten him, I’ll rip out your tongue. Do you understand me?”

Pulling back to see the man nodding, he released him only to watch him and his guardian run off. The fire demon helped his protected gather her things before thanking Jonghyun and escorting his protected home.

“Great, I lost him, now I need to play hide and seek with the human again.” He chuckled to himself.


 

A/N:

Hello everyone!

 Sorry it took me so long to update this, I am starting school this week so, I had to get ready for everything.

On the previous chapter I got a request to make the chapter so the dialogue is easier to read so I hope this helps a little bit.

Also, on my blog here on AFF my giveaway is up! its not open yet, but all of the information is there so please check it out!

GIVE AWAY!