Chapter 25

Guardian

Chapter 25

Jonghyun was walking down the halls of the castle trying to find Key’s room. He was happy that his father didn’t get too upset with him, if anything he was more surprised that he actually decided to become a guardian. As he turned the corner, he saw the king leaving a room. The human smiled at the vampire and beckoned the boy over to him. The vampire bowed politely to the king and said, “thank you for looking after them, your majesty.” The king chuckled, “now I know you’re my guardian’s son, so formal. I am glad to finally be able to meet you Jonghyun. I can see that you care about your protected very much and I trust that this will continue in the future.” He said placing a hand on Jonghyun’s shoulder. The vampire nodded, “yes sir.” The king smiled, “good, now go on and see your protected I’m sure you’re worried. The healers tell me that there was no permanent damage and he’ll make a full recovery after some days to rest.” Jonghyun smiled and thanked the king before going inside Key’s recovery room.


 

Inside he sat next to the human who was awake and looking at the vampire, they looked at each other. It was as if they were having a silent conversation with one another. Key reached for Jonghyun’s hand and gave the other boy a small smile. The vampire returned the smile and leaned foreword taking Key’s hand, then pressing their foreheads together. Jonghyun pulled back slightly and watched as Key averted his gave to his and Jonghyun’s intertwined hands. Jonghyun gulped and began to speak, “Key, about what I said before, you know my confession, I just want you to know that I spoke the truth, no matter what you think. I was being honest with my feelings toward you.” Key brought his gaze back to the vampire, he had felt this sensation before, Jonghuyn was trying to establish a bond with him and after all that happened Key was just happy that he wanted to stay with him. “Jonghyun, I’m sorry about everything. I know you didn’t want to be stuck with me, but I was happy to have a guardian. I want you to stay with me, but if you want to go back to your clan I won’t stop you.” Jonghyun looked at the human and leaned in, placing his lips against his protected. They felt it, something pulling them closer and tying invisible strings together. They had created and sealed their bond in that instant. Jonghyun pulled back reflecting the slight shocked look that was on Key’s face. “D-did we do what I think we did?” Jonghyun wondered. Key gulped and nodded he brought his arms around his guardian’s neck, “does this mean you’ll stay?” Jonghyun nodded and they kissed again, strengthening the bond even more.


 

Onew was helping Changmin out of bed. Out of the three humans, Changmin was the one who wasn’t as badly injured. Taemin and Key were in more need of medical attention, but he still needed some treatment even if they were minor injuries. “I’m glad you’re alright.” Onew said. Changmin smiled and replied, “I am glad that you’re unharmed, don’t ever do that again, or I’ll clobber you myself.” Onew chuckled and leaned against the human, “Changmin you know, when I lost control that first time. I was terrified, a lot of things went through my mind, but I was more worried about hurting you than anything else.” He said a little sadly. Changmin smiled and replied, “Onew, you are the one person that can touch me, you know that already. I trust you and besides, you need to learn how to lean on me a little, have some faith in me, ok?” Onew nodded, “right, I understand.”


 

Minho was helping Taemin to sit up in bed. The human’s arm was put into a sling and he was given some pain killers for his headache that he woke up with. “Taemin, I’m sorry, I can’t believe I actually attacked you like it was nothing. I should be punished with injuries not you.” Taemin smiled gently Minho was really beating himself up over this. “Hyung, don’t worry about it ok? There is no reason for a punishment; you didn’t attack me on purpose. I know you too well, hyung.” Minho leaned in and hugged his protected gently, to not cause him anymore pain. “Taemin, I’m so sorry….I’m sorry…” Taemin chuckled lowly and replied, “It’s alright, please don’t get so worked up about it, everyone’s alright and that’s what matters right?” Minho pulled back and nodded before he slowly leaned in and pressed his lips to the younger boy’s tightening their bond.