Chapter 13

Guardian

Chapter 13

Day turned into night and pretty soon Key and Jonghyun were the only two in the office. "Key don't you think you should call it a night?" Jonghyun wondered walking over to the younger who was filling out some documents. Key sighed, he knew he probably should finish up for the night, but he wanted to get his work done. "I can't, I want to finish this, you can go home first, I'll be there soon." Jonghyun shook his head, “what do you take me for?” he questioned. He turned Key around in his chair so he was looking straight at the vampire, “Key, you’re going to collapse if you continue working like this, please let’s go home.” Since when did Jonghyun start pleading? What in the world was happening to him? What was Key doing to him? Key sighed and stood up slightly drowsy he stumbled into Jonghyun’s arms. “See I told you." Key sighed and nodded, he was too tired, so he gave up, "fine, fine, you win." he uttered tiredly. Jonghyun sat Key down at his desk and gathered his things putting them into his bag, “Jonghyun, I can do it, its ok.” Key puffed out completely tired. Jonghyun ignored the younger and picked up his bag and helped the younger up, “come on, let’s go. Taemin and Minho are waiting.” Key nodded and slowly followed the vampire out of the building before locking it up with a set of keys that are always left out for him.

            As they were walking home, Jonghyun stayed close to Key; he didn’t want the human to collapse, but at the same time, he didn’t want something or someone to attack. He had this feeling ever since they left Key’s building. The town was way too quiet, Key seemed uneasy. “This is way to quiet; some of the bars should be open still.” Key said to the older boy. Jonghyun’s eyes darted back and forth, foreword and back behind them. “Jonghyun look.” Key gasped out. Jonghyun turned to see three creatures creep up to them. Jonghyun recognized them, they were guardians. Something was different about them. They seemed to act like wild animals, not like guardians who are going to protect someone. “Jonghyun let’s get out of here.” Key said with a hint of fear in his voice. Jonghyun couldn’t believe it, Key was scared. He wasn’t scared when he first saw him at gun point, but now he was scared. Jonghyun stood in front of Key and growled, “You will not lay a finger on him.” Jonghyun warned to the crazed creatures. However, the creatures took that warning as a challenge they pounced separating the guardian from the protected. Key couldn’t locate Jonghyun when the creatures attacked even though there were only three of them, it was still to many for one take on. He had kicked them out of the way when they attacked him, but with his physical strength slowly going down, he found himself backing up as the crazed guardians kept coming. 'Jonghyun where are you?' Key thought as his back hit the wall of a closed shop.

            It happened in a flash, in an instant. Jonghyun appeared in front of Key. His eyes shined a deep bright red, his fangs protruding from his mouth, and his claws elongated ready to fight. He growled angrily, these creatures ticked him off and now they are seeing the true Jonghyun, the enraged Jonghyun, "get away from him." He growled. Key's eyes widened. He had never seen this kind of side to Jonghyun, it was frightening, was this what a true vampire looked like when they were angry? The crazed guardians sensed that something wasn't right, there was something different, off even, about Jonghyun. They began to cautiously back away and once they were a good distance away from him, they ran off. Key slid down the wall happy that this was over, but at the same time he was shocked. Jonghyun was different now, he wasn't the same laid back, mellow, Jonghyun. He looked like he was out in the wild ready to go get a fresh kill. Jonghyun turned around to Key and crouched down to him. Key found himself pressing back into the wall. "don't be afraid." He heard the vampire say. Key saw how the vampire was panting, calming himself down. "Are you alright?" He wondered, gently looking Key over with his eyes, as if to make sure that there were no injuries. Key nodded, “I-I’m alright.” Jonghyun knew that Key was beyond exhausted. Something inside of him tugged when he saw how tired the younger was.

            He lifted the younger on his back and grabbed a Key’s bag, “Jonghyun…what are you doing?” Key asked a small blush coming up across his face. “Relax, I’ll carry you the rest of the way home.” He heard the vampire reply. Key didn’t understand why he was behaving like this, but something inside him told him that it was ok to trust Jonghyun, it was ok to accept him as a guardian, as his guardian. However, Key was still doubtful, but Jonghyun was everything he had wanted, he still was doubtful.

            When they arrived home, Key had fallen asleep on Jonghyun’s back. He brought the younger to his room and placed him onto his bed before going back downstairs where Minho sat waiting, “You two are late, what happened?” he wondered. Jonghyun looked at Key’s bedroom door and then turned back to Minho and said, “We were attacked.” 


 

Hello

Here is the next update!

So sorry it took me a little bit, I have a midterm comming up so I am spending most of my time studying now.

So yes, but I hope you enjoy~!

^.^