The Person He Loves.

The Person You Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Thursday, 3rd September, 2015.

After having considered for quite a while, I decided to use the original plot's ending. I hope it worths the wait.

I wrote one third of the last parts at work sneaking between job and stuff. Keke. So.. you know.. might come out weirder than the usual clicheness.

 

 

15. The Person You love.


Jaejoong flinches. Their plan is simple. Was simple. Jaejoong distracted Mrs. Shim while Changmin secured his mother’s phone and used it to contact Junsu. Simple, right? It should be. Jaejoong did his best keeping the lady busy then he would leave the Shims’ residence a little latter after Changmin. It should have ended there.

“Leaving? Wouldn’t you say something after deceiving me?”

The casual question catches Jaejoong by surprise. “I have long day tomorrow, mom. Must be home soon.”

The woman puts on an innocent cold look. “I’m not talking about your schedule. I’m talking about you and Changmin’s little act deceiving me. Aren’t you going to at least give me good excuses why my phone was missing when Changmin was here?”

Jaejoong gulps. “Your phone was missing?”

“Drop the innocent cover, Jaejoong.” The mother says in serious tone. “I didn’t ask Changmin because he looked too pitiful so I ask you instead. What’s going on?”

How would Jaejoong answer the question? “I really need to go, mom.” He zips his jacket abruptly. “I cancelled more than five classes this week. I need to map the make-up ones. Thanks for the dinner. It’s always wonderful.”

The mother doesn’t budge. “You have five cancelled classes yet you still came here leisurely and helped Changmin.” She crosses her arms. “I know how close you two are, I appreciate that. I know you have been keeping something behind me. I let it slip since you are both well matured adults. I know Changmin is going through something right now, I won’t interfere till I think I need to but you.” She points her finger at Jaejoong’s chest. “Trespassed my tolerance. You deceived me. You think I’m that easy now because I’m old, huh?”

Jaejoong stands still. Min Ae and Mr. Shim’s voices in the living room can slightly be heard.

“Now spill it or you both regret I lay my hand it in.”

“Mom.” Jaejoong doesn’t like to be cornered. “I have no right to say a thing about Changmin. You should hear it from him.”

“Fine.” The mother snorts. “Then explain yourself.”

“Me?” jaejoong raises his eyebrow. “What do I have to explain?”

“A lot, young man.” The mother says. “You have no idea.”


--


They sit across from each other in the dining room. The tension and the whirling emotions have gone replaced by better acceptance of their current situation.

“You should have just confronted me.” Changmin breaks the comforting silence. “I didn’t mean to keep all those mails from you, Junsu. Sometimes, I even forgot they are there.”

“I didn’t mean to find or read them either.” Junsu admits. “It just happened when I was looking for some contacts in your mail book. I’m sorry.”

“And you chose to say nothing about it?”

“I did something.” Junsu huffs. “I tried to be more tolerable Junsu.”

“I wrote them when I was angry.” Changmin’s both hands are on the table. “We had quite bad days back then, didn’t we? We walked through them well.” He reminisces.” Is that why you easily forgive me now? You don’t want us to fight anymore?”

“It doesn’t matter.” Junsu says. “Isn’t it better we could talk things down without shouting at each other?”

“It’s better indeed.” Changmin agrees. “But it feels worse. You just forgave me like I did nothing wrong. I felt a lot worse than when we argued badly but points taken. Guess we are going to argue better from now on.” He jokes.

“Mom is going to chop you.”

“Let’s not worry over that. She’ll find it out soon. I’ll deal with it.” Changmin starts to smile. “Is there anything else I need to clear?”

Junsu shakes his head. “You have explained it all in your mail.”

“It’s the plan B in case you aren’t home tonight. I left my phone and laptop here hoping that you’ll notice them when you’re finally home.”

“If I don’t come home tonight?”

“Well..” Changmin shrugs. “I have no choice but knocking on your parents’ door. It’s the last option in my list, though. We know it never ends well whenever our parents are involved in our arguments.”

“I’m sorry.” Junsu apologizes. “I said I grew up but I’m still that immature Junsu leaving home causing troubles for you. I didn’t plan to spend two nights away from home. I just need to.. clear my head.”

“I understand.” Changmin assures his husband. “It gave me room to think too. So, are we even now?”

Junsu nods, smiling. “Even.”

“No more doubts that I love you?” Changmin teases.

“Um.. perhaps a little bi-

“Jaejoong and I are friends now, Su.” The tall husband cuts Junsu’s sentence. “We have sorted everything in the past and agreed to remain as good friends. No more. I know it takes time to prove my sentence. Give me time.”

Junsu lets out small low chuckle. “Was saying perhaps you’re too much.” His eyes tinkle. “I trust you. You don’t have to prove anything.”

“No, baby, I mean it. If you don’t like me calling him or meeting him, just say it. I will not call or meet him anymore unless you feel okay with it.”

“I’m okay.” Junsu smiles wider. “You make me sound like I’m some crazy possessive *****.”

“Aren’t you?” Changmin grins. “I’d prefer the old jealous Junsu who bared his fangs, teeth and claws at anyone you thought was trying to get my attention.”

“No way.” Junsu makes a face. I wasn’t that bad.”

“You weren’t bad at all.” Changmin laughs. “Just jealous. I like it.”

“Stop making fun of me, you tall tree! I might take my words back!”

“You won’t!” Changmin’s laugh drops to the floor taken over by his serious tone. “You’d marry me. No taking back.”

“Wanna try?”

“Not funny, Junsu!” Changmin snaps. “Don’t joke over our marriage anymore.”

Junsu’s eyes soften. “Sorry.”

“Forgiven.” Changmin leans forward. “Can I ask something?”

“Hm?” Junsu copies Changmin, leaning forward.

“The reasons why you eat so little. If it’s not diet, where’s your appetite missing?”

Junsu unconsciously leans back to his previous sitting position. “I don’t know. I just feel like I’m not that hungry.”

Changmin extends his hand on the table touching Junsu’s hand. “Everyone says you eat less and less. Please tell me the reason, Junsu. You can’t possibly feel full all the time.”

“I eat well.” Junsu defends. “Just not that hungry. I swear, Min.”

Changmin looks into his husband’s beady eyes longer. “Would you promise to eat more from now on?”

Junsu lowers his head. “I’ll try.”

“Look at me and repeat it. You’ll eat more from now on.” Changmin demands. “We’ll restart everything and I need my husband to eat well like before.”

“Min..”

“I’ll order your favorite dishes every day, if necessary.” Changmin taps Junsu’s fingers. “Just eat more. Or, shall we have meal outside?”

“Stop it.” Junsu hisses. “You’re making fun of me again.”

“I’m not.” Changmin’s fingers caress Junsu’s. “We are going to fix everything together. It’s very difficult to find and call you back to me. I’m not risking any chance of you slipping out of my hold anymore.”

The smile on Junsu’s lips is soft yet very genuine and heartwarming.


--


Changmin stirs lazily in bed. He won’t make it to work today again. He squirms a bit straightening his legs and arm then go back to sleep.

Junsu suppresses his laugh. He sits down in bed next to Changmin’s waist. “Eight am, your majesty. Not having breakfast? Going to work?” He presses his cool from freshly bath fingers on Changmin’s cheek.

“Get out!!” Changmin grunts shoving the cool fingers away. “Ouutt!! Suuuu!!”

The husband chuckles. “Come on. It’s eight already.”

Changmin pulls Junsu in. “You shouldn’t be up early.” He complains. “We need decent sleep.”

“I’ve slept a lot these two days.” Junsu leans away from the pull. “You really don’t plan to leave bed?”

Changmin’s closed eyes open half. “Nope.” He sees Junsu already bathed and dressed up. “Uh? Where are you going?”

“Return the car to Junho.” Junsu plants a morning kiss on Changmin’s exposed arm. “Before he hunts me down.”

“Can’t it wait later?” Changmin rubs his eyes. “We’ve just made up. I deserve some morning cuddle time.”

Junsu rolls his eyes. “I’m hungry.”

“Right.” Changmin grins. “You are always super hungry after we make- Ooww.” He rolls away from Junsu. “No physical abuse in the morning, mister.” He warns as he rubs his pinched waist.

“You want breakfast or not?” Junsu glares.

“Yes, sir.”

“You have fifteen minutes to clean yourself and be presented in the dining room for breakfast.”

“Aren’t you going to clean me?”

Changmin gets an accurate thrown bolster in return.

 

“You said you’re hungry.” Changmin eyes Junsu’s plate and bowl. “That’s not even decent for a hungry person.”

“Please don’t apply your hungry standard on me.” Junsu replies. “Your level of hungry and the rest of the world’s population level are different.”

The tall husband sneers. “Are you going to other place after seeing Junho?”

Junsu nods. He needs to see the divorce lawyer he hired by phone last night.

“Hara?” Changmin asks.

“I guess so.”

“Should I drive you? I’m taking work leave again today.” Changmin offers.

“Umm..” Junsu is thinking. “I’ll drive the car to Junho.”

“Afterward?”

“Maybe I’ll just go home if I manage to escape from Junho’s wrath alive.” Junsu takes another spoonful of meal into his mouth. “I’m not sure how long he’ll sit me through his lecture, though.”

“Okay.” Changmin nods. “I’ll be home all day. Just give me a call if you change your mind. I’ll pick you up.”

 

 

There’s unwritten and unspoken law in their apartment that both parents would not come visiting unannounced unless it’s emergency so when Changmin sees his mother’s upset look in his door not long after Junsu left, he shoot questions at the woman instead of greeting.

“Mom? What brought you here?”

The mother storms inside in heavy clacking heels. “We need to talk. Is Junsu home?”

Changmin closes the door in astonishment. “He’s just left fifteen minutes ago. What’s going on, mom?”

She turns around dramatically. Changmin nearly jumps back when his mother abruptly turns around facing him.

“Have you really finished your love book with Jaejoong?”

Changmin is more than just surprised. His mother just said Jaejoong?

“Don’t you dare trying to lie, Shim Changmin.” The angry tone and cold eyes of his mother’s hit Changmin’s awareness. “I thought it’s over when you married Junsu. Why do you think I like Junsu so much, Min? because he’s stubborn enough to marry and live with you. I thought you had given up on your love to Jaejoong. I didn’t think much when Jaejoong came back here since you’re already married. I never thought..

“Mom.” Changmin feels all his hair stands up from the indictment. “Jaejoong and I are close friends. What make you think otherwise?”

“Really?” The mother demands. “No more but close friends? so close that Junsu couldn’t take it and left home which gave you right to deceive me using my phone to talk to him?”

Changmin sighs. “Please sit down. I’ll tell you everything.” He exhales low. “And please leave Jaejoong out of it. He just helped me clearing the misunderstanding between Junsu and I.”


--


“I’m glad you still have some senses.” Junho smacks his brother’s shoulder. “You must pay the fine for driving an unregistered car. You should thank Marco for that.”

“I will.” Junsu cringes. The smack and the punch are painful.

“So, are you taking the car with you after the registration process is done?”

“I don’t know.” Junsu shrugs. “Let’s see it later.”

Junho punches the brother again, lightly. “You brat moron little duck.”

Junsu receives the punch openly. “Sorry for ruining your night.”

“You should.” Junho grimaces. “Be grateful I’m feeling generous and forgiving today or else.” He stares at his brother. “You won’t talk to me about it, huh?”

“About what?”

“The reasons you spent two nights in Tristar.” Junho says. “I got the report from Tristar rep about your staying. I should have read the report sooner. I was busy with something else. Vaya read it coincidentally. She went to you, didn’t she? We argued because she didn’t tell me.”

Junsu merely rubs his smacked shoulder. “No important reasons. I just feel like sleeping there.”

“Yeah right.” Junho snorts. “If only Young Pil said nothing about you frantically asked him to check on the passenger list flying to Australia.”

Junsu chuckles. It sounds so long ago. “Just small misunderstanding. The usual.”

“Your usual misunderstanding is barging into my apartment late at night, driving an unregistered car in full speed and asking people to check flight abroad?” Junho whistles. “Changmin must have had a lot of patience and perseverance.”

“He does.” Junsu agrees. “I was acting immature again last night. I’m sorry, Mr. Ceo Kim. I would not repeat it anymore in the future. I promise.”

Junho snorts at it. “Whatever.” He tsks. “You really won’t tell me?”

Junsu looks back into his older brother’s concern eyes. ”It’s really a small misunderstanding, Junho. We have straightened everything out between us.” He smiles assuring the brother. “I’m the childish one like always. I blew it bigger than it actually was. So typically me, right?”

Junho wants to second his brother’s self-blame but something inside him holds him back. Junsu’s eyes are too plain for someone who claimed he has everything well under control. He sees thin sadness on them too which covered by his brother’s effort to smile.

“I’ve learned my second lesson.” Junsu leans onto Junho’s side. Their arms brush. “Changmin would do anything to fix what’s wrong. I should have trusted him more.”

Changmin would do anything to mend their marriage. Junsu has proved it. It’s his turn to complete Changmin’s effort.


--


“Look who’s coming.” Mama Kim examines her youngest son’s figure from top to toe. “I heard someone spent a couple of night playing hide and seek.”

Junsu laughs. “I heard someone yelled over the phone to my brother.”

“He deserved it.” Mama Kim opens her arms for a hug. Junsu complies with the invitation. He hugs his mother freely.

“He deserved what, mama?”

“Some pills.” Mama Kim pats her son’s back. “The Jung is one of our competitive rivals but they are good people. Dropping bad words against one of their son is not appropriate.”

“Does it mean I’d get some pills too?” Junsu pouts. “I punched the Jung person in the face.”

The mother laughs as she releases their hug. “I guess it’s fair. No pills for you.”

Junsu grins. “Is mama going to see papa? Can I tag along? I won’t be long, I promise. I have to go home soon.”

“Only if you care telling me what happened last night. The buzz sounds promising.”

“When would you just put your nose and ears off to yourself, mama?”


--


Changmin picks the call on second ring. “Are you on the way home?”

“In two or three hours.” Junsu says. There’s quite noise behind him. “Mama holds me down for quick snack. Have lunch first.”

“Three hours?” Changmin frowns. “Why so long for a snack?

“Because Junho, Vaya and papa are ganging against me.” Junsu tattles. “It’s not fair I have to face all of them here by myself.” He whines. “It’s hard to even sneak away to call you. Is it okay?”

Changmin hears the free teasing and laughter from Junsu’s end. He smiles. Of course it’s okay. “Alright. Be strong.” Then he remembers his mother’s arrival. “Su, I think I need to see Jaejoong. Mom came here not long after you left. She attacked Jaejoong first before me. She’ll attack you too soon.”

“Eh? Mom came? How did she know?”

“She didn’t know the whole picture yet, just few dangerous parts. Do you mind?”

“What are you waiting for?” Junsu bites his lower lip. “Go. He must feel bad.”

“You really don’t mind?”

“I’ll go see Jaejoong myself.” Junsu tightens his hold over the phone.

Changmin breathes deeper. “I’ll call you when I’m already there so you could hear what we are talking about.”

“Min.” Junsu smiles. “Don’t frame me into crazy jealous ***** in front of him, please.”

“I don’t mind.” Changmin grins.

Junsu ends his call in annoyance. Changmin really needs to stop making fun of him.


--


“New apartment?” Yoochun frowns.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter