Trust.

The Person You Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

friday, 21st August 2015

 

 

10. Trust.

 

Tuesday, 2.27 pm.

The airport is not as crowded as Changmin’s departure day. He gets his luggage looking around in case he sees someone he knows. He told Junsu no need to pick him up from airport because Changmin is going straight to office to take care of something which is a lie.

He isn’t going to office. He’s got his delayed four days off of work starts from tomorrow. His arrival from Japan is considered the wrapping up of his responsibility as prep team leader. He needs to see someone.

The phone in his pocket vibrates. Changmin fishes it out taking the call.

“I’m heading there.” Changmin says without greeting. “Give me an hour and a half. I didn’t bring my car with me. Gotta grab some transport first.”

The voice in the other end speaks in clear firm tone.

“Got it. I’ll see you there.”

He hails airport taxi proceeding to the mentioned destination. An open yet secluded lobby of Jonghyun’s travel agent company. Changmin drags his heavy travel bag as his eyes scanning the area. He spots a man lounging in around the corner holding a newspaper. He nods at the receptionist gesturing that he’s in the motion for the figure sitting comfortably near the window then leads his feet and travel bag to the pointed man.

Yunho casually flips the newspaper page he’s reading. “You should have warned me with whom I’m dealing with.”

“I’ve explained enough.” Changmin longs his legs.

“Not accurate enough.” Yunho keeps reading. “I was very close to spent nights behind the bar and got fired without a chance to defend myself. Kim Junho is not a joke.”

“Junho is very close to Junsu.” Changmin admits. “And protective. I thought Junsu’s parents were the thick iceberg I had to climb over for marrying him until I met Kim Junho.”

“Thanks for the concern.” Yunho folds the newspaper laying it down on the table separating them. “I didn’t get to meet Kim Junho in person but I did get a good experience of his fast agile power influence. I got caught stalking your husband yesterday afternoon. I spent the rest of the day in local police station using every excuse I could utter to save myself from Kim Junho’s fingers.”

Changmin huffs. “So, you got anything?”

Yunho leans his back on the sofa. “Nothing much for confirming your suspicion. I did extended digging after I managed ducking out of prison. It’s easier than I thought. Your husband didn’t hide anything from public scrutiny. His family is the fishy one. All the rich are. No surprise.”

“He’s not seeing someone?”

“Does Kim Junho count as someone?”

“No.”

“No.” Yunho reinforces. “But I just had one day and a half tailing him. It usually takes weeks or months before an affair is exposed. That’s for amateur. A pro would cost a luck and long months of surveillance before we could detect an affair.”

“Weeks, huh?” Changmin exhales.

“I suggest you drop it here.” Yunho says. “I did it because you are Jonghyun’s friend and he said you’re a good man. I don’t see why you assume your husband is having affair with someone else. He went to your parents’ house on the first day of your departure to Japan. He went meeting his brother yesterday. He went nowhere else but the café and home. Why would he bother spending time with your family if he had the perfect opportunity having fun with someone he’s seeing?”

Changmin has a feeling that this Yunho has fallen victim for Junsu’s charms too just like his mother and Chae Rie.

“He worked all day.” Yunho goes on. “I watched him working till he left the café. He did a lot for an owner. The manager often yelled at him not to mop the floor or not to clean after the tables. He was busier than the other workers that I might mistake him as the newly recruited staff hadn’t I know he’s the other owner of the café. Some rich character he is, eh?”

“That’s the change I’m talking about.” Changmin says.

“I looked into it. You said the café was reopened after they got loan investment from a bank?”

Changmin nods. Junsu knows a lot of people from the high up. It wouldn’t be hard for him to find some willing investor. Junsu refused his help, refused Junho’s offer, refused Changmin’s father’s advice, refused the Kims’ hand. He told Changmin he would try something else but in the end Hara was reopened.

“I tracked some links. The loan refers to a source; a personal bank account that receives monthly transfer from Hara’s account. I looked further. It’s a minor ex charity fund account that initially listed under the name of Kim Sha Ran. Isn’t that your mother in law’s name?”

Changmin says nothing. He has expected this but still surprised knowing it. Why didn’t Junsu tell him?

“I spoke to the other manager.” Yunho continues. “I conclude that your husband wasn’t aware of the loan source. I thought he has known it by now. Perhaps that’s why he works hard. He’s indebted to his mother. He wins my respect for not counting on his family’s wealth and for keeping good work attitude.”

“How about his new account?”

“He opened the account together with Park Yoochun’s and Hara’s second official one which they use for transferring money to your mother in law’s pseudo account. It’s a wise move, I say. I couldn’t check the number your husband keeps on his account. If he keeps the same number as Park Yoochun’s, it’s not quite a fortune for his Kim’s standard.”

“No other source? He keeps dancing around whenever I bring up the subject of buying a car.”

“I’m not sure.” Yunho replies. “I think his meeting Junho yesterday was for a car related matter. I heard shouts and curses, not harmful ones. That’s where I got caught following him.” Yunho scoffs. “Their security cameras should compete with national force department. What’s a car taking in your suspicion of him?”

“Our last big fight was because of his car.” Changmin takes deep breaths. “It’s sort of sensitive matter for us.” He looks at Yunho. “Anything else I could hear before I see him?”

“That’s all.” Yunho shakes his head shortly. “I think he needs to smile more. He didn’t smile much at work. Smiles would help him look better.” Yunho extracts A4 brown envelope handing it to Changmin. “He doesn’t look happy or excited for someone having affair. Are you sure it’s not you seeing someone else?”


--


Changmin loosens his tie. Yunho’s question caught him off guard. He is having an affair? No, of course not, Changmin reacted instantly. Who would he have affair with? His friends and coworkers know Changmin is married to a jealous rich kid who claims Changmin’s most attention as his sole right. Other than Jaejoong, Changmin rarely texts or calls people unless it’s for work or friendship matter. His hands are full already with work, Junsu, family and catching up with Jaejoong. He doesn’t hang out with friends as often as he’s single anymore. He drinks less because drinking always leads to argument with Junsu which means bad distortion and distraction for his focus at work.

How could Yunho think he is the cheating one?

It’s not Changmin who sports drastic change. It’s not Changmin who grows inexplicably awkwardness in their home. It’s not Changmin who switches their usual lovemaking drive away. It’s Junsu. Not him.

The sound of opened door and someone walking in takes Changmin’s wandering thought back to home. Very subject of his swirling thoughts is closing the door entering their apartment. Junsu is carrying the usual two paper bags of what smells like food. Their dinner. Or Changmin’s dinner since Junsu eats less and less at home.

“Hi.” Junsu greets planting a soft peck on Changmin’s cheek. “Tired? How’s the flight?” He moves forward heading to their kitchen.

“Tired.” Changmin watches his husband. “Two hours delay. Traffic. Heavy bags. Jet lag. Mom’s usual speech.”

“Sounds bad.” Junsu unwraps the paper bags. “You didn’t see mom yet?”

“No. Tomorrow, maybe?” Changmin is in the kitchen too. “We haven’t met your parents. Mom can wait.”

Junsu lifts his head. “They ain’t going anywhere.” His eyes are directed to the kitchen wall behind Changmin. “We’ll go see mama after you get rest. Dinner?”

Why is Junsu reluctant to bring Changmin meets his parents? They visited the Kims in turn with the Shims fine before. Why the sudden reluctance? Junsu went seeing Changmin’s parents as often as he feels like it but Changmin couldn’t do the same favor to Junsu’s parents. His work and the Kims’ busy life do not match well unless they make time for it. His mother and Junsu’s aren’t that close of an in-laws but they are on good ground. Both of the parents dote on Junsu more than on Changmin. It’s a given from the Kims’ side as Junsu is their youngest son but.. from the Shims’ side, Changmin feels it’s unfair that his mother takes Junsu’s side better than her own son.

“I miss dining at home.” Changmin brings the used plates and glasses to kitchen. “You don’t miss me, Su?”

“You’re being silly.” Junsu helps Changmin cleaning their table up. “Of course I miss you.”

“You didn’t call me much.” Changmin protests. “Just texts and mails.”

“Time differences?” Junsu suggests. “International calls?”

“You didn’t care

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter