New Friends

Love at First Hi-Touch [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

HANA POV

You slid the door open and carefully walk into the classroom. Your legs nearly gave under when you saw twenty pairs of eyes turn to you and Jungkook. Teacher Kim strides in behind you and roughly rapts the podium with his ruler.

"CLASS! Settle down now. We have two new students here today. Well, technically one, but Jungkook has not attended in quite a while so we'll consider him a new student." The whole room started to whisper amongst eachother and all the girls were nearly falling out of their seats. Your eyebrow lifted up. They sure weren't falling out of their seats for you, so it had to be for Jungkook.

"Hana, Jungkook, why don't you introduce yourselves?" Teacher Kim waved his ruler around like a sword, pointing it at you.

You wanted to yank the ruler out of his hands and snap it in half. But you had to introduce yourself...it was the custom. Sheepishly, you stepped forward and gave a little wave. "H-hey guys. My name is Lee Hana. I actually moved here from America to experience school in Korea...I love to dance, specifically ballet. Hope we can get along!" You smiled and you stumbled backwards when all the boys in the class hooted.

"YOU'RE PRETTY!"

"BE MY GIRLFRIEND!"

You squirmed around in discomfort but made sure to flash a kind smile at the boys. Finally, the cheers calmed down due to Teacher Kim's threatening ruler.

"Your turn Jungkook."

Jungkook cleared his throat. You stiffled a giggle that was bubbling in your throat. He looked like he was about to pass out.

He nervousily ran a hand through his brown hair, prompting a few groans from girls. "H-h-hello. My name is Jeon Jungkook. Uh, yeah, uh n-nice to meet you!" You tilted your head at him. That's it? That's his introduction?

You jumped when all the girls in the class screamed.

"JUNGKOOK!! I LOVE YOUR MUSIC!"

"I'M YOUR BIGGEST FAN GYAKKKKKK!"

"DOPE IS DAEBAK! I NEED U JUNGKOOK!"

Jungkook rubbed the back of his neck which was turning increasingly red. You looked at him and mouthed, "who are you?" Music? Fan?

You saw panic flit across his eyes. He shrugged your question off and stared across the room, his eyes steely.

Teacher Kim tapped the podium extra loud with his ruler. "BE QUIET! Yes, yes, we are all excited that world-famous idol Jungkook is with us. But he is just like any other student so treat him like a friend!"

"Yes sir!" the class rang out in unison.

Your mouth dropped open, and you were surprised your jaw didn't graze the floor. World-class idol? Famous? Wait...

Oh my gosh. It was him! The concert that you went to a year ago, he was there! 

Jungkook mumbled a thanks and walked to the back of the room to an empty seat. He slouched into it and ducked his head, trying to attract as little attention as possible. Yet of course, that isn't easy. He was famous afterall. You followed suit and sat in the only available seat, which was next to Jungkook.

"Okay class, open your calculus textbook to page 24. We'll be starting off with a few problems..." You hastily flipped open to page 24 and then looked over at Jungkook. Your tongue was burning with all the questions you wanted to ask him.

"Why didn't you tell me you were an idol?" You whispered, glancing up to see Teacher Kim fully immersed in a word problem.

He shrugged. "You never asked."

You rolled your eyes. "Yeah, because the first thing people ask when they meet is, 'are you an idol?'"

He briefly smiled at your sass, but it quickly dissapeared when he saw people watching him. Some were even discreetly taking pictures of him. Uncomfortably, he inched away from you, keeping his eyes glued on his textbook.

You noticed this and you instantly felt bad. He had absolutely no privacy. It had only been an hour since you officially met him, but he hadn't opened up at all. You wanted to cheer the sullen boy up, so you ripped out a notebook paper and folded it into a frog. You wrote "HI FRIEND" on its back and tossed it at him when Teacher Kim's back was to the class.

Jungkook looked down at the cute frog that was thrown on his desk. He looked at you and you stuck out your tongue. Hi friend? He delicately picked up the origami frog and inspe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter