Change in Life

Love at First Hi-Touch [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

HANA POV

"WHAT?!" You screamed, slamming your fists onto the table. This is not happening. "What do you mean I have to go to Korea? I only have one year of school left here in America!"

Your mom calmly continued to slice vegetables without a care in the world. "Hana, this is all for your good. You're so distant from Korea...it's as if you completely forgot that you're Korean! Your aunt has an extra room in her apartment, and she said she'd be glad to take you for the year." 

You scoffed. Of course you were distant from Korea. You were thousands of miles away for crying out loud.

"Mom, what about ballet? What about my friends? I can't just LEAVE." You pulled at your hair and paced around the kitchen. But helplessy, you could tell it was too late. Once your mom made up her mind, she never changed it.

"There's an excellent ballet program at the school you're going to attend. You can easily make friends. Your dad and I only want the best for you Hana, you know that." She scraped the vegetables into a sizzling pan, giving the limp vegetables a few stirs.

You slouched into the dining chair and raised your arms in defeat. "Fine. I give up. But I'm definitely going to be miserable mom." You were determined to go full teenage-angst on your mom to demonstrate your obvious misery.

She smiled and tapped your scrunched nose. "There's my girl. You're leaving this saturday. Trust me Hana, this is going to be an experience you'll never forget." 

You meekily smiled back. You'll never forget it, that's for sure. "Alright mom. This is for you..." I dramatically sighed. "I guess you have to buy me those limited edition ballet flats now as a reward, hmmm?" Your mom laughed and flung a carrot at your head. You easily dodged the weapon and stuck out your tongue.

Pushing yourself off the chair, you dragged yourself up the stairs into your room with heavy footsteps. This is going to be a longgg year.

The news came much to suddenly, and you weren't even sure why you had to go. It was true; sometimes you forgot you were even Korean. But for your parents to send you to Korea just because of that reason was ridiculous. But you knew you couldn't defy your parents orders...after all, they had more power.

--

The next few days were filled with hasty preparations as you got ready to leave to Korea. Your friends all said goodbye with tears in their eyes, but you promised to keep in touch. "Girls, I'm only leaving for a year! Remember to facetime me."​

"HANA WE'LL MISS YOU!!!" It tore your heart apart to say goodbye, but you left with the comforting thought of coming back. Leaving your group of friends was just another reason why you hated the thought of going to Korea.

You made your way around your neighborhood, taking in all the familiar places that you grew up in. You wouldn't be able to grab ice-cream with your girls every Friday anymore, or go to ballet class in the danc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter