Jongup's First Day Of School [Prologue]

~Innocent Love~

My story was upvoted yesterday or two days ago... I'm not sure... So here's the prologue for little Jonguppie!

 


 


Little Jonguppie was lost, he ran inside the daycare and got lost because Himchan once told him to look at a map before entering a new place but he forgot. He didn't even notice that he was going further and further away from the front entrance, he was running as fast as his tiny legs can run, wanting to get the school day over with so he can see play with Himchan hyung. He thought of what Himchan hyung said to him, his heart ached. He didn't listen to his Himchan hyung! Tears pooled in the corner of his eyes, Himchan hyung isn't here! He's lost and no Himchan hyung!! He let the tears run freely down his face, not wiping them even after they dropped from his chin and onto the white, marble floor beneath his feet. He leaned his back against the wall and slid down until he was in the fetal position. Freely crying, nobody walking down the hallway he was in, he was completely alone. It scared him, both the thought of being alone and no Himchan hyung with him. His Himchan hyung is the only person little Jonguppie is closer to in this world and not to have him with you is like torture. Himchan had a bright smile that would lift anybody's spirit up, he says nice things which would make people like him even more. Even if Himchan had all those people as his friends, he chose to stay with his little Jonguppie!

Finally, little Jonguppie wiped the tears from his face, he can't afford to think like this! Especially if Himchan hyung is going to be waiting for him to finish daycare. If Himchan hyung was here, he would've said Don't ever give up Jonguppie, Fighting! but in a way where he would put his fist up in the air.
At the thought of his Himchan hyung, little Jonguppie brightened up! He was not lost! He can do this! Little Jonguppie stood up, determined to find his classroom.

  • First, Himchan would say; find out where you are. If you don't know, look around.

And that's what little Jonguppie did, he didn't recognize anything familiar. How could he? He's new here! Okay, skip the first step and onto the second step.

  • Second, if the first step doesn't work, try retracing your steps.

All little Jonguppie can remember is turning at least two corners somewhere. He glanced down the hallway he was in, he had to figure out which way did he come from. Earlier, before he broke down crying, he remembered there was a door with a word on it. He didn't know what that word is but he does know it had an O in it from his fruit loops. The hallway was long and he stopped right in the middle of it. He decided to test his luck and walk down the hallway where he thought he came from. As he turned the corner, he saw the word on the door! He is going to the right way!

At the thought of finding the word, he jumped up and down like a bunny. He's going to be in his class in no time! He started running down the next hallway, passing a few doors that had no words on it. Again, he came to a corner. He knew it was right because he can see the light shining through the front entrance. He ran faster, he made it! He stopped in front of the entrance, he did it!

He smiled, "I did it Himchan hyung! Thank you!" He looked around, oh! There's a lady at the front desk. Little Jonguppie didn't notice her before and the lady didn't notice Jongup either. Maybe it was because little Jonguppie's head didn't pass the desk's height. He walked up to the desk, "Excuse me?"

The lady looked up from her paperwork, "Yeah? Oh?" She doesn't see anybody, she looked down both hallways; nobody.

Little Jonguppie can see her but it seems like she can't see HIM. Himchan hyung taught him manners can get you a long way. "Down here?"

Finally the lady saw Jongup, "Oh! Hello! Can I help you?"

Little Jonguppie bowed, "I can't find my classruuuummm!" Such a long word!

"Your classroom? What's your name?" She typed on a computer.

"Jongup." He didn't know if he should say his last name so he just left it.

"Lucky you! There's only one Jongup in here!" She smiled.

He also smiled, the lady was nice.

"Do you need help finding your classroom?"

He nodded, "Yes."

She chuckled as she patted Jongup's head, "Such a polite boy. Alright then," She walked around the desk and in front of little Jonguppie. "Right this way." She motioned towards the opposite hallway where he last went.

She led the way to his classroom, it wasn't very far as the other hallway but it did take a while to get there. He was struggling to catch up because he had tiny legs. "Wait for me, please."

She glanced back before stopping, "Oops! Sorry!"

Finally little Jonguppie caught up, he smiled at her. "It's okay."

"Aigoo!" She pinched Jongup's cheeks, "So cute and polite!" She squealed excitedly.

Little Jonguppie giggled and bowed, "Thank you and you're very pretty!"

Her cheeks went red, "Aigoo! Thank you! You're so cute!" She squealed harder. She cleared , "We're almost there." She started walking again.

He nodded and followed the lady.

"You know? The kids in your new class are going to be very, very excited to have a new classmate."

Jongup blinked, "Classmate?"

The lady smiled, "Yeah, classmate. A classmate is the people in your class even if they're not your friend, they're still a classmate."

"Oh! Classmate!"

"We're here!" She stopped in front of a door and knocked.

Little Jonguppie didn't know what to expect, he went to class once before but after that, he got homeschooled. Himchan hyung didn't think he was ready yet.

 

The door opened to reveal a somewhat messy classroom from what Jongup can see since he was shorter than the lady. He saw high heels what his mother wore but this one, was black. He followed the legs up to the lady's face since that was the only way he can look up at her face. She was pretty, she looked kind of young but still really pretty.

The new lady smiled, "Is this little Jongup?"

"Little Jonguppie." He stuttered but smiled nonetheless.

She crouched down to his level, "Hmm?"

"Little Jonguppie." He repeated, his smile twitched. So nervous he was.

"Do you like to be called Little Jonguppie?" She asked.

Little Jonguppie nodded, "Y-yes."

She chuckled, "So adorable! Don't be nervous. The kids will love you!" She had such a really pretty smile. "My name is Mrs. Kim but you can call me Teacher, okay?"

He smiled and nodded, "Yes teacher."

She ruffled his hair, "Good boy little Jonguppie! You ready to come into class?"

His smile dropped, was he even ready? He glanced into the classroom, kids were doing different things; painting, colouring, playing blocks, dolls, and playing with each other. He spotted a familiar face.

 

It was Junhong!

 

Little Jonguppie smiled brightly, his Junhong didn't lie to him! He was right! He is here with little Jonguppie!

He hopped which made the two ladies giggle, "Junhong! My friend!" He shouted only to the two ladies.

"Junhong is your friend?" To which Jongup nodded. "I'm glad you have a friend. Now, are you ready now?"

This time, Jongup hesitantly nodded, "Yes, I am teacher."

"I'll be going now, bye little Jonguppie." The front desk lady waved before taking off.

Little Jonguppie waved back, "Bye!"

"Should we go in now?" The teacher asked.

"Yes teacher."

She took little Jongup's hand and walked them into the classroom, closing the door after them. "Excuse me class, time to clean up." She clasped her hand together.

Little Jonguppie was scared so he hid behind the big oak desk. His heart was running fast, beating.

As the class cleaned up their mess, Jongup used this time to calm down. Today, he was smart! Himchan is going to be so proud of him! Himchan hyung told him to be a big boy! And that's what he's going to be! He took a deep breath as he heard the teacher tell the class about the new classmate.

"We're going to have a new classmate today! He's already here so don't scare him and welcome him with a big hug! Okay?"

The class smiled, some were wiggling in their seats, some were letting out their excitement. They all couldn't wait to see and play with the new classmate! "Yes teacher!"

She looked behind the oak desk, "You ready Jonguppie?"

"Yes." She stepped back as little Jonguppie stepped out from behind the big oak desk.

"Class, this is Jongup. Jongup say hi to the class."

Little Jonguppie looked at everybody in the class, every single one of them was staring at him. His heart quickened again, his palms were sweaty, he felt light headed. Himchan came to his mind, he has to do this for his Himchan hyung! He made up his mind, he's going to do this! He bowed, "Hello, my name is Jongup but call me--"

"Jonguppie~!!" A voice shouted from the back before a tall figure ran straight at poor little Jonguppie. He hugged little Jonguppie very tightly and also picked him up from the ground by his hug.

 

It was Junhong. Again.

 

Little Jonguppie hugged back, "Junhong!" He smiled.

Soon after the class saw Junhong hug the new boy, they wanted to hug him too. The whole class got up from their seats and ran at little Jonguppie and Junhong. They tried hugging little Jonguppie but ended up making a huge group hug of the whole entire class.

"Hey! Hey! Jonguppie is mine!" Junhong shouted from within the huge group hug, trying to get people to let go of little Jonguppie. "Hands off! He's mine!"

 


I hope you enjoyed this chapter!! Being quick since my story was upvoted yesterday!

Please comment, subscribe and upvote! :D