Himchan's New School

~Innocent Love~

Just a short chapter for being gone for so long.

----------

Today was going to be a fun day for both Himchan and Jongup, they're going to make new friends, their umma was taking them out for new toys, and they're having another play date in the park.

Himchan nervously stood in front of the mirror in the bathroom, fiddling with the buttons on his shirt but he managed. "Come on Himchan. You can do it!" He gave himself a Fighting! Then walked out.

Jongup came up to Himchan but tripped instead, "Himcha-- ahhhhh!!"

Himchan never let anything hurt his Jonguppie before so he quickly caught him.

Jongup was bewildered, "Woah! Himchan hyung, you're superman!"

Himchan giggled, "If I'm superman then you're the innocent person who gets captured by a badman. It's my job to save you!" He shouted, picking up Jongup bridal style and dashed off into the living room.

Jongup was laughing all the way, "Himchan hyung~! Put me down~!"

Himchan stuck out his tongue, "Never!" He cried out dramatically then he spun around with Jongup still in his arms.

Jongup was laughing and giggling uncontrollably, "Hehehehe~! Whee!!!"

Their mother came into the living room, smiling. "I know you boys are having fun but it's almost time for school. Go quickly eat your breakfast."

"Okay umma!" They both said in unison and Himchan put down Jongup then jogged into the dining room with Jongup following close behind.

Himchan sat in his chair, but quickly got off to help Jongup onto his. He quickly sat down after helping his Jonguppie. Their breakfast already on the table, 'made' by their mother.

"Thanks Himchan hyung~!" Jongup smiled.

Himchan smiled back, "Your welcome my little cute Jonguppie, now let's eat breakfast then I can walk you to school, okay?"

"Ok Himchan hyung! Look, hyung! Colourful Cheerios!" Little Jonguppie referred to his Fruit Loops.

Himchan also had Fruit Loops because little Jonguppie didn't want to eat it but when he saw his Himchan hyung eat it, he wanted to eat it too. "It's called Fruit Loops, Jonguppie~!" He smiled, knowing that Jongup wouldn't be able to pronounce it right.

"Frrut Loops~!" Little Jonguppie shouted, not affected that he said it wrong.

Himchan leaned close to Jongup and whispered, just in case if their mother hears them. "Let's hurry and eat, okay~?"

"Yes Himchan hyung~!"

Both Himchan and Jongup ate quickly but slowed down as their mother came into the dining room.

"My! You boys are excited for today, aren't you?" She chuckled.

"Yes umma. I'm going to make new friends today!" Himchan shouted happily, his mouth full from trying to eat quickly.

Their mother shook her head gently, "Himchan honey, don't talk with your mouth full."

"Sorry umma, Himchan hyung won't do it again." Jongup said with his mouth full which made Himchan and their mother giggle.

Himchan gently pinched Jongup's face, "Jonguppie you're so cute~!"

"Hyuuuung~" Jongup whined, "I'm trying to eat~"

Their mother smiled at the sight, it's amazing how both of them care about each other more than other children. Most children would fight, tease and hate' each other.

"Ok ok~" Himchan resumed eating but was soon done, "Umma, I'm done eating!"

"Good, wait there Himchan. I have a little present for you." Their mother walked out of the room only to return with a little, black, decorated box.

Himchan blinked, "What's that umma?"

"It's for you, Himchan." She gave the small box to Himchan who held it, fitting perfectly in the palm of his little hand.

Little Jonguppie leaned forward, "Ooh! Open it Himchan hyung! I want to see it!"

Himchan smiled and nodded before opening the small black box; inside was a plain, white wind up watch. Nothing really fancy but fancy enough to make his eyes widen more than he intended. "I-it's beautiful umma!" He looked up at his mother, smiling and eyes twinkling with delight. "Thank you! But what is this for?"

Their mother smiled a motherly smile as she softly ruffled Himchan's hair, "It's to keep track of time, since you're going to school in a different place now."

Himchan tightly hugged his mother who was surprised, "Thank you so much~!"

Their mother hugged back, "You're welcome honey~ do you need help putting it on?"

Himchan pulled away and nodded, "Yeah."

Their mother kneeled down, took out the watch carefully, and latched it onto Himchan's right tiny wrist. "Is it too tight?" To which he shook his head, "Good. Jonguppie finish eating. You boys should be leaving soon if you want to get to school on time."

Jonguppie nodded as their mother winded the watch then walked out of the room to prepare their lunches.

As Jongup finished, he pouted. "I don't want to leave Himchan hyung alone at school, can I go to school with you Himchan hyung~?"

Himchan chuckled, "I would like that Jongup but you can't~ You have to go to school too so you'll be smart and strong and be able to protect Himchan hyung, okay Jonguppie~?"

Jongup grinned widely, "Yes Himchan hyung~! I will be smart and strong to protect Himchan hyung~!" He shouted with enthusiasm.

Himchan gasped dramatically, "Oh no Jonguppie!"

Little Jonguppie's eyes widen, "What is it Himchan hyung?!"

"You forgot to say Fighting!" He raised a fist as he said it.

Jongup quickly copied him, "Fighting!"

Himchan smiled and ruffled Jongup's hair, "There, that's better! Good job little Jonguppie~!"

Jongup smiled back at his hyung, "Thanks hyung~!"

Their mother came back with their already made lunches in hand. "Come on, you guys should already been at the door."

"Sorry umma." They chorused, Himchan helping his Jonguppie down then grabbed his hand and ran to the doorway. Himchan grabbed his and Jongup's backpack in the hall and helped Jongup put on his. As Himchan put on his backpack, little Jonguppie opened the front door and grabbed both of their lunches.

"Come on Himchan hyung~!" Jongup ran outside, leaving Himchan to run after him.

"Jonguppie~! Wait for hyung~!"

Jongup stopped running and waited for Himchan at the end of the walkway, "Oopies! Sorry hyung~ I'm excited for school~!"

Himchan caught up with him, "I know you are Jonguppie but you have to wait for Himchan hyung~ You don't want to get lost and Himchan hyung will get hurt right~?"

Jongup gasped and quickly shook his head, "No Himchan hyung! I'm sorry..."

"It's okay Jonguppie~ But don't just run off, you might get lost okay?"

Jongup nodded his head, "Ok Himchan hyung~!"

Himchan smiled, "That's my little Jonguppie~!" He ruffled Jongup's hair again. "Let's hurry and get to school!"

"Ok!"

Himchan grabbed one of the lunches Jongup held in his hand, grabbed Jongup's free hand and started running. Himchan ran somewhat slowly so his little Jonguppie could catch up too. He found his Jonguppie's little legs so cute, everything about Jongup screamed cute!

 

Soon after Himchan and Jonguppie ran a marathon, they arrived at the daycare which is a few blocks away from Himchan's school.

Himchan faced his little Jonguppie and kneeled down. "Ok Jonguppie~ hyung will go this far, you'll have to walk into class yourself like a big boy~ you don't want hyung to be late for school right~?"

Little Jonguppie shook his head, "No~ late is bad! I will be a big boy!" He smiled his beautiful little boy smile which made everybody coo at him.

Himchan smiled sweetly, "Ok, and also, don't let Junhong kiss you anymore~ wait until you're older~ if he does kiss you, give him the silent treatment~ you know what the silent treatment is?"

Jongup blinked and shook his head slowly, "No, umma to appa?"

Himchan knew what Jongup was trying to say. Two years ago, their umma got angry at their appa and ignored him as if he was never there. It went on for quite a while until their appa got sick of her behaviour and apologized. But soon after, their appa got a job overseas and Himchan and Jongup didn't see him since. Their umma was devastated, he didn't come at least once to visit his children. They found out that he got remarried which broke little Jonguppie's heart along with Himchan's heart. Such painful memories of not seeing Jonguppie smile, he always had a smile on his face even if things are tough, he'll quickly find a way to make things better. But that time, little Jonguppie didn't smile, instead tears rolled down his face whenever their appa was mentioned. He didn't hate his appa but it's more like he's heartbroken that he won't be able to experience things he was supposed to with his appa. Both Himchan and Jongup never understood why or how it happened, their parents argued in secret.

Himchan shut his eyes tightly, it's painful to think about. "Yes... Just like what umma did to appa..." He felt his eyes watering even when he didn't want to cry.

Jongup hugged Himchan tightly, afraid that if he lets go, Himchan will cry. "Sorry... I don't mean it...."

Himchan returned the embrace, "No, it's okay Jonguppie... Things like this happen, we just have to learn how to deal with it." Himchan held Jongup's shoulders and gently pushed him back so that they're face-to-face. He smiled gently as he spoke, his voice dropped to a sweet, caring level. "It's how we become strong, and strong is protecting your loved ones no matter what."

Jongup's eyes twinkled, he loved learning from his hyung! His hyung is the best teacher in the whole wide world! Jonguppie raised his little fist in the air and yelled, "Fighting!"

Himchan smiled and giggled but repeated what Jongup said, "Fighting! Now go to class! You're going to be late!" He shooed away little Jonguppie who just smiled, waved and skipped away. He watched little Jonguppie go into the school but soon came out again. Himchan blinked, not knowing why Jongup came out again when he should be heading to his classroom.

"I forgot this!" Jongup yelled as he ran towards Himchan. Jongup motioned for Himchan to bend down to his level, kissed his cheek and quickly hugged him before running back into the school.

Himchan smiled brightly, his day just got a whole lot better! He got little Jonguppie to kiss his cheek right on their first day of school! Himchan smiled the whole way to the school until he glanced at his watch, realizing that he's going to be late if he doesn't hurry. He started running as best as he can despite his backpack swinging from side to side as he ran.

 

As Himchan neared his new school, he realized that this school starts later than his last school. He was early. His running came to a slow walk, he doesn't know what to do now. He gawked at the school, it was huge! A lot bigger than his previous school! More windows, more floors, more doors, and possible more classrooms!

At this, Himchan started feeling scared, he wasn't used to of having a lot of people around him but he still walked forward. He walked past the gate, walked on the path up to the school entrance, and entered. "Himchan Fighting!" He murmured to himself.

He glanced down the hallway to the right; nobody. To the left; not much people. He decided to test his luck and go down the hallway to the left. Looking for the door that said 'office', he didn't even realized that he accidentally stepped on someone's foot as he narrowly avoided someone.

The person screamed as Himchan let out a yelp. "Ahhhhhhh!! Get off my foot!!"

Himchan quickly raised his foot and backed up only to step on someone's hand who was sitting down on the floor organizing their notes this time.

Different person, same accident.

Himchan quickly ran out of there, running further down the hall. He shouted apologies as he ran.

He stopped in an empty classroom, locked the door and leaned his forehead against the wall. "I can't do this. I seriously can't do this."

A hand landed on his shoulder, "Can't do what?"