The Boy Named Youngjae

~Innocent Love~

Himchan doesn't know where Yongguk is, he hasn't been in class ever since they last spoke to each other. Himchan was waiting outside his classroom where he is sure that Yongguk will pass by. What if Yongguk didn't want him anymore? What if-- Himchan was sure he saw a familiar face in the crowd of excited students but then disappeared. 

No! It couldn't be! Jongup wouldn't be here, right? Himchan is anxious, what if Jongup gets trampled by the students? Himchan is not risking that, so off he went in search of the familiar face he saw in the crowd.

The hallways were getting empty as students were excited to get home, play games or whatever it is that they do when they're not studying. Himchan was glad that he'll be able to see clearly if the hallway is less crowded. Something down the hallway caught his eye, it was two little boys turning a corner.

"That has to be Jongup!" Himchan said as he raced down the hallway towards the corner where he saw the boys disappear to. As he turned the corner, he bumped into somebody causing him to fall. He closed his eyes waiting to hit the floor but ams wrapped around Himchan's waist to prevent him from falling.

At first, he thought it was Yongguk because who else would break his fall? Himchan opened his eyes slightly before it shot open; it wasn't Yongguk who caught him, it was Hyosung.

She was smiling her gummy smile which reminded him a lot like Yongguk's own gummy smile, "Hello Himchan!"

Himchan released a breath he didn't he was holding, why was he holding his breath? Hoping for Yongguk to make him open his eyes with a kiss like a princess? "Hello Hyosung! What are you still doing here?" He asked, still unaware of their position which would look weird from a third party: a girl holding a guy as he's about to fall when it's supposed to be a guy holding the girl but Himchan looked like a girl so it's looks alright.

"Ow! Himchan, get up! My arms are starting to hurt!" She winced, pulling Himchan to his feet.

Himchan bowed several times, "Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry! I jus--"

"I know! You turned the corner, bumped into me and I made you fall but I caught you!" She explained all knowingly.

To this, Himchan nodded. He was the one who was supposed to make the girl fall but not on purpose!!

Hyosung grinned as she thought of a joke, "So, you fell for me?"

"W-what?"

"You fell for me." She repeated.

"I didn--" Himchan started to say but he got the joke last minute. He giggled as he realized what that meant.

Hyosung smiled, "See?" She laughed as Himchan's giggling turned into laughter.

Soon after, Himchan started coughing from laughing too much for too long. Hyosung patted him on the back for support.

"That was really funny!" Himchan spat out in between coughs.

"I'm glad you liked it and to answer your question before, I'm still here because I have to make sure that students aren't in the classrooms after school. It's a school policy except for when a teacher is present."

Himchan blinked, almost forgetting what he's still here for. "Oh. Did you by chance, see two little boys in this hallway?"

"Yeah, they went out back. I don't know what for but they went to the back of the school."

"Thank you!" Himchan walked away only to come back face to face with Hyosung again. "Where is the back?"

"I'll show you since I need to check the classrooms close by the back door." She smiled, lightly grabbing Himchan's hand as she went.

 

Shortly after, they arrived at the back double doors which led to the school garden and the soccer field.

Himchan couldn't thank Hyosung enough. "Thank you so much for helping me!"

She smiled as she waved Himchan off, "I'm glad to help! If you need help, come ask me!" She hollered as she entered a classroom looking for students.

Himchan smiled, Hyosung is nice and friendly and easy to get along with. She's really pretty too-- Himchan has to hurry!! His Jonguppie might be in danger and he's not there yet! "Here I come, Jonguppie!" He yelled as he ran outside but didn't see anybody other than a person sitting on a bench under a tree with a laptop sitting on their lap. The tree was quite far away from the back door.

Apparently, the person heard Himchan's shout from all the way other there because he saw the person looking at him, blinking and blushing.

Himchan smiled nervously, he didn't think he was that loud. He scanned the area looking for a familiar hair colour. He didn't find any except for the boy who's still staring at him like he grew two heads. He had chipmunk cheeks, good for storing nuts for the winter, looks adorable. Himchan went back inside to look for Hyosung, he has to find the front entrance now because Jonguppie might be looking for him.

Himchan found the entrance by himself without anybody's help and it was a big accomplishment for him! He ran outside but not before bumping into somebody again. He didn't bother closing his eyes but he did, only because somebody blew in his face as arms wrapped around his waist again.

With Himchan's eyes still closed, the person kissed him before humming a wedding song.

Himchan opened his eyes, it was his prince: Yongguk.

Yongguk smiled, "We're getting married yeobo~!"

Himchan could only blink, what is Yongguk talking about? What wedding? "Eh?"

 

 

Earlier~

 

Both Jongup and Junhong were trying to convince this Youngjae guy to be friends with Daehyun.

The boy was stubborn and red in the face. It was enough that he had to talk to these two little boys but to be friends with this Daehyun? It's called crossing the line, he doesn't even know how the boy looks like or how old he is! Wait, he could get information from these two about Daehyun.

The boy straightened up, "Who is Daehyun and why are you trying to make me become his friend?"

Junhong nudged Jongup, indicating him to talk since he doesn't like Daehyun that much.

"Daehyun is your.... Future friend? He's very nice and quiet so if you don't like it loud, you could talk to him!" Jongup hoped that he spoke like an adult, it's hard trying to let people understand what he's saying when he's just a small kid.

Youngjae scoffed, "And how would you know that I like peace and quiet?"

Jongup nudged Junhong, he doesn't know what else to say.

"Because you look like it!" Little Junhong looked up at Youngjae with big, innocent eyes.

Youngjae groaned, his first day being at this school and he's already confronted by these boys. "Look, I'd like to help really but I'm not much of a people person." He wasn't sure if the two boys understood him because they did a little huddle, he can still hear them.

"What do we do now? He doesn't want to be Daehyun's friend." Jongup whispered.

"We have to do this! Daehyun doesn't have nobody!" Junhong whispered back, obviously not caring that he's not actually whispering.

"I can hear you guys, you know?" Youngjae piped up, rolling his eyes but it's cute: two little boys huddling up. It might not be his cup of tea but it is sweet.

"You can?" Junhong blinked before dragging little Jonguppie away.

Youngjae could only tsk, the boys are cute but he doesn't want to befriend anybody! He's happy the way things are right now, not right now because there's two little boys trying to convince him to be Daehyun's friend but before that, where he's just another face in the crowd.

Another part of Youngjae which you can barely see: if you squint hard enough, you'll find it but it's there. A part where he really does want to become Daehyun's friend and not be lonely anymore but he's afraid they might just leave him like what the others did. He reaches out his hand, only to have his hand return to his side, nobody taking it. This time, it felt different. It felt like someone wants to hold his hand, needs to hold his hand. He won't allow it though if he knows this person well. Maybe he'll get really close to this Daehyun guy.

Jongup and Junhong returned to find Youngjae spacing out, smiling. Junhong nudged Jongup to step forward.

"Youngjae? Youngjae?" Jongup asked but received no answer from Youngjae, he's too busy thinking about something. Jongup reached an arm out to wave it in front of Youngjae's face.

"Huh? What? What happened?" Youngjae could only blink in confusion and blush like a schoolgirl. Someone caught him staring into space.

"You.... Uh... I don't know." Jongup confessed, he doesn't know how to say it. "But you were smiling!"

"I was, it's probably nothing." Youngjae dismissed it as nothing he deemed important. "Well, I need to go, I have some reading to do." Youngjae turned to walk away from these two pouting boys.

"Wait!" Jongup grabbed onto Youngjae's sleeve, he turned to look at Jongup. "Umm.... We could get a photo of him?"

"What makes you think I want to interact with him?"

"In---ter---act?" Junhong repeated, blinking. He doesn't know that word, it's too long.

"Talk to him, do something with him. What makes you think I want to talk to him?" Youngjae rephrased his question into something they could understand, after all they're just kids.

"Because he's handsome!" Junhong shouted, he really doesn't know what else to say besides that.

Youngjae raised an eyebrow, "Really? And how handsome is he?" Youngjae is really close to getting the information he needs. "On a scale of 1 to 10, how handsome is he?"

"I can't count that high." Junhong confessed, "But I say the snowman."

"You mean eight?" Youngjae questioned because it actually does look like a snowman. "He must be really handsome." He's really surprised to hear that from little kids.

"He is, but he doesn't want to show his face." Jongup thought about the mask he wore on their first day at the park.

"Why?"

Junhong shrugged his shoulders, "I don't know. Maybe he has no face."

"That's impossible, everybody has a face." Youngjae found Junhong's answer to be absurd.

"It's half a face. He wears a mask over his mouth. He takes it off sometimes." Jongup nodded to himself, proud that he's talking like a big boy.

"Fine, I'll see him but if I don't like him, I'm immediately leaving." Youngjae reached out a hand for them to shake.

 

Both Jongup and Junhong held Youngjae's outstretched hand at the same time which meant a really awkward, lopsided handshake.

"There! We will get you a photo of him!" Jongup decided, turning to walk away, "We will find you, you can't run away.... You can because you can run faster but please don't..."

"Alright! Can I go now?" Youngjae didn't want to admit it but he really was looking forward to seeing Daehyun, he sounds... Interesting. And this is the longest time he spoke with anybody.

"Yes!" Junhong shouted, grabbing Jongup's sleeve and walking away while Jongup was just confused, where are they going to get a photo of Daehyun? They didn't have anything to take a photo with, they can't ask--- they can ask somebody that works in the school!!

"I got it!" Jongup exclaimed.

"No time, where are we going to get a photo of Daehyun?"

He pouted, "That's what I was about to say!"

Junhong kissed Jongup's cheek to apologize. "Sorry."

"Hey! Wait!" Jongup referred to Junhong kissing him, telling him to wait until they're older.

Junhong didn't want to listen as he leaned in to kiss Jongup on the lips.

Jongup backed away but Junhong followed him, he got way too close and Jongup had to push his face gently away. "Wait!"

"You don't want to kiss me?" Junhong looked at Jongup with big, innocent eyes and a quivering lip.

At this, Jongup felt bad he pushed away Junhong but his hyung specifically said not to let Junhong kiss him. One wouldn't hurt, right? "Alright but just one."

Junhong was ecstatic, Jongup is letting him kiss him! Junhong wasted no time and kissed Jongup's waiting lips.

Jongup smiled, "Now off we go!" He yelled, running down the empty hallway, his shoes squeaking against the floor is the only sound in the hallway.

"What? Wait!" Junhong ran after him, his shoes squeaking too.

 

Jongup and Junhong were trying to find the office but it's hard when you're just a young kid in a huge school.

Thankfully, they found the office after what seemed like forever. They're such big boys! They know how to find things now! They just asked a teacher walking in the hallway. They entered but it was quiet, too quiet. The person behind the desk wasn't even there!

Someone was coming out from what's an office. The person saw them and asked them, "Are you two looking for somebody?"

Junhong blinked, "Who are you?"

"Who am I? I'm the principle of this school."

"Could you help us out?" Jongup asked, he's not sure if they should be doing this.

"With what?" The guy bent down to Junhong and Jongup's level, to be face-to-face with them.

"We want our.... Hyung's photo.... So we can.... Umm..." Jongup started but wasn't sure how to finish.

"So we can make something!" Junhong finished.

"Like a collage or a scrapbook?"

"Yes! That!" Jongup smiled, he so lucky that the guy knows what they're lying for: sorry umma, he needs a friend for Daehyun.

"Alright, we don't usually give this stuff out but you're probably using it to make a collage for his birthday or something! Follow me!" The principle led them to a room filled with cabinets, "This is where we keep student files!"

"Wow!" Both Jongup and Junhong were amazed, they've never seen so much cabinets in one place. They don't even know what they're called so they just call them big drawers. "Such big drawers!"

"Close, but actually these are called cabinets. It holds photos, documents, and student portfolios."

They didn't know what he was talking about but they just nodded anyway.

"Do you know his last name?"

This is what both Jongup and Junhong didn't expect, they don't even know what his last name was let alone his personality. "Umm...." Jongup had to think quickly, he glanced at Junhong. "Junhong." He whispered then yelled as it hit him, "Jung!!" He wasn't sure if that was right, he had to cross his tiny fingers, hoping it's the right answer.

"Jung? Alright... Jung.... Jung.... Ah! Jung Daehyun! Here it is!" He searched through the file before getting some pictures. "Pick any that you like and we'll copy it, we can't just take the original photos." He put the photos down on a table in the middle of the room.

"I was right! I like this one, it shows his face." Jongup said, looking through the other ones; which didn't show his face.

"But I like this one, it shows the mask he was wearing before." Junhong pointed at it before looking at Jongup's suggested photo then replied, "Let's get two!"

Jongup smiled, "Alright!" He turned to the guy, "We pick these two!"

"Alright, I'll just go photocopy it for you." He ushered them out of the room before going to the staff room. He came out with two papers, holding them up for them to see, "How's this?"

Jongup glanced at Junhong and Junhong looked at Jongup, they both nodded, "It's perfect, thank you!" Jongup smiled.

"Here you go!" He gave the photos to them, "Don't lose them!" He smiled to them.

Junhong and Jongup ran away, yelling, "We won't!

"What do we do now Jonguppie?"

"Now, we have find Youngjae and give these photos to him."

Junhong nodded before they ran off again, in search of Youngjae who disappeared. They hope that he's still in school property.

They stopped in an empty classroom, tired. They were out of breath from all the running they did and climbing up the stairs, trying to find Youngjae. Junhong walked to the window because it was open to let in some air.

"Hey? Is that Youngjae?" Junhong pointed at a lonesome person sitting down on a bench beside a tree. Why isn't he in school right now?

"What?" Jongup walked over to the window only to have his eyes widen, "That is Youngjae! Good job Junhong!"

"Kiss~?" Junhong pointed to his cheek, really wanting Jongup to kiss him on the cheek.
Jongup pouted but complied, he leaned in but again, Junhong turned his head so that Jongup's lips met with his own lips. Jongup squeaked, that's not supposed to happen!

Junhong just grinned and he slowly walked out of the classroom, before he went out, he turned around and shot Jongup a wink but he couldn't do it properly so it ended up as a half blink. He walked out casually as if it never happened but he was grinning from ear to ear.

Jongup felt his face burn, is he sick? Why is his face burning? "W-wait!" Jongup quickly raced out thinking that Junhong was far away but as soon as he turned out the door, he bumped into Junhong causing both of them to fall down. "Sorry."

Junhong just laughed as he got up, "It's alright!" He helped up Jongup before holding his hand and running down the hallway and carefully walking down the stairs.

 

They finally made it to the ground floor as school has been let out but they don't know which way to go, it's confusing when you don't have a-- a map!! He needs to look for a map!!

"Junhong, we need to look for a map! Do you see one?" Jongup frantically looking for a map as best as he can when a lot of people are crowded in the hallway.

Junhong helped look, "I found it!"

Jongup raced to see the map hanging on a wall so glad that Himchan taught him how to read a map, "We're here and we need to get here... Just walk down this hallway and turn a corner!!"

Both boys ran down the hallway again, as best as they could despite people trying to push their way through a crowd but as they got to the corner, the crowded hallway wasn't so bad. They had to hurry if they want to catch Youngjae!

They finally got to the back double doors, behind these doors is the one thing they're looking for; Youngjae. They ran out and saw Youngjae sitting quietly by himself under the tree.

"Youngjae!" Jongup yelled, waving the photos around as he ran to Youngjae.

Youngjae looked up, he was thinking then all of a sudden, he heard someone calling his name. It was Jongup and he had something in his hand. It's probably the photos.

Both Junhong and Jongup stopped in front of Youngjae, both smiling.

"Here's the photos!" Jongup yelled excitedly, quickly handing the photos of Daehyun into Youngjae's waiting hands.

"Well? You like him?" Junhong noticed that Youngjae was really quiet when it came to the photos and really red in the face.

Youngjae didn't know what to say, he never saw such a beauty. He's perfect, everywhere is perfect: his smile, his jawline, his eyes, his slightly big nose, and his hair. Everything screamed perfect right in Youngjae's face.

Jongup remembered something, "Oh, we have to go! Himchan hyung is looking for us! Bye!" Jongup waved before running away with Junhong. The boys went around the school instead of in it. The boys left the photos with Youngjae, he was blushing and trying to ease it away.


BAM! Another chapter!! Ok!!! To clarify things by the time Himchan went out back, Jongup and Junhong was already going around the school so Himchan couldn't see them... I just realized how weird this chapter is but I do hope you liked it! And I hope it's not confusing anyone cause it confused me a lot while writing it... :/

Alright so Himchan and Yongguk are getting married (not really) and Youngjae has finally seen Daehyun (again, not really) and Jongup and Junhong are two mischievous kids trying to get Daehyun a friend (really).