Meeting The Boy With A Funny Bunny Mask

~Innocent Love~

Himchan was close to them but something stopped him again except it wasn't Yongguk. It was a boy, who looked slightly uninterested in Himchan. He tugged Himchan's sleeve like he wanted Himchan to be closer. The older boy seemed confused with what this uninterested boy was trying to do, Himchan blinked but the other boy didn't want to look at him and that he had a mask covering the lower half of his face with two big bunny teeth where his mouth was supposed to be. One thing is for sure though, this boy was shaking. Probably because it's hard for him to make friends.

"Umm..... Hello?" Himchan spoke up first, breaking the awkward silence that settled between the two boys. "What's your name? Do you wanna be friends? How old are you? Do you go to school?" Himchan asked a bunch of questions but he couldn't help himself. It's nice to have somebody else besides Yongguk around you all the time.

"Daehyun." Was all the boy said.

Himchan blinked, he wasn't expecting that kind of answer. "Your name is Daehyun?"

The boy nodded.

Himchan grinned, happy to see that the boy actually responded. "I'm Kim Himchan! I'm nine!"

The boy finally looked up and slowly took off his mask, "Eight. I'm eight-years old."

"You look...... Hmm.... How should I say it?... I can't call you pretty cause my umma said that's only for girls... Beautiful? No..." While Himchan tried to debate what should he call him. Daehyun visibly blushed, he never had anybody say such nice words to him before. He was grateful, so he hugged Himchan tightly.

"Thank you."

Himchan smiled and hugged back, "Your welcome! Oh!" He released the hug. "I know what to call you now! Handsome!"

Daehyun blinked once, twice, thrice then grinned.

Himchan gasped, surprising the younger. "You have a very beautiful smile."

"Th-thank you." Daehyun bowed, still red.

Himchan remembered why he ran away from Yongguk. "Oh! Excuse me but I have somethi--"

"Daehyun?" Said a low deep voice.

Both boys looked in the direction where the voice came from. It was Yongguk who finally caught up.

"Yongguk hyung."

Himchan blinked, "You two know each other?"

Yongguk nodded, "Yep. We've been friends since we started school."

 

Himchan didn't want to admit it but he's the one getting jealous now. He's gotten used to of Yongguk giving him lots of attention but now, he's too busy talking to Daehyun. He didn't like this feeling, it felt like his heart was hurting. So, Himchan snuck away from them without them noticing making Himchan grin. He mentally did a victory dance in his head while mouthing the words, Yes! I'm a ninja! But Himchan's glory didn't last long because Jongup wasn't where he last saw him. Panic filled the young boy, afraid that the tall mysterious boy tricked Jonguppie into going with him or maybe worse, took him away and Himchan won't be able to see his Jonguppie anymore!

Tears formed at the corner of his eyes, he wasn't able to keep his promise to his umma! What would his umma say if she knows that he lost Jonguppie?! He frantically looked around the park and nearly cries when he saw no sign of Jonguppie anywhere. He jumped back in surprise when he felt someone grab his hand and pull him into a hug. That's when Himchan broke down into tears while the other comforted him.

"What's wrong yeobo~?" A deep voice asked as softly as it can, doesn't want to upset Himchan more.

Himchan couldn't hear him due to his own thoughts of regret, I should have stayed here where I can keep an eye on him! But now, he's gone and it's my fault! I couldn't keep my promise to my umma! I'm such a bad hyung!

As if Yongguk can read his thoughts, he rubbed Himchan's back soothingly. "It's not your fault Channie~ Don't blame yourself~ He's still here somewhere ~We just have to look~"

Himchan looked up in surprise, "W-we?"

Yongguk chuckled and kissed his forehead,

"Yes~ I said we~ Now let's start looking~" Yongguk wiped Himchan's tears away slowly with care.

Himchan smiled weakly then nodded not being able to say any words, afraid he will break down again if he talks again.

Yongguk smiled and grabbed Himchan's hand, "Let's start looking."

"I'm looking too." Daehyun appeared from behind them with his mask back on.

 

So, the three boys searched around the park until they finally saw them, sleeping peacefully behind the big tree at the corner of the park. They looked so comfortable that Himchan didn't want to wake them and they looked so adorable sleeping close to each other holding hands even Yongguk's heart melted a bit.

Himchan sat down beside Jongup's sleeping figure, staring at his face. To Himchan, he's an angel, nothing is more beautiful than him. He wiped his tears with the back of his tiny hand, happy that they found his Jonguppie and probably nothing could explain how happy he is right now.

"Jonguppie~" He softly whispered not wanting to wake Jongup up. He Jongup's hair out of his face, admiring how cute his Jonguppie is.

Daehyun had to distract Yongguk from pulling Himchan away from Jongup. Yongguk was fuming, Himchan was his and only his. He can't let anybody touch what's his, Himchan's his future wife! It was really hard for Daehyun to keep Yongguk away so he kicked Yongguk's shin and ran away for his young, dear, precious life.

"Hey!" Yongguk chased after Daehyun, even if his shin still hurts, he ran after Daehyun.

Jongup stirred in his sleep. If Jongup didn't get lost, Himchan would have scolded Yongguk for almost waking him up but he didn't because he's afraid Jongup won't be here when he gets back. Himchan took a quick glance at Daehyun and Yongguk; Daehyun was on the ground with Yongguk sitting on him, grabbing the collar of his shirt and probably threatening him or something then turned back to Jongup's sleeping face. He looks like an angel!

"Jonguppie~ I almost broke my promise~" He whimpered, laying down beside his Jonguppie. He wrapped his arms around the sleeping boy and pulled him close.

"Hyung?" A little voice piped up, not awake yet but still snuggled closer to the warm body.

"Hyung's here Jonguppie~ just go back to sleep~" Himchan cooed, not wanting his Jonguppie to see him crying but his voice faltered.

"Hyung? What's wrong?" He looked up and gasped as he seen Himchan sobbing silently. "Hyung?! Are you okay?!" Jongup sat up quickly and pulled Himchan up to sit with him. "Hyung?... Talk to me."

Himchan wiped his tears away and smiled, "I-it's nothing Jonguppie..." His lip twitched slightly but it's nothing Jongup can't see.

He gently cupped his hyung's cheeks and wiped away the remaining tears, "Hyung, lying is bad. Please tell me."

"I almost b-broke my promise to umma!"

Jongup felt his heart ache, it hurts to see Himchan cry, especially if it's about the promise he made to umma. His umma told him that Himchan made that promise to him the day he was born and he's been keeping ever since. He slowly sat in Himchan's lap, legs on one side and rested his head on his hyung's shoulder as Himchan wrapped his arms tightly around his Jonguppie.

"Hyung, I'm not hurt. Stop crying. Jonguppie is getting sad." Jongup hugged Himchan's neck as that was the only thing he could wrap his tiny arms around.

"Ok. Hyung will stop crying." Himchan smiled, his heart melted by the way Jongup cared about him even if Jongup didn't have much to say. His Jonguppie was like the galaxy; so many traits about him, all shining bright, nothing getting left behind and creating new ones. Himchan's closer to Jongup than any other person on this entire planet and losing him would be like the end of the world. He would have nothing to live for if his Jonguppie wasn't there with him.

"Good." Jongup pulled away from the hug, smiling. He didn't keep smiling when he glanced behind Himchan's head but instead, he cowered in Himchan's lap.

"What's wrong Jonguppie?" Himchan quickly embraced Jongup, going to protect him from anything that's behind him because he can't look behind if Jongup's on his lap. Himchan heard no response except a small whimper.

A hand softly landed on Himchan's shoulder causing him to twitch and causing Jongup to flinch. Himchan looked up, Daehyun was there with his two big bunny teeth mask.

Himchan giggled which made Daehyun smile, "Yongguk went to get ice cream for... Him." Daehyun motioned to Jongup who peeked up at him, a small smile on his face from the bunny mask.

"Ok." Himchan felt his heart flutter when he heard that. It must've been a dream come true or something because he feels like kissing Yongguk for caring about his Jonguppie. His face flushed just thinking about it.

Daehyun took off his mask, "Sick?" He referred to Himchan's red face.

"What?" Himchan touched his forehead.

"Sick?!" Jongup quickly checked Himchan's face, worried for his hyung. His fear, gone within a second.

"I'm not sick Jonguppie~ just thinking about something~" He reassured Jongup.

Jongup tilted his head, "You can get sick by thinking?" He blinked, "No more thinking hyung!"

Himchan giggled, his Jonguppie is so darn cute all the time.  "I can't Jonguppie~ everybody thinks, just thinking abo--"

"Yongguk." Daehyun interrupted which made Himchan's face go red again. He put on his mask to hide his grin but can still see his eyes turn into crescents.

"N-no! N-not him!" Himchan waved his arms in the air to emphasize his point.

"Hyung! No thinking about Yongguk! He makes you sick!" Jongup whined.

Daehyun got up which caused both boys on the ground to look at him. He placed one of his hands on Jongup's back and one under his knees. Daehyun hoisted him up and sat back down but this time, with Jongup on his lap.

"H-hyung!" Jongup squeaked, already afraid of this stranger.

But Himchan couldn't do anything, he was frozen in shock. No one had ever done that before. It's either that they're scared of Himchan or that they don't want to scare poor little Jonguppie.

"Daehyun." Was all he said and that caught Jongup off guard.

"Huh?" Jongup blinked, clearly confused.

"Daehyun." He repeated.

"Your name is Daehyun?"

Daehyun nodded, arms circling around Jongup's waist, hugging him.

 

For some reason Jongup doesn't know, Daehyun's hug felt warm and secure. It took a while before Jongup snuggled into his embrace. "You're brave." Jongup thought out loud but it came out a little childish.

"For a while only." He admitted. Earlier, when Daehyun first saw Jongup curled up on Himchan's lap, he felt the sudden urge to get close to him and protect him. Which was entirely different than what he was used to. He's usually a really shy, quiet person who keeps their distance from other people, hoping to just enjoy the silence but for Daehyun, the urge only lasted for a while so he decided to take that chance before it was gone.

"Jonguppie hyung?" A sleepy voice asked.

The three boys saw the mysterious boy awoke from his nap not far away from where they were.

"Junhong!" Jongup smiled.

Junhong blinked away the tiredness from his eyes and smiles, only to drop it. His Jonguppie hyung is sitting on somebody that's not him! Junhong felt angry, "Hey!"

He got up, walked to them and grabbed Jongup's wrist. He pulled Jongup to his feet and checked everywhere on his body by this time, everybody else also stood up.

"Junhong?" Jongup blinked.

"Are you okay Jonguppie hyung?" Junhong hugged his precious Jonguppie hyung.

Jongup hugged back, "Yes! Oh!" He released the hug. "This is Himchan hyung and that's Daehyun." He pointed to Himchan then Daehyun who took off his mask again, introducing them rather than them introducing themselves.

Junhong pointed to Himchan, "He's your hyung?"

Jongup nodded, "Yes!"

When Junhong glanced at Daehyun, he instantly didn't like him. He touched his Jonguppie hyung without his permission!

 

Junhong glared at Daehyun and Daehyun glared right back, aware of what's happening right now. Himchan looked between Junhong and Daehyun as well as Jongup.

Then they heard a voice holler from the other end of the park. "Guys! No fighting!"

They all looked back to see Yongguk grinning and holding two ice cream cones. When he was close enough, Junhong recognized him.

"It's you!" He ran to Yongguk.

Yongguk eyes widen, "No! Not you! The ice cream is not for you!" Yongguk turned away and started running with Junhong chasing him, yelling I want ice cream! Give me ice cream!


 

Hey!!! Sorry for not updating.. Took me about an hour and a half to post this story up... Just a short story and took that long?! O_______O wow!!! If people comment, subscribe and up vote, I'll post up another chapter somewhere around this week or so... :)

Thank you for reading!!