Yuri's Birthday Special

Because we love you YURI

 

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY UNNIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!” As soon as Yuri opened her eyes Yoona attacked her and gave her birthday kisses on the cheeks. Yuri who just woke up pushed Yoona lightly. “Seriously Yoona?”

Yoona laughed and hugged her tightly as she sang her a birthday song.

“I love you unnie. I want to be the first person to give you a birthday kiss and sing you birthday song.”

“You already did, last night before even the clock struck 12.” Yuri got caked by her members last night. She had no idea they already bought cake. She and her members were busy watching their The Boys performances and Yuri was reading fans’ birthday wishes for her on a fancafe when she told her members to go to sleep. She said she didn’t want them to wait for December 5th because she knew she would get pranked by her members if she let them stay up.

She was laughing and all when she read all those sweet messages and she visited some fansites and saw some solo shots of her on their main page. She was touched, almost cried but she smiled because she was always thankful that Sones exist.

12.00am – December 5th!! Yuri’s birthday. Yuri congratulated herself. Patted her arm and said “Happy Birthday Yuri. You’ve done a good job. Keep trying and keep supporting your members.” She turned off her laptop as soon as she found herself yawning. She went to her room and as soon as she entered the room her members sang her a birthday song and threw a cake on her face.

“YAAAH” she yelled. The members ran to her and gave her a group hug. “Happy Birthday Yuri. Happy Birthday!”

Yuri was almost in tears when she received lots of love from her members. She hugged each one of them and said thanks. So the girls ended up sharing stories in the room. They all gathered on Yuri’s bed and Yuri was the main attention that day. All eyes were on her and they were so happy to see a happy Yuri.

“We’re glad that you’re not celebrating your birthday at the gym.” Said Jessica.

Yuri laughed. “I’m not planning to go to the gym today. It’s my birthday of course I won’t spend my time on the gym when I have you guys here with me.”

“So tell me, what do you want for your birthday? Not a cheesy one please like I want to be with you guys forever. I want to support you guys through whatever. Say something like, a car, a house.” Tiffany looked at her anticipating the answers that might come out from their lovely Black Pearl.

Everybody was waiting for her to speak up but she was in a deep thought. Thinking way too seriously.

“Oh come on. I’m sure you have something in mind. The things that you’ve always wanted that you can’t have or whatever it is, just say it.”

Yuri looked at her members. “I want to go to Disneyland with my family and with you guys.”

She was so serious that her members went speechless. “I want to buy Mickey Mouse stuff. I want to be a kid again.”

“But I know that’ll never happen of course. December is always a busy month for us since we debuted. We always promoted the wrong month of the year. I thought December was supposed to be a holiday month for everyone. But we’re idols we’re doing this because we love our fans. And I love spending time with you guys. I’m happy.” She continued.

The girls knew she was hurt inside. Yuri was always strong and didn’t cry that much in front of them. And that hurt them even more. The girls have FNS music festival on the 7th and they have to be there on the 7th. And also they have tour in Singapore on the 9th and 10th. They knew how much Yuri wanted to go back to her hometown and be with her family but they couldn’t go because they were busy. They had to attend rehearsals too.

“Yuriah. You’re strong. You always do. It’s okay to be weak too. You  can cry. You can let it all out. We’re here for you. You don’t have to be the strongest one here. I’m the leader, I do the job. And you don’t have to be the eldest one in the group. I’m the eldest one, some of us are older than you. And we’ll do the job.” Taeyeon reached for Yuri’s hands and almost teared up saying those to her. Yuri needs to know that she already done a lot for her members. And it was time for her members to do something in return for her too.

Yuri bit her lip. “You guys made me strong. That is all that matters.”

Everyone was so serious and Yuri didn’t like it. She might cry any time soon. And she didn’t want that.

Taeyeon sighed. “We have something for you Yuri.” Taeyeon asked Tiffany for something and Tiffany let out a pink notebook. They handed it to Yuri.

“What is this?” asked Yuri looking at the book.

“We wrote something nice, well not really, about you. It’s for you. Go read now.” Said Sooyoung.

Yuri looked at her before flipping the first page. She opened the notebook and saw a picture of Taeyeon and Yuri on the first page. She smiled when she saw it. She turned the page and it was well written. She could tell it was Taeyeon’s handwriting.

“Read it loudly.”

“To our princess Yuri. Hi Yuri this is Taeyeon. Happy 23rd birthday. Time flies don’t you think? The next thing you know you’re already 33 and then 43. By that time, will you be there for me? You are the proudest one to be a member of Girls’ Generation. When I first saw you before we debuted, you already looked like you were an idol. Your smile was the first thing that caught me, you were very passionate about things and you were so hard-working. I was very impressed. And when we debuted you were always strong. You were happy all the time and you made us happy even though it was tough. I was always jealous of you. You acted like everything was okay when it’s not. When we’re down and when SNSD is down you were always there to say ‘Stay strong guys. Don’t worry it’ll be fine.’ I want to say that too but sometimes I’m weak. And now I feel like it’s a burden to me, because I’m more worried about you than the other members. So stop acting like you’re always strong and let me take good care of you. Lean on me and I promise I will be there for you. I’m so proud of you Yuri. And I love you. Always remember that.” Yuri’s voice cracked when reading through the messages. She didn’t dare to look up and meet Taeyeon’s eyes. She knew she would cry. She respected the leader the most out of all her members and she wanted to be strong for her. She didn’t want to cry.

She flipped the page and this time was a selca picture of her and Jessica. The next page was a message for her too. Jessica even drew flowers on the side of the page.

“Happy Birthday to the girl who always melts the heart of an ice princess. Yuriah. You know that I’m always clingy with you, that’s because you are so loveable and I can depend on you forever . You act more like a big sister to me and I love the fact that you spoil me so much than the other members. You were always there for me and it makes me happy. Whenever I’m in trouble I always come up to you first because you know I can count on you. You are beautiful inside and out. Sometimes I wonder, how can such an amazing girl like you even exists in this world? You are too good to be true. And then, you taught me a lot of things. You were so photogenic that every time I was called for a magazine photoshoot I always remember to be as natural as possible, be confident and be professional. Just like what you taught me few years ago. You’ve always been so helpful and your smile makes us happy. I just want you to loosen up a little bit alright? Don’t force yourself too much. Stop going to the gym alone. Bring me along with you but of course I won’t exercise. I just want to talk with you and be with you when you’re tired and when it’s tough. I want to be the one to protect you and the one to make you happy. So Yuri, enjoy your 23rd birthday. I love you.” Yuri looked at Jessica who looked like she was forcing a smile. “This is sweet Sica. Thanks.” Jessica hugged her and said ‘Happy Birthday’.

The next message was from Sunny.

“Happy Birthday to our kkabyul. You’re old now so stop acting like you’re still a kid. Your fans said you’re a y kid. That’s weird because you weren’t y at all when you were a kid…..” Yuri glared at Sunny after reading the first four sentences. Sunny giggled and received a pinch on her cheek from Yuri. The rest of the girls laughed at the adorable duo.

Yuri continued reading. “….But how is that possible that the Kwon Yuri who used to be so boyish when she was in Middle School and was in love with sport grew up to be such a y beast? You have the best s line that I’ve ever seen…..” She looked at Sunny again. Sunny grabbed a pillow and hide herself behind it.

“Sunny you're weird. Are you in love with her or something?” Sooyoung pushed little Sunny away from her. She fell off from the bed and made the girls laugh uncontrollably.

“Yaah stupid!” Sunny yelled and sat back next to Sooyoung. Her face was red. She buried her face on the pillow to hide it.

Yuri shook her head and smiled. And then she continued. “You are nation’s daughter-in-law and people love you because you have such an awesome personality. You are lovely and very friendly. You are like Jessica sometimes, you look cold from the outside that people are scared to get so close to you. But once they know the real you, I’m sure they will always stick with you forever. Keep on smiling because your smile brings happiness to the members. And do visit Fishing Village soon, you will love it. I’m sure the citizens there will love you too. Take care always, Love from Soonkyu.” After reading it Yuri gave Sunny a warm hug. “Thanks Sunny. It’s adorable.”

“My message next!!!” Tiffany yelled.

There was always a selca picture of every member with her before the message and she was touched that they put a lot of effort into making this.

“Thanks a lot guys. This is just beyond amazing.” Said Yuri before reading Tiffany’s message. The girls said it was nothing.

“To Hwang Miyoung’s beloved Kwon Yuri. Happy 23rd birthday MC buddy. I want to do MC with you for the next 10 years. Is that possible?” Yuri smiled and looked at Tiffany who was smiling broadly.

“You are such a hard-working girl and very tough too. You never give up in anything you do and always positive. You always say ‘cheer up’ to me every time we went for MC rehearsals and I was so touched by it. You are such an amazing girl you know that? You are so attractive and cute. The happy Yuri is what makes a happy SNSD. You are so talented and you help me a lot with Mc-ing. You are 4 months younger than me but you know things better than I do, you do things better than I do and you’re so funny that when you joke around you make everybody laugh. I want to learn that from you. There are really, a lot of things to learn from you Kwon Yuri. Thanks for being Kwon Yuri. We love your kkabness and we love your smile. You make us happy and we can never find a person like you in this world. Just like a Black Pearl, you are unique and one of a kind. I love you Yuri. Don’t ever stop to reach to the top. I will be there for you when you’re successful or when you’re down. You can always ask for my help whenever you need one. I love you, I love you, I love you. Stay beautiful.”

The girls went ‘Awww’ and Tiffany gave Yuri a hug. “Thanks Miyoung!”

“Alright next is Hyoyeon.”

Yuri laughed when she saw a picture of Hyoyeon kissing her cheek. This picture was taken when the girls were in New York. They were in a hotel room and were so bored at night that they couldn’t sleep so they ended up taking pictures together. “OMG I love this picture!!!” Yuri squealed.

“Of course. We were crazy that night!” Hyoyeon added.

“Ahh good times good times.” Yuri shook her head and then flipped the page.

“It’s so cheesy. You know we both are not really lovey dovey compare to you and Jessica or Tiffany or Yoona. So, expect lots of words that will make you puke.” Said Hyoyeon. The girls laughed at the dork.

“Hi Yuri. Black Kid Yuri. My dance partner Yuri. Happy 32nd years old. We are the dorkiest members when together and I love that we have a lot in common. First of, we are AB people. We are unique and the more I learn about you the more I see a very fragile Yuri who doesn’t show it that much in front of the members. You were the one who used to pull pranks on us, who is always hyper when everyone is down, who would jump around in TV shows, who sleeps with her tongue sticking out, who sleeps in Yuchiri while doing handwork or the one who doesn’t care about her image at all. But I love that side of you. You make us laugh and it makes everyone happy. You are our energy Kwon Yuri. You’re the one who always reminds us to be strong, to do the best and always tells us that you’re proud of being a member of Girls’ Generation.  You will help me with the chores, you always dance with me when we’re bored and always there for me when I needed you. You know you’re the worst singer ever but you don’t care about that because your motto is to have fun while you can. You forgot lyrics during shows most of the time but you always put on a smile on your face because you’ll say that no one is perfect and that having mistakes on stage is just what makes you a real artist and you learn every time from those mistakes. I always tell myself that to be as positive and as strong as Kwon Yuri because what she does, even though it’s tough she does it really well without sighing or without complaining. All of these sound really cheesy coming out from me. You are byun yourself. Bye. I love you.” Yuri laughed throughout the message she read.

“Byun! HAHA” Yuri knocked Hyoyeon’s head. “Cheesy Hyoyeon is cheesy. You’re disgustingly adorable.” Yuri kissed Hyoyeon’s cheeks and Hyoyeon pushed her away. “Get away. You are disgustingly beautiful.”

Those actions made the girls laugh. Such a cute sight!

“Choi Sooyoung!” Yuri went back to her notebook as she flipped a page. Skipped the picture and read through the message.

The girls were seriously quiet when she read all the messages. They were behaving really well tonight. Yuri was surprised herself seeing her members like that.

“Hi Kwon Yuri. Choi Sooyoung here. Our Yuri. My Yuri. My prankster buddy. My gangster buddy. When I’m with you I feel like I’m a kid again and I feel so happy. We were always together since young and we acted together in a sitcom together. We went through difficulties together most of the time and I love that you were always there for me when I’m sick or down. Thank you so much for that Kwon Yuri. I feel like I’m the closest one to you and it makes me feel so special. You make me feel so special. You remember that time when we used to argue about who’s the prettiest between us? You said I’m the prettiest and I said that you were the one. It was crazy. We love to do crazy things together. Some people say we’re kkab sisters, but nothing can compare to your kkabness. And let’s study hard and let’s go to the university more often, let’s eat together at our favorite restaurant. You still remember the promises that we made right? Let’s keep it to ourselves. I love you always Kwon Yuri. Please don’t stick to Yoona, it annoys me. I’m here for you and you can always count on me. You are precious to me and I will treasure you like I treasure my food. Love you, sincerely from your shikshin Syoo.”

Sooyoung grinned at Yoona when Yoona glared at her. Yuri giggled. "You cute woman!!" Yuri smacked Sooyoung's forehead.

"Oh I forgot to mention that you're always violent to me." Sooyoung hissed at Yuri.

“Now Yoona. Yuri unnie. My lovely, gorgeous Yuri unnie. People used to say that we look alike and I don’t understand why they keep on saying that even after 3 years. Don’t you think it’s annoying? You are of course prettier and ier than me. You are very active and adventurous. You have so many talents and so funny in variety shows. We need to learn more from you. Congratulations on your 23rd birthday. You’re older now but you’re also getting prettier. Unnie is the best roommate I’ve ever had. I love that you always stay up late night just to talk to me and share secrets together. We used to talk till down and we would end up getting late for our schedules. Since now I’ve been busy with drama filming I really miss all those things. But I was really touched when you always stayed up waiting for me to come back from filming just because you miss talking to me. I love you and I always want you to stay forever with me and be my roommates as long as we’re still promoting. And thank you for being the best unnie that I can rely on and the best friend that I can talk to twenty four seven. I have something for you for your birthday but I can’t give it to you now. Will give it to you soon. And I don't know what to say now. Let's talk before you go to sleep later on okay? So happy 23rd birthday. Stay healthy unnie. I love you forever. I love you.”

Yoona who was sitting beside her rested her head on her shoulder. “Adorable Yoong. Thanks. I love you too.” Yuri patted Yoona’s head and then moving on to maknae’s message.

“Happy Birthday to Yuri unnie. I like you because you are more or less like me. We love to read books and we both are health freaks. You care for your health more than anything else and you are always so strong. I respect your bravery. I love you unnie.” Yuri turned to another page but that was the only message from Seohyun. The girls looked at Seohyun.

“Maknae only says what’s important.” Said Jessica.

Yuri Seohyun’s hair and smiled at her. “This is meaningful enough. Thanks maknae. You take care of your health too okay? Your happiness is my happiness too.” Yuri kissed Seohyun’s cheek.

“That’s not all unnie. I have something for you here.” Seohyun took out a small box and handed it to Yuri.

The girls went closer to Yuri to look at the gift. Yuri opened it slowly and it was an engraved ring which says ‘Seohyun loves Yuri unnie’. Yuri was almost in tears when she saw that but she held it in because she didn’t want to see her members cry as well. She grabbed maknae and embraced her into her tight hug. “I love you maknae. I love you so much! I love this. Thank you.”

“The messages are sweet. I will keep this book with me forever. I’m so happy that I have you guys by my side. This is more than enough. I love you guys a lot! A LOT!!!” Yuri pulled all of them together and they made a group hug. Yuri cried inside because having her members around was more than enough. She could never ask for more, and she was thankful for that.

“I love you guys…..”

.

.

.

.

.

“Unnie!!!!” Yoona shook Yuri’s body. Yuri realized she was daydreaming or was it thinking too much about last night’s event.

“It’s your day today. Now go shower let’s eat breakfast together. Come on come on!” Yoona rushed Yuri to their bathroom and then she quickly ran to the kitchen as soon as Yuri got into the bathroom.

“Quickly guys. She’s already in..”

Yuri took 30 minutes to get ready. She was already in her casual wear, they had to go to SM in few minutes for a recording. She was looking for Yoona in the room but she wasn’t there. She assumed her members were already in the kitchen having their breakfast.

When she entered, the members were laughing and chit-chatting with the two loves of her life.

“Omma? Appa?” She couldn’t believe what she saw. Mr. and Mrs. Kwon were sitting there on a dining table surrounded by her 8 members.

Suddenly, all eyes were on her. Yuri’s eyes widen, she couldn’t believe her parents were here. On her birthday. “Your parents came all the way from Ilsan to visit you and to congratulate you on your 23rd birthday.” Said Yoona.

Yuri couldn’t hold it in any longer. She ran to her parents and hugged them both tightly. Tears running down her cheeks.

“Happy Birthday Yuriah. We love you.” Her parents’ words made her cry harder.

“This was all your members’ idea. Yoona called me two days ago and wanted us to surprise you. They said you were always busy that you had no time for yourself.” Yuri pulled away and looked at her members. They were all crying too.

“Happy Birthday Yuri. We love you.” Said Tiffany sobbing.

“I hate you guys for making me cry like a baby.” She opened her arms widely asking for her members to hug her. Soon enough, Yuri was drown in a group hug. She loves group hug.

“This is the best birthday present ever. This is better than Disneyland. You guys are better than Disneyland.”

That’s right Yuri. You can cry now. We love seeing this side of you. When you’re weak, we will always be there for you no matter what. You are beautiful just like a pearl. When you’re weak we will open our arms and we’ll make you feel safe and everything is going to be okay. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

------------------

I'm a HUUUGE fan of Yuri. So I wrote something for her birthday. And this is dedicated to all Yurisistables out there. Even after 2 years, I still find her amazing that I still love her to this day. I will never stop supporting her.

You guys should read this http://www.twitlonger.com/show/ehmpa9

And watch this fmv as well. So touching! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akmIo3wS95U&feature=player_embedded

Thanks!