Goodbye

Bloody Kiss

"I'll be going downstairs while you grab my luggage," I quickly left the room to go lie down on a couch since I was exhausted from cleaning. My father walked up behind me to pat my shoulder before sighing.

"We won't be coming back here," he had his usual disappointed tone, "but I'm glad our family can be together. Isn't that right, son?" 

"Yeah, Dad," I agreed, "Did you guys finish putting your luggage into the trucks?"

"Well, we still need the kids to hurry and pack, but you know how the little ones are," he chuckled a bit. I got up to go and help my mother and aunt clean up the kitchen so I could let them have the kids rush packing. Moments later Jun Hui brought my luggage down, along with his and set them in front of the door. He asked for the keys and then took our luggage outside to place them in one of the trucks. Once I finished cleaning the kitchen, I checked on the kids and asked if they had used the bathroom, a few said, "No," so I had them go the restroom.

"Minghao!" Jun Hui's niece, Mei, had called me, "Can you hold my teddy bear while I pack my things?" 

"Sure thing," I held onto the teddy bear for her and made sure she washed her hands because you know, some kids don't wash after using the restroom.

"Okay, thank you," she dried her hands and held her arms out so I could give her teddy bear back.

I head back down to the living room to see everyone began to rush. It was night time but the drive to our new house was a few hours away. By the time we left, arrived at our new home, and got things in order, it would be sunrise and most of us won't be able to go back and forth with the sun hitting us.

An hour later we finally got our things ready to go, we said, "Goodbye,"  to our old home before leaving in multiple cars due to having a big family and all our luggage. Of course the luggage was full of clothes but there's valuable things that can't be replaced in our hundreds of years living. In one car, it was my uncle, Jun Hui, his brother, and me, In another, it was my mother, father, my sister, and two nieces. The second to last car had Jun Hui's aunt, uncle, and nephew. The last vehicle had my aunt, and Jun Hui's parents.

We had passed by the town. The mortal people were sleeping peacefully, unaware of my family leaving. The only lights that were on through the small town were streetlights. I was sad to leave this place but it's not like I was very adventurous here in the day. Only Jun Hui and a few others were able to and when the people asked why we couldn't leave, they were told we had a disease that the sun's harmful rays would give us harsh rashes.

The people were gullible enough to believe that at first, but then Jun Hui noticed that they were acting suspicious around him. They began to distance themselves from him and the others. When Jun Hui would go out to buy some clothes or gardening supplies, he could hear the people gossiping behind his back. He would try to approach them and offer them a cup of tea but they would immediately decline.

Just when we thought we were able to make it out of town, we were stopped by a few of the townspeople, who were holding torches.

"Evening, can we get a minute?" A man in his thirties that owns a small store stopped us.

"Sure," my uncle, Jian, was the one driving the car, "What can we do for you townfolk?"