Xu Minghao

Bloody Kiss

  You know those stories your parents used to tell before going to sleep? Well, I was always told of these creatures that were nocturnal, like owls, take on the form of humans, and have these fangs that blood. My name is Xu Ming Hao, and I have encountered a vampire, but not just any vampire, a vampire prince, and his name is Wen Jun Hui.

It was the middle of winter in Busan, Korea, I woke up around 4:30AM by the sound of a loud moving truck. I groaned as I got up and walked to the bathroom to use the toilet. As I finish washing my hands, the doorbell rings. I'm usually a chill guy, but when I can't get my sleep, I'm like a wild animal that is getting ready to catch it's prey. Luckily, I live alone in my own apartment. I quickly walk to the door and open it to see the most handsome man I have ever laid eyes on. I tried to speak but all I could say was, "Y-yes?" He turned to look at me then gave a big smile and said, "Oh, I'm sorry for disturbing you, I'm the new neighbor moving in right here," he pointed to the mansion that had been vacant for quite some time, "my grandparents used to own that mansion. It's been passed down to me and I plan on living here for a long, long time. I hope we can become very close. Again, sorry for the disturbance."

After that conversation, my memory became a blur. I could remember he bent over to grab my hand and kiss it? I'm not sure. If I think about this too much, I'll get a headache. Anyway, the next morning I wake up to the sound of my alarm going off. I had to get ready for school. I completely forgot about that conversation until I ran into him again on the way to school. I bowed to him and gave him a smile. I then noticed that he was wearing a rather expensive looking outfit. I could see that he wanted to walk with me so I waited as he caught up. He bowed and introduced his self, "Sorry about last night. I didn't get to properly introduce myself. My name is Wen Jun Hui, and you?" I answered him with, "Oh, my name is Xu Ming Hao. Nice to meet you." We shook hands and started walking.

"So, can I ask where you are headed?" I asked in curiousity. He took out his phone and showed an image of my school then answered, "I just started attending this school, is this perhaps where you are going?" I smiled and nodded. We talked about simple things on the way to school, from our likes and dislikes, food to books. Once we arrived at school, I had some spare time to show him around since he was new. The bell rang and we had to quickly exchange phone numbers then said our goodbyes. I saw him from time to time during breaks, I even had a few classes with him. I can already tell that he was getting popular with many of the girls since they were all getting shy in his prescense. Even though I made a new friend without effort, my day at school wasn't any different.

The last bell rang and school was over. I was in the middle of packing my backpack to go to one of the dance rooms I teach break dancing in. "Hey, are you going to walk home?" Jun Hui appeared out of nowhere and surprised me. I told him I had another class to go to so I wouldn't be going home until the evening. He made a pouting face until I asked if he wanted to tag along. He was filled with excitement as we walked to my class. I showed him a few moves before my students came in, and he tried to do the same moves and he got them down pretty well. My class came in and I introduced them to my friend who was new to the area so they should be seeing him often. My class consisted of mostly boys but there was a fair amount of girls.

"Alright class, let's get started."